Show your Latest GB Loco and Rolling Stock Purchase.

Started by longbridge, June 30, 2012, 09:05:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hailstone

The one with 4 sets of doors looks like a Mink C

Regards,

Alex

Blillpers

Got myself a Class 47... at last! I never thought such a common locomotive would be so hard to find a model of.

A Swede building a British model railway - please excuse any grammar mistakes as english isn't my native language!

railsquid

Oh, they're common enough. It's finding one in the right livery (a BR blue variant or at worst 2-tone green) which is the problem...

No problem with this Class 31 mind you:

Well, apart from the fact that it's from Lima  :D

davidinyork

Quote from: railsquid on April 16, 2015, 04:59:01 PM
Oh, they're common enough. It's finding one in the right livery (a BR blue variant or at worst 2-tone green) which is the problem...

The green ones aren't too difficult to find for a reasonable price - it's the blue ones which go for around a hundred quid on ebay. The Intercity Executive one (they've only done one of these with the new tooling) also goes for quite a bit.

Still, some more blue ones due out soon - both a 47/0 and a 47/7.

railsquid

Meanwhile guess which class of locomotive this chassis belongs to:

Sold as a non-runner... Easy enough to "fix" so that it "runs", albeit only marginally less badly than the 31 shown above.

railsquid

Quote from: davidinyork on April 16, 2015, 05:05:05 PM

The green ones aren't too difficult to find for a reasonable price - it's the blue ones which go for around a hundred quid on ebay. The Intercity Executive one (they've only done one of these with the new tooling) also goes for quite a bit.
I got a Poole-era BR blue one for less than 30 quid last week... More for the curiosity value mind you.

davidinyork

Quote from: railsquid on April 16, 2015, 05:10:02 PM
Quote from: davidinyork on April 16, 2015, 05:05:05 PM

I tend to avoid the Poole-era models now. I have one 47s from that era, which I've had for quite a while, and it's very much showing its age! last time I ran it it wasn't half making a racket. Don't think it's a split gear, but I can't really be bothered to take it apart to check - it's consigned to the bottom of a storage box!
I got a Poole-era BR blue one for less than 30 quid last week... More for the curiosity value mind you.

railsquid

Like I said, it's more for the curiosity value, I have developed a strange and morbid fascination for older N-gauge models.  :heart2:

Railwaygun

Hot from The  Farish club - SDJR F4 & 6 WD tankers ( not a set - separate models, with the tankers in sets of 3)

[smg id=24086 type=preview align=center caption="image"]

[smg id=24088 type=preview align=center caption="image"]

[smg id=24089 type=preview align=center caption="image"]
Yet when I surveyed all that my hands had done and what I had toiled to achieve, everything was meaningless, a chasing after the wind;
Ecclesiastes 2:11

This has been a public service announcement
It may contain alternative facts

Caveat lector

The largest Railwaygun, Armoured Train & Military Rail group in the world!

https://groups.io/g/railwaygun/topics

NGF Military threads

https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?board=146.0

My Military Rail Pinterest area
https://uk.pinterest.com/NDRobotnik/

10mm / N armour Threads
https://www.10mm-wargaming.com/

Motto: Semper ubi, sub ubi

Skyline2uk

MinZaPint

That 4F is almost worth joining the club for  :thumbsup:
Cogito Sumere potum alterum

Ditape

[smg id=24102 type=preview align=center caption="@2"]

The latest addition to the fleet on Snoozebury a Dapol Class 35 Hymek in two tone green with small yellow warning panels.
Diane Tape

Newportnobby

Hope you're happy with it, Di.
I have 2 from the very first run and whilst they are great to look at, they both seem to lose traction a bit with just 6 x Farish Mk1's in tow :hmmm:

paulprice

Has anyone seent the Duchess locomotives on Fleabay for £69 direct from Tiawan

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations