Show your Latest GB Loco and Rolling Stock Purchase.

Started by longbridge, June 30, 2012, 09:05:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NeMo

Nice to see a Dapol 56 in action. It seems to be an underrated model -- a bit like the real thing, I suppose. Do you think it captures the 47-on-steroids look nicely? Is it slow-geared like the Dapol 58?

Cheers, NeMo
(Former NGS Journal Editor)

Skyline2uk

I certainly rate the Dapol 56.

Very nice slow runner  :thumbsup:

Skyline2uk

Sprintex

Certainly has the right look although I'm no expert on detail. Not seen a Class 58 to compare the speed but even on full DC power it wasn't exactly whizzing round, so good for a freight loco I reckon ;)

Paul

simonprelude

Very nice.

Would like a 'City of Wells'

Quote from: d-a-n on July 08, 2015, 06:49:42 PM
This arrived yesterday from Sheffield

[smg id=26923]

Not much more to say other than it's a cracking model, runs well and I'm looking forward to getting some of the correct carriages to go behind it. Man, those new carriages are dear!

scruff

The Dapol 56 to me looks like a 56, Has the same supercreep mechanism as the 58 and runs very well. The detail compromises are noticeable if you know what to look for.. I think the worst one is the shoulder grilles at one end, maybe a slide in the tooling would've been good.. Isn't hindsight a great thing!

I've got 6 class 56's and two 58's with more on the wishlist.. I think you made a good choice Paul!!

Cheers
Mark

GeeBee

Latest 2 locos for Martini Holt

They are Dapol Hymeks D7026 and D7072 D7072 is a dummy but provided the BR Green body I needed
So D7026 now running as D7072 with BR Green Body

D7072 the dummy now with D7026 Weathered BR Blue body

Just got to run D7072 in and program it not sure what I am going to do with the dummy yet

daveg

Can't view your pics, GeeBee.  :help:

Getting the Not Allowed message.  :'(

Dave G

GeeBee

Sorry Guys
They are showing for me perhaps one of the moderators will have a look to see if I have locked them or something
Graham

Jimmy77

They have been showing okay for me, could be a browser issue.

Nice models by the way!

Cheers,

Jimmy

Sprintex

Should be OK for all now, permissions corrected on the folder :thumbsup:

Paul

daveg

Quote from: Sprintex on September 01, 2015, 02:27:25 AM

Paul

Nope - not on Chrome anyway. Will try IE in a mo. Can view mini pics if I go to GB's album but can't open them  ???

Dave G

Bealman

Coming up nicely on me Android phone.

Commenting on the plethora of new locos here:

Yours look great, Paul, just don't know about the details of stock workings at that time in history.

Love the green Hymek!  :thumbsup:

Absolutely drool over the Southern beastie  :drool: but did those side emblems really stick out that much? Seems too far out to my eyes.  :confused2:
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

daveg

Quote from: daveg on September 01, 2015, 06:53:29 AM
Quote from: Sprintex on September 01, 2015, 02:27:25 AM

Paul

Nope - not on Chrome anyway. Will try IE in a mo. Can view mini pics if I go to GB's album but can't open them  ???

Dave G

IE works fine. Weird!

Dave G

johnlambert

Two new Graham Farish Hawksworth coaches have found their way into my collection.

It is a pity my local shop had sold out of the brake coach otherwise I'd have had one of those too.

bluedepot

20132 arrived a few weeks ago...  it was being run in some more this evening...

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations