Show your Latest GB Loco and Rolling Stock Purchase.

Started by longbridge, June 30, 2012, 09:05:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ditape

[smg id=27977 type=preview align=center caption="Image1"]

I am about to embark on building a rake of Grainflow polybulk wagons the kit is a multi-media kit from the n-gauge society.The kit comes complete with wheels,couplings,decals and needs very little painting as it is supplied in the right colour plastics and has full side livery decals.

I have 3 kits in hand and will get another 3 later if all goes well,This is my first go with kits in n I have built many kits in O and OO in the past.
Diane Tape

NeMo

Quote from: Ditape on August 08, 2015, 01:53:59 PM
I am about to embark on building a rake of Grainflow polybulk wagons the kit is a multi-media kit from the n-gauge society.

Look forward to your thoughts on this! Made the mistake of picking their etched brass Sealion kit as my first N gauge kit, and let's just say it's been a usefuk source of scrap brass for wagon loads and garbage piles...

Since then done various easier kits from NGS, TPM and Parkside Dundas. These polybulks look tempting though! Also quite like the look of their JGA hopper (kit 28).

Cheers, NeMo
(Former NGS Journal Editor)

railsquid

From one of my favourite dealers in second-hand overseas stuff here in Tokyo, this ineffably naff car transporter from Lima:

It was the "British Leyland" logo which got my attention. Though evidently at the time Lima were modelling the prototype, BL were trying to up their game by producing Mercedes knock-offs.

Newportnobby

The transporters don't look so bad but, like all their vehicles, BL don't seem to have got round to finishing the cars :goggleeyes:

Skyline2uk

Nah, like some models built at Longbridge, they are simply moving body shells between sites. Un-protected, in all weathers!

This transporter seems pro-typical to me :-D

Skyline2uk

Oldun

Quote from: Oldun on August 07, 2015, 06:11:27 PM
Had a little shopping spree toping up my steam collection  :D
[smg id=27966]
[smg id=27967]
[smg id=27968]

And another one :)

[smg id=28032]

Must stop doing this, I'm running out of siding space  :worried:
Never take Life too serious, we are never going to make it out alive

Chocolate comes from cocoa which is a tree ... that makes it a plant which means ... chocolate is Salad !!!

d-a-n

Great purchases Oldun - the Fairburn's is a great looking loco and a lovely model - does yours also run as smooth as silk?

JasonBz

Quote from: newportnobby on August 08, 2015, 05:15:53 PM
The transporters don't look so bad but, like all their vehicles, BL don't seem to have got round to finishing the cars :goggleeyes:

Maybe they have a contract from Stutgart to finish of some older models  ;D

JasonBz

My last purchase was a Farish Class 158 in Wessex Trains Alphaline livery as "158 746 Spirit of the South West" *, the urge to be able to take her picture is driving the build of a small section of scenic line on which to do so.

*Not really my era for models but I used to like the real think when it turned up on a job :)

johnlambert

My local model shop had these Southern Bogie B luggage vans in stock.  I couldn't resist the BR green one to run with my other parcels stock.

paulprice

Well a short car journey to a certain Liverpool retailer, found me walking away with this little thing for a mere £20.

She runs as sweet as a nut, a lick of black paint soon removed the horrible BR markings, and gave a good surface to apply transfers to put her in a proper LMS livery.

All I really need to do it sort out the smoke box door and add a little weathering?

daveg

paulprice

True, I know compared to the latest Bachmann model there is no comparison, but I have always has a soft spot for these models, ever since I wanted one as a little boy, but never got one  :'( :'( :'(

Still I have two now so that's another gap in the Foster Street fleet filled...............

Ditape

[smg id=28051 type=preview align=center caption="5"]

Another Dapol offering joins my fleet a class 22 in green, another ebay bargain buy  :thumbsup:
Diane Tape

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations