Show your Latest GB Loco and Rolling Stock Purchase.

Started by longbridge, June 30, 2012, 09:05:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

paulprice

Well last weekend at the Weston on Trent show, I found a bargain to add to the Foster Street roster, another Ivatt 2-6-0 (to replace one I had which blew up).

Anyway a little work and she has soon shed her terrible BR markings, and all she needs now is a little more weathering.

railsquid

From a recent job lot on Yahoo Japan auctions (Japan's Ebay - Ebay itself failed here), this pair of Dapol autocoaches:

Unfortunately the closest loco by era and region I have for these is probably not quite prototypical...

Luke Piewalker

I feel another Duchess of Hamilton coming on...

paulprice

Quote from: Luke Piewalker on November 29, 2015, 04:09:01 PM

I feel another Duchess of Hamilton coming on...

how's your LMS black Duchess turned out???

Luke Piewalker

Not bad.... Ok by my standards, and enough to make me never want to do lining in N gauge ever again...

paulprice

Quote from: Luke Piewalker on November 29, 2015, 04:28:47 PM

Not bad.... Ok by my standards, and enough to make me never want to do lining in N gauge ever again...

Looks great to me, I must admit I love the LMS black livery, but after applying it to my Jubilee, I chickened out painting my Patriot and a further Jubilee in this livery  :'( :'(

Luke Piewalker

I jumped on the Blue one as I can get away with a straight renumbering/naming (and possibly cresting)

paulprice

Quote from: Luke Piewalker on November 29, 2015, 04:42:00 PM
I jumped on the Blue one as I can get away with a straight renumbering/naming (and possibly cresting)

Sometimes I wish I had not chosen to model the LMS era only

ChrisWV10

I had to have one of these from Warley....

C.  :thumbsup:

austinbob

Bought Dapol Ivatt 2MT from Alton models. I had a chance to try a couple out before I bought. The one I bought runs beautifully.
[smg id=32459 type=preview align=center caption="Ivatt 2MT"]  :)
Size matters - especially if you don't have a lot of space - and N gauge is the answer!

Bob Austin

port perran

A very nice photo.
They are indeed excellent models. My own one is one of my very best runners.
I'll get round to fixing it drekkly me 'ansome.

austinbob

Quote from: port perran on November 29, 2015, 06:38:36 PM
A very nice photo.
They are indeed excellent models. My own one is one of my very best runners.
I'm afraid I cheated with the photo its from eHattons!!
:)
Size matters - especially if you don't have a lot of space - and N gauge is the answer!

Bob Austin

port perran

Ah well !
Alton models are very good. A long way from me but my daughter used to live in Hampshire so have been in the model shop a few times whilst visiting.
Often seem to have some reasonable 2nd hand stuff too.
I'll get round to fixing it drekkly me 'ansome.

austinbob

Quote from: port perran on November 29, 2015, 06:52:18 PM
Ah well !
Alton models are very good. A long way from me but my daughter used to live in Hampshire so have been in the model shop a few times whilst visiting.
Often seem to have some reasonable 2nd hand stuff too.
Yes, I've bought a few second hand items from them and, you get a chance to try before you buy!! They don't seem to have much N gauge 2nd hand stuff now. I'm not sure if they're just winding down from 2nd hand or they haven't had many punters wanting to sell their old stock.
:beers:

Bob Austin

mk1gtstu

My latest haul for the layout bought at Warley

cheers, Stu
My Box File Layout (South Wales Valleys Colliery) http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=10430.0

Porthkerry (A South Wales layout in BR Blue) http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=39654.0

Abercwm Colliery (South Wales Area) https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=47521.0

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations