Show your Latest GB Loco and Rolling Stock Purchase.

Started by longbridge, June 30, 2012, 09:05:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Portpatrick

The Clayton is a fabulous model.  As soon as I picked up on its arrival - on this forum - I was on the phone to Tim at Arcadia and he had just taken delivery.  Within 48 hours I had one.

emjaybee

The problem with modern railway modelling is that models are announced, produced and are often never seen again. So I find I have to think long and hard about whether to buy something or not. This one was a difficult model NOT to buy initially.

In many ways I miss the old days when something came out and you could 'save up' for it to spread expenditure. If you tried to do that now you'd be constantly missing out.
Brookline build thread:

https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=50207.msg652736#msg652736

Sometimes you bite the dog...

...sometimes the dog bites you!

----------------------------------------------------------

I can explain it to you...

...but I can't understand it for you.

Bealman

Yes, I agree completely.

I see a model advertised, and think, definitely want one of those, but can't afford it yet....

But then it's gone!

Bring back a Triang catalogue when you'd go down the shop and buy what was in it  ;)
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Newportnobby

Quote from: Bealman on May 16, 2021, 10:03:04 AM
Bring back a Triang catalogue when you'd go down the shop and buy what was in it  ;)

And then find it wouldn't fit on your N gauge track :laugh:

Ditape

Look what just landed on my door step curtesy of Kieth @ Traintrax, A Kato Hitachi Class 800/0 GWR 5 Car set. British based manufacturers could take leaf out of Kato's book this 5 car unit comes complete with enougth track to display the units, in a bueatiful proper book style case and by UK standards a very good price.

Diane Tape

honestjudge

Portpatrick

Why is it so difficult adding pictures to a post.  I took photos of my recent purchases on my phone and on the third attempt got them into "my gallery".  But whatever I do I cannot add the pic from my gallery to the post.  On Facebook it is so quick and easy.

dannyboy

@Portpatrick
You should be able to see, underneath your picture in the gallery, a box adjacent to 'BB Code'. If you can see that box then copy the entire contents of the box, it begins with [img and then paste into a post. I know some members do have problems when it comes to photographs taken on mobile phones.

Some members have different ways of getting a picture into a post, but that is how I do it.
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

Portpatrick

Quote from: dannyboy on May 16, 2021, 04:33:53 PM
@Portpatrick
You should be able to see, underneath your picture in the gallery, a box adjacent to 'BB Code'. If you can see that box then copy the entire contents of the box, it begins with [img and then paste into a post. I know some members do have problems when it comes to photographs taken on mobile phones.

Some members have different ways of getting a picture into a post, but that is how I do it.

Thank you for the suggestion.  Unfortunately none of the photos in my gallery show any box underneath , let alone a BB code.

Portpatrick

2 locos I picked up the other week from FleeBay auctions.  Both at fair prices, esp the WD

https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/gallery/109/thumb_479-160521160111.jpeg

Sorry this may look small.  The only way I could do it was by copy and paste the URL from the picture in gallery into the post

dannyboy

@Portpatrick
Not sure what is happening, but I can see your BB Code

???
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

Portpatrick

Very odd.  Thank you for posting a picture we can actually see!

gc4946

My purchases have been more modest but fill a few gaps in my fleet:

Poole Farish 101 Met-Cam Regional Railways unit (non-powered second hand)
Bachmann Farish 371-153 class 37/4 EW&S 37419 and 374-012 Mk1 BG in Intercity livery

"I believe in positive, timely solutions, not vague, future promises"

Dunston

Mt latest edition rolled up this morning.....Coal sector class 60

Previous layout Dunston - Freight only layout. Era 8 (maybe a bit of 9)
Current project Ashfield Junction

Jason B

My Will power collapsed over a few days but i did have some birthday cash to spend and purchased  a GF sound fitted 31 in rail freight Large logo today

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations