Show your Latest GB Loco and Rolling Stock Purchase.

Started by longbridge, June 30, 2012, 09:05:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CaleyDave

Quote from: railsquid on August 12, 2016, 04:58:41 PM
Those class 20s in the background look a bit overscale... I'd say they're Lima but IIRC Lima never produced 20s in N.  ???

Don't worry they are not N gauge! (I don't recall ever seeing an N gauge Lima class 20 but I wouldn't have been looking)
Lima 00 Gauge Class 20's.
Part of a collection of 1980's (Almost exclusively Early Sectorisation and Scottish) 00 gauge trains which whilst I have no layout to run them on I like and have no intention of selling until I need the space or money so I change which ones sit on top of my wardrobe from time to time.

railsquid

Quote from: CaleyDave on August 12, 2016, 05:28:17 PM
Quote from: railsquid on August 12, 2016, 04:58:41 PM
Those class 20s in the background look a bit overscale... I'd say they're Lima but IIRC Lima never produced 20s in N.  ???

Don't worry they are not N gauge! (I don't recall ever seeing an N gauge Lima class 20 but I wouldn't have been looking)
Lima 00 Gauge Class 20's.
Part of a collection of 1980's (Almost exclusively Early Sectorisation and Scottish) 00 gauge trains which whilst I have no layout to run them on I like and have no intention of selling until I need the space or money so I change which ones sit on top of my wardrobe from time to time.

I categorically deny ever having done anything like this ;)

layout-2014-09-12_e by Rail Squid, on Flickr

Newportnobby

At last. A bit of good luck. A friend is changing era so I managed to get hold of this baby.
Thanks, Dave :claphappy:

@georgehgv Am I a happy bunny or what?

Bealman

Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Newportnobby

Quote from: Only Me on August 16, 2016, 11:38:30 AM
Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Have you recently done an advert for some extra strong mints?

railsquid

georgehgv

Well done Mick, can I now post more of mine and a whole lot more to tempt you, great friend you have there
Another house move despite "never again" has given me a second floor layout so Geominster Mainline & Heritage Line will be modified and enlarged with siding storage.

My Facebook Diary is Geominster if anyone wants to view it please ask, it is a private group requiring acceptance, thanks.

This then is my third version modified which has been improved from previous efforts and lessons learned.

Geominster was my first project which has now been dismantled. Having learnt so much from  previous Geominster projects this is the latest one.

Latest Youtube video is here.

https://youtu.be/x50gYil5tAs

http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=30850.0

Newportnobby

Quote from: georgehgv on August 16, 2016, 01:12:08 PM
Well done Mick, can I now post more of mine and a whole lot more to tempt you

Go you ahead, George. Have you got a Kestrel, Lion or Falcon diesel squirrelled away somewhere?

georgehgv

Quote from: newportnobby on August 16, 2016, 01:49:36 PM
Quote from: georgehgv on August 16, 2016, 01:12:08 PM
Well done Mick, can I now post more of mine and a whole lot more to tempt you

Go you ahead, George. Have you got a Kestrel, Lion or Falcon diesel squirrelled away somewhere?

Nope you quite safe. A couple of B1's. Tornado in present livery, reminder to self, post pics of new purchases.
Another house move despite "never again" has given me a second floor layout so Geominster Mainline & Heritage Line will be modified and enlarged with siding storage.

My Facebook Diary is Geominster if anyone wants to view it please ask, it is a private group requiring acceptance, thanks.

This then is my third version modified which has been improved from previous efforts and lessons learned.

Geominster was my first project which has now been dismantled. Having learnt so much from  previous Geominster projects this is the latest one.

Latest Youtube video is here.

https://youtu.be/x50gYil5tAs

http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=30850.0

MinZaPint

Quote from: newportnobby on August 16, 2016, 11:34:38 AM
At last. A bit of good luck. A friend is changing era so I managed to get hold of this baby.
Thanks, Dave :claphappy:

That's really nice Mick, good pal you have there  :beers: I'll crack a celebratory bottle for you  :thumbsup:
Cogito Sumere potum alterum

NeMo

Very nice. I'm too afraid to run mine too much just in case it overheats and melts the bodywork! I doubt DCC will be able to replace the body on a 'Western Enterprise' even under warranty. So it only gets the occasional spin.

Now, when are Dapol going to produce one in golden ochre livery?

Cheers, NeMo

(Former NGS Journal Editor)

Bealman

Me too, as if I needed an excuse. :beers:

Beautiful looking locomotive!  :thumbsup:
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Newportnobby

Quote from: NeMo on August 19, 2016, 12:53:39 PM
Very nice. I'm too afraid to run mine too much just in case it overheats and melts the bodywork! 

I think poor Elvinley must have just been unlucky with his. I have 6 Westerns, 3 of which are Dapol and none of them run even warmly (where's the touch wood smiley when you need one)

railsquid

Quote from: newportnobby on August 19, 2016, 03:12:48 PM
Very nice. I'm too afraid to run mine too much just in case it overheats and melts the bodywork! 

I think poor Elvinley must have just been unlucky with his. I have 6 Westerns, 3 of which are Dapol and none of them run even warmly (where's the touch wood smiley when you need one)

Talking of Westerns, I'd just like to lament the passing of the lighting in one direction on this D1065:

dapol-class-52-D1065-western-consort by Rail Squid, on Flickr

Frontal and rear lighting works in one direction, but not the other, and I'm not sure if it was like that out of the box, sigh. Hopefully it's just a connection which has worked loose. Lovely loco otherwise. If I feel the urge to acquire any more (my first failed out of the box with a slight burning smell) I'll probably have them sent to DCC Supplies rather than risk touching Nobby's wood.

MKP

Very nice. I'm too afraid to run mine too much just in case it overheats and melts the bodywork! I doubt DCC will be able to replace the body on a 'Western Enterprise' even under warranty. So it only gets the occasional spin.

Now, when are Dapol going to produce one in golden ochre livery?

Not for a while yet, still waiting for a slot for the weathered run of Enterprise

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations