Show your Latest GB Loco and Rolling Stock Purchase.

Started by longbridge, June 30, 2012, 09:05:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

railsquid

Talking of LMS... I always wanted a big red 4-6-2 with those smoke deflectors and happily here is one which can be justified in an number of periods of interest to me.

duchess-of-hamilton-coronation-class-46229 by Rail Squid, on Flickr

railsquid

And just to prove I haven't gone all kettle-shaped, here a class 20 with the converted headboxes, which I've been after for a while:

br-class-20-20192 by Rail Squid, on Flickr

And a Class 31, 5826 (later 31293), which happily seems to have got about quite a lot.

class-31 by Rail Squid, on Flickr

All 2nd-hand purchases in excellent condition (perversely I find that a more reliable way of sourcing British locomotives from overseas as it means provided you can trust the vendor, they've already survived the DIY QA process and are less likely to fail/blow up out of the box and hence require an expensive, time-consuming postal trip back to the UK).

Bealman

Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Drakken

Only a small purchase but been hunting one of these little wagon's for a while. Managed to finally find one & couldn't be happier.

Supposedly a Collectors Club Edition but either way it's from Cardiff so I'm happy fit's my layout perfectly

Graham Farish 377-075K 7 Plank End Door Wagon 1923 in 'Cambrian Wagon Co. Ltd' Cream Livery - Collectors Club Limited Edition Model 2004/2005

Webbo

Quote from: railsquid on November 26, 2016, 05:22:35 AM
Talking of LMS... I always wanted a big red 4-6-2 with those smoke deflectors and happily here is one which can be justified in an number of periods of interest to me.

So did I. You've prompted me to put an order in for one - evil RS. Though should look nice with my train of maroon Mk1s. This will bring the number of UK locos I have to 5.

Webbo

angr607

Latest Arrivals with 3 more on the way

Dapol Britannia from Hattons (only £85 so why not) which runs like a dream and is running in as I type. It seems my Dapol Lucky Streak is continuing! Also arrived but not photographed is Pannier tank no.3 L94 which completes the Trio of London Transport panniers. I personally hope Dapol doesn't bring out any more or that's even more I'll have to buy! Also newly arrived today, 3 Dapol Collett Coaches in Carmine and Cream to complete my 5 coach test rake that permanently lives on the test track along with a NGS Thompson Coach which arrived recently.

Very happy with all my purchases and looking forward to the next 3 (all Maroon Colletts to complete that set of 8 ). Fingers crossed Payday will see a Merchant Navy and Standard 4 joining the fleet as well (unless I get distracted and end up buying something else again like last time I went to buy a Merchant Navy!).

Cheers,

Jon

johnlambert

I applied a similar justification to buy a Stanier Pacific; except I went for City of Coventry because I went to university at Coventry.  I hope you're as happy with yours as I am with mine.

railsquid

Quote from: Webbo on November 26, 2016, 10:19:28 AM

So did I. You've prompted me to put an order in for one - evil RS. Though should look nice with my train of maroon Mk1s. This will bring the number of UK locos I have to 5.
Sorry about that... I wonder where I can claim my commission from Bachmann ;) Also looks good with maroon Stanier coaches. Only the second British kettle I have.

Quote from: johnlambert on November 26, 2016, 01:42:06 PM
I applied a similar justification to buy a Stanier Pacific; except I went for City of Coventry because I went to university at Coventry.  I hope you're as happy with yours as I am with mine.
I didn't have much choice, it was one of those random ridiculous bargains one occasionally comes across in this neck of the woods and was too good to pass up. It seems the original was active in that livery from 1959 ~ 1964 ish and in the late 70's  ~ mid 80s ran on the mainline in preservation. Very nice loco, though I suspect it will live coccooned in a safe box most of the time.

port perran

They are lovely models but I can't really justify one on a Cornish branch line !
I'll get round to fixing it drekkly me 'ansome.

dannyboy

I also have one of these engines, which was part of the 'Cumbrian Mountain' set. I then went and got the GF Green version. As 'Hamilton' is my mothers maiden name, it was the perfect excuse. I also got the 'City of Bradford', (as that was where I was born and lived for most of my life before coming to Ireland), in black with sound from C R Signals - excellent sound and they are lovely engines. Hopefully there are no more Coronations that have a personal connection!  :worried:
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

johnlambert

Been buying some rolling stock.

Peco Ale wagon.

Peco Railfreight wagons.

Graham Farish VGA wagons.

The VGA wagons won't be staying as they don't go around second radius curves.  Longer couplings are supplied but I don't want to change them and find they still won't run on my layout.  It's a pity as they're great looking wagons.

Yet_Another

Modest Warley haul:

Split from the current GF mail train set. Well chuffed, saved me the trouble of having to do the splitting myself. Just need the new BG to appear now.
Tony

'...things are not done by those who sit down to count the cost of every thought and act.' - Sir Daniel Gooch of IKB

georgehgv

My haul from Warley, thought I had missed out on the TEA from Revolution so glad I picked these up from them. Not sure whether to keep the red ones yet.

Another house move despite "never again" has given me a second floor layout so Geominster Mainline & Heritage Line will be modified and enlarged with siding storage.

My Facebook Diary is Geominster if anyone wants to view it please ask, it is a private group requiring acceptance, thanks.

This then is my third version modified which has been improved from previous efforts and lessons learned.

Geominster was my first project which has now been dismantled. Having learnt so much from  previous Geominster projects this is the latest one.

Latest Youtube video is here.

https://youtu.be/x50gYil5tAs

http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=30850.0

georgehgv

Definitely keeping the Greenergy ones though absolutely brilliant detail, not allowed them until Christmas had to sneak a proper look at one. 👍

Another house move despite "never again" has given me a second floor layout so Geominster Mainline & Heritage Line will be modified and enlarged with siding storage.

My Facebook Diary is Geominster if anyone wants to view it please ask, it is a private group requiring acceptance, thanks.

This then is my third version modified which has been improved from previous efforts and lessons learned.

Geominster was my first project which has now been dismantled. Having learnt so much from  previous Geominster projects this is the latest one.

Latest Youtube video is here.

https://youtu.be/x50gYil5tAs

http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=30850.0

Railwaygun

Quote from: georgehgv on November 28, 2016, 12:50:02 PM

My haul from Warley, thought I had missed out on the TEA from Revolution so glad I picked these up from them. Not sure whether to keep the red ones yet.

So you've blown the housekeeping for this month??

The boxes on the table on the Revolution stand were the last from the batch!
Yet when I surveyed all that my hands had done and what I had toiled to achieve, everything was meaningless, a chasing after the wind;
Ecclesiastes 2:11

This has been a public service announcement
It may contain alternative facts

Caveat lector

The largest Railwaygun, Armoured Train & Military Rail group in the world!

https://groups.io/g/railwaygun/topics

NGF Military threads

https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?board=146.0

My Military Rail Pinterest area
https://uk.pinterest.com/NDRobotnik/

10mm / N armour Threads
https://www.10mm-wargaming.com/

Motto: Semper ubi, sub ubi

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23