Show your Latest GB Loco and Rolling Stock Purchase.

Started by longbridge, June 30, 2012, 09:05:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

railsquid

Consumption of more cider and the resultant convivial discussion lead to general agreement that a railway can never have too many Mk1 coaches, especially of the very nice Blue Riband kind. Here some InterCity-liveried ones which, with the controls on the railway's recently discovered Era Control Console (produced, it seems, by an obscure Japanese company called Ruuruwan), can be used on 1980's steam-hauled excursions from Marylebone to the West Midlands.

Also WR "Siphon G" and (barely visible) a SR "Bogie B" vans to provide extra luggage space for the anticipated increase in passenger traffic.

johnlambert

Quote from: railsquid on December 30, 2015, 12:58:57 AM
Consumption of more cider and the resultant convivial discussion lead to general agreement that a railway can never have too many Mk1 coaches, especially of the very nice Blue Riband kind. Here some InterCity-liveried ones which, with the controls on the railway's recently discovered Era Control Console (produced, it seems, by an obscure Japanese company called Ruuruwan), can be used on 1980's steam-hauled excursions from Marylebone to the West Midlands.

Also WR "Siphon G" and (barely visible) a SR "Bogie B" vans to provide extra luggage space for the anticipated increase in passenger traffic.

Looks like I'll need some of those InterCity coaches and a valanced version of Mallard when it is released...

austinbob

Made an offer of £70 for an as new Farish Royal Scott - Gordon Highlander with early crest to Rails of Sheffield ebay site. Offer was accepted and loco received today.
Needed all the gunk cleaning out of the tender and the wheels cleaning and tender pickups adjusting and now runs very sweetly. Very pleased.
[smg id=33534 type=preview align=center caption="Royal Scott class"]
:) :beers:
Size matters - especially if you don't have a lot of space - and N gauge is the answer!

Bob Austin

paulprice

Quote from: austinbob on December 30, 2015, 11:46:35 AM
Made an offer of £70 for an as new Farish Royal Scott - Gordon Highlander with early crest to Rails of Sheffield ebay site. Offer was accepted and loco received today.
Needed all the gunk cleaning out of the tender and the wheels cleaning and tender pickups adjusting and now runs very sweetly. Very pleased.

how did yu get the tender top off?

austinbob

Quote from: paulprice on December 30, 2015, 01:16:53 PM
Quote from: austinbob on December 30, 2015, 11:46:35 AM

how did yu get the tender top off?
I find it easier if you take the wheels and keeper plate off first. There are four small screws to hold the keeper plate on. One at each end and one on each side on little brackets screwing into the tender base. Once this keeper plate is off take the wheels out (they drop out) and you will see two small screws at the rear of the tender. These hold the tender chassis to the tender top.
Once these are out the rear of the tender top lifts off (you might find it easier if you hold the chassis with some small flat nose pliers). The front of the tender is hooked over the chassis so just edge the top towards the loco and the top of the tender lifts off exposing the motor and the DCC socket.
Be careful not to lose any of the screws - they are very small and difficult to find.

You can get to the tender screws without taking the wheels out but they are very difficult to see with the wheels in place.

Hope this helps.
:beers:
Size matters - especially if you don't have a lot of space - and N gauge is the answer!

Bob Austin

petercharlesfagg

Friens,

Trying to think positively and to a future, I have just ordered one of these locomotives as a treat!

http://www.petersspares.com/graham-farish-371165-class-374-37407-loch-long-br-blue-large-logo-n-gauge.ir

Regards, Peter.
Each can do but little, BUT if each did that little, ALL would be done!

Life is like a new sewer pipe, what you get out of it depends on what you put into it!

A day without laughter is a day wasted!

Malc

You must have got the last one, Peter. They show "out of stock".
The years have been good to me, it was the weekends that did the damage.

N-Gauge-US

Quote from: petercharlesfagg on December 30, 2015, 03:55:57 PM
Friens,

Trying to think positively and to a future, I have just ordered one of these locomotives as a treat!

http://www.petersspares.com/graham-farish-371165-class-374-37407-loch-long-br-blue-large-logo-n-gauge.ir

Regards, Peter.

Glad to hear it, Peter! I wish you many, many happy hours with your new purchase :) After the time you've had, you deserve a treat!
Check out Avondale - My heritage railway themed layout :)

http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=29371.0

Skyline2uk

QuoteQuote from: petercharlesfagg on Today at 03:55:57 pm

Friens,

Regards, Peter.

Glad to hear it, Peter! I wish you many, many happy hours with your new purchase :) After the time you've had, you deserve a treat!

Seconded!

That looks a nice livery choice of a locomotive I happen to know is a good example of Farish work  :thumbsup:

Skyline2uk

Newportnobby

As someone due to have a major heart operation in 8 days time thinking positive is a must, Peter.
I have a Poppylino to look forward to and don't want the vouchers I've amassed at Rails to go unspent, either ;)

N-Gauge-US

Quote from: newportnobby on December 30, 2015, 05:17:06 PM
As someone due to have a major heart operation in 8 days time thinking positive is a must, Peter.
I have a Poppylino to look forward to and don't want the vouchers I've amassed at Rails to go unspent, either ;)

I didn't realize your surgery was coming up so soon. Please do as the doctors command and take care of yourself. I'm not sure what I'll do without your sage advice while you're in hospital, much less any longer! We are all rooting for you, @newportnobby. :)
Check out Avondale - My heritage railway themed layout :)

http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=29371.0

Newportnobby

Thank you, Philip.
Rest assured I'm not trying to upstage Peter, more a case of trying to be positive whilst bricking myself!

austinbob

NN I wish you a speedy recovery. I'm sure you'll be back posting here once the anaesthetic wears off!!

Bob Austin

Newportnobby

Quote from: austinbob on December 30, 2015, 05:32:19 PM
NN I wish you a speedy recovery. I'm sure you'll be back posting here once the anaesthetic wears off!!

Thanks, Bob. I'm sure there'll be some who are hoping it doesn't wear off :laugh3:

Tdm

All the best for the New Year Peter & Mick - out of interest Mick are you going into Chorley Hospital or Sharoe Green, Preston for your Op?

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations