Show your Latest GB Loco and Rolling Stock Purchase.

Started by longbridge, June 30, 2012, 09:05:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Newportnobby

The 4MT looks very at home in the setting of your (very good looking) layout.

Ensign Elliott

Thanks all. The layout is one I've built for my local club - just use it as a test track really. Here are a few more pics of various locos on it...

[smg id=27854 type=preview align=center caption="20150326 205829"]

[smg id=27855 type=preview align=center caption="20150326 205936"]

[smg id=27856 type=preview align=center caption="20150326 205951"]

[smg id=27858 type=preview align=center caption="20150326 210048"]

[smg id=27859 type=preview align=center caption="20150326 210016"]

Dr Al

That is one hell of a test track.....the industrial area in particular looks very good....

Cheers,
Alan
Quote from: Roy L S
If Dr Al is online he may be able to provide a more comprehensive answer.

"We have also arranged things so that almost no one understands science and technology. This is a prescription for disaster. We might get away with it for a while, but sooner or later this combustible mixture of ignorance and power is going to blow up in our faces."Dr. Carl Sagan

STEVE44

Here is my latest purchase a western from dapol . Lovely model D1062.Here are some pictures.      Steve44

Western Exile

Some recent arrivals... The Farish NSE 47/7 is a lovely model but I was more excited to get my hands on the wagons; a pair of Dutch Cargowaggons (Minitrix 15621) of the sort that often appeared in Britain. I am always on the lookout for European rolling stock that can be used with British stock (with or without some form of modification). They are fractionally higher, longer and wider than a Farish VGA but are the same width and height as the 47, and I think they look perfectly fine together. I didn't even know such models existed but thanks to woodbury22uk of this forum I do now.
[smg id=27897 type=preview align=center caption="IMG 7904"]   
[smg id=27899 type=preview align=center caption="IMG 7905"]
(not Dr.) Al

johnlambert

Green N gauge DMUs don't seem to come up for sale very often and I could do with a few more for my layout.  When I spotted this 2-car Class 101 I had to have it.  I can't pretend it was a bargain but it wasn't too expensive either considering it was like new.

johnlambert

I'm really after a 3-car Bachmann-Farish DMU in green but they hardly ever come up.  It's a pity that the next releases of 101 and 108 will be 2 car units (with a slightly eye-watering £144 RRP).  So I'll have to wait until either one comes up for sale or a new run of 3-car units is announced.

Tdm

Quote from: Only Me on August 06, 2015, 11:18:05 PM
Where did they all go? ;)

[smg id=27943 type=preview align=center caption="image"]

Is that your "scap loco" shelf!?!  :D

motobikehero

I can't actually show them (sadly) due to lack of a camera, but my micro ace c57 arrived the other day and it looks amazing. another thing i purchased was one of those del prado C38's, and while i've seen one converted using the c57's wheels, i'm going to try and take it a step further by completely reworking the body i.e. reshaping, repainting etc and I'll hopefully come out of this with a decent looking model. As long as I don't do too much to the chassis, the option is always left open for a proper body shell to be purchased and fitted, using the first as a spare.

Tdm

I have run out of space to extend my layout - even though I would like to.
No more room either for any more stock once the blue WD Austerity I have on order arrives.

Nothing left for it but to just enjoy running trains on the layout, some of the recent additions to which are shown in the short video clip below (which is currently uploading to YouTube and should be available within the next hour - baring any problems). 

I could though try persuading the misses to sell some of the Apartments we own in Los Cristianos and buy a Villa with a games room or basement in it!?  8) I could then start again building a much bigger layout on which I could run several trains at once on much longer runs.

Perhaps I might suggest it next Thursday as it's her birthday and she might be in a responsive mood if she likes the presents and surprises she gets!!! (then again she might not). I sometimes envy you batchelor lads who don't need anybody else's approval for what you do or don't do.

Don't wish to offend anyone on here from down under - but I thought the "mac" cartoon shown in today's Daily Mail (with a cricket theme) was very funny.

http://youtu.be/LAeMgOWDtG8

Oldun

Had a little shopping spree toping up my steam collection  :D
[smg id=27966]
[smg id=27967]
[smg id=27968]

Roger
Never take Life too serious, we are never going to make it out alive

Chocolate comes from cocoa which is a tree ... that makes it a plant which means ... chocolate is Salad !!!

CarriageShed

Quote from: Tdm on August 07, 2015, 03:14:26 PM
I sometimes envy you batchelor lads who don't need anybody else's approval for what you do or don't do.

Mwahaha!

Actually the bank manager is just as much our 'enemy' as SWMBO might be yours.

railsquid

I have run out of space to extend my layout - even though I would like to.
No more room either for any more stock once the blue WD Austerity I have on order arrives.

Nothing left for it but to just enjoy running trains on the layout, some of the recent additions to which are shown in the short video clip below (which is currently uploading to YouTube and should be available within the next hour - baring any problems). 

I could though try persuading the misses to sell some of the Apartments we own in Los Cristianos and buy a Villa with a games room or basement in it!?  8)
If someone's moving out soon maybe you could "discover" that they'd left behind an apartment full of model railways ;)

Webbo

Don't wish to offend anyone on here from down under - but I thought the "mac" cartoon shown in today's Daily Mail (with a cricket theme) was very funny.

I haven't seen the Daily Mail cartoon, but I would like to inform everyone in England that the so-called Australian cricket team is really not ours.

Webbo

Tdm

Quote from: Webbo on August 08, 2015, 10:26:19 AM
I haven't seen the Daily Mail cartoon, but I would like to inform everyone in England that the so-called Australian cricket team is really not ours.
Webbo

I don't have a copy of the cartoon to scan in and reproduce (it was the Bar's paper),
but basically (if I have remembered it correctly) it showed an official dashing into the U.K. Imigration Office saying there were 11 new Asylum seekers outside (the Australian cricket team) who didn't want to go home as they feared humilation, antagonisation, and worse if they were ever to set foot on Australian soil again.

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations