Show your Latest GB Loco and Rolling Stock Purchase.

Started by longbridge, June 30, 2012, 09:05:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DesertHound

Portland Docks, livery error is as Railsquid mentioned above (quoted again below) ...

Quote from: railsquid on January 02, 2015, 11:34:07 AM
The description on the Dapol site appears to be incorrect... Looking up "2P-005-131" on other sites indicates it's actually 2nd class. The error, BTW, is that they're loco-hauled but have the "InterCity 125" mark, which is actually for HST coaches only.

Quote from: portland-docks on January 02, 2015, 07:50:40 PM
i wouldnt believe the descriptions if i was you, seeing as the collett coaches were described as nem pocket ready but werent.

always check

The pictures certainly look like they are 2nd class coaches (they sure don't look like 1st, since there is no "1" at either end). However, the description says 1st.

They could always be returned if incorrect under the pretext of "sorry, I cannot read, I only looked at the picture."  ;D
Visit www.thefarishshed.com for all things Poole Farish and have the confidence to look under the bonnet of your locos!

Rabbitaway

Dan

As I confirm I did receive 2nd class coaches when I ordered 2P-005-131

The delivery note in the package stated 2nd class for these coaches as well

These are very nice considering the price of £10 each

The error is 125 printed on the side as these are loco hauled mk3s

:thumbsup:

DesertHound

Quote from: Rabbitaway on January 02, 2015, 09:54:25 PM
Dan

As I confirm I did receive 2nd class coaches when I ordered 2P-005-131

These are very nice considering the price of £10 each

The error is 125 printed on the side as these are loco hauled mk3s

:thumbsup:

Yup, thanks for the info Rabbit, much appreciated. I was just explaining your great explanation again for the person above who asked again.

Cheers

Dan
Visit www.thefarishshed.com for all things Poole Farish and have the confidence to look under the bonnet of your locos!

Rabbitaway

Thanks Dan

Worth buying if you want these as Dapol will sell them off as bargin offers at shows

:)

Blillpers

Here are my last ones, Graham Farish Mk1 RU/BG coaches. These looks really nice! Mk3s and a Class 86 to go with these are scheduled to arrive next week...  :)

A Swede building a British model railway - please excuse any grammar mistakes as english isn't my native language!

railsquid

Well, the Railsquid Mission for the Relief of British Locos Stranded in Foreign Parts was in action today and picked up this very green-looking waif (catalogue number 371-585) for about 45 quid in Akihabara:

It runs as expected (about as well as my bought-unused blue 46) and is in excellent superficial condition (way better than the packaging) and the little baggie with the piping gubbins is intact, so would be rude to leave it there. Though I do think I've reached peak Peak now.

DesertHound

Living in a foreign land myself, I can only say that I'm envious that you stumble across Graham Farish stock on your weekly ramblings. Come to think of it, I'm envious that you stumble across anything model railway related!

I'll be home (UK) next week and will pick up some goodies waiting for me at my brother's house. Woohoo! Shall post pictures upon my return!

Dan

railsquid

Quote from: DesertHound on January 03, 2015, 11:34:09 AM
Living in a foreign land myself, I can only say that I'm envious that you stumble across Graham Farish stock on your weekly ramblings. Come to think of it, I'm envious that you stumble across anything model railway related!

As far as Japanese stuff goes, living in Tokyo is like one has died and gone to heaven. I'm literally spoilt for choice. I was castigating myself earlier for buying too much on my trip today, but then I realised for 55 quid I got a) a lighting strip for experimental porpoises, b) 3 coaches (one of which has LED taillights) and c) a 1-car DMU, d) six tanker wagons; all brand new (though all on sale).

Non-Japanese stuff is a bit thinner on the ground - I come across US and German stuff often enough, but there are only two stores I've come across with anything British, and of those only has OO stuff. On the plus side I do get the impression they either don't know how to price British stuff, or there's so little demand for it they discount it from the get-go (mind you the Poole HST set I found the other week seems to have gone).

Quote from: DesertHound on January 03, 2015, 11:34:09 AMI'll be home (UK) next week and will pick up some goodies waiting for me at my brother's house. Woohoo! Shall post pictures upon my return!
:photospleasesign:

DesertHound

If this is the Kato store you went to the other week then you most definitely are in heaven!

Now ... where do I find the Graham Farish one of these in London  ;D

[smg id=20086 type=preview align=center caption="image"]

railsquid

That's the place.

Annoyingly a couple of years ago (before I ever heard of Kato) I used to live not very far from there.

Newportnobby

Quote from: railsquid on January 03, 2015, 11:29:39 AM
Well, the Railsquid Mission for the Relief of British Locos Stranded in Foreign Parts was in action today and picked up this very green-looking waif (catalogue number 371-585) for about 45 quid in Akihabara:

Though I do think I've reached peak Peak now.

Twin Peaks immediately sprang to mind :laugh:

Jack

Quote from: newportnobby on January 03, 2015, 12:57:24 PM
Quote from: railsquid on January 03, 2015, 11:29:39 AM

Though I do think I've reached peak Peak now.

Twin Peaks immediately sprang to mind :laugh:

He's been thinking about Liz Hurley again Nurse!  ::)
Today's Experts were yesterday's Beginners :)

Dave95979

well i haven't been hear for a while but got some figers and some other stuff including this

140 quid    don't know if that is good but it probably is as my local shop is always good to me...................... or is it lol ?

UPINSMOKE

Nice Model I have this one as well. Although bought mine S/H if I remember correctly mine was £89.99p. I just thing this model is superb. As for whether you got a good deal there is one here at a better price.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Graham-Farish-372-676-4CEP-Four-Car-EMU-7126-SR-Multiple-Unit-Green-N-Gauge-/231245641545?pt=UK_Trains_Railway_Models&hash=item35d7507749

But then again if you get any trouble you can visit you local model shop easier than having to post back etc.

Whatever the cost if you like it enjoy it I say :D :D
Growing old is mandatory, Growing up is optional

Layout Southern Comfort - In-Progress:
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=23145.0

johnlambert

A few things to catch up with.

I was lucky enough to get this beautifully weathered Class 150 DMU by TMC for Christmas.

Another amazing present; the Graham Farish Princess Coronation 46240 "City of Coventry".

I also fell for the truly outstanding Graham Farish 4F 0-6-0 in the Seaside Excursion set.  Great value for a loco and two maroon Mk1 coaches (you can never have too many Mk1 coaches).

I'd also like a set of Pullman coaches to fill in if my Blue Pullman is unavailable.  This Pullman First Parlour is the first one in my collection.

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations