Show your Latest GB Loco and Rolling Stock Purchase.

Started by longbridge, June 30, 2012, 09:05:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sipat

Gumtree bargain of the week... Dapol Powered 156. Sprinter livery is getting harder to find so was lucky with this one for £45!!!!

Apa Parks new DMU by Steve Purves, on Flickr

MattJ

Bought Mr Gronk at the show in Thornbury.  Many orbits ago I had one of the old Hornby ones, with the dodgy "auto uncouple" feature.  I have no idea where it is now, so if you have ever seen a green 00 gauge one with a crude, naive attempt at painting wasp stripes on the back, it might have just been mine.

A bit soon after my last loco (Ivatt 2MT) but brought forward in anticipation of price rises starting to bite... I would have looked for something a bit more expensive for a better saving, but there was nothing that fit exactly with my plans (seems the Dapol Hymek is no more, and a green Warship to complement my maroon one is still a while off...)

The daunting prospect of giving it a brain transplant for DCC lies ahead!
They're there for their tea.

talisman56

I've been at Bristol helping a MRC colleague exhibit his layout - the extended visit provided ample opportunity search out the bargains and bash the CC, with the following results:

A new Terrier to add to existing one in the shunter fleet, another Bulled CK and a Presflo

A Mark 1 BCK and a couple of unfitted open wagons

A Mark 1 TK and a steel open wagon

A couple of hits at the NGS stand (as well as some wagon kits):

Inspection saloon and 'Queen Mary' brake van

...and finally an addition to the PW fleet

A Sealion ballast wagon

As a sign of the times, the first time I've attended an exhibition where Cheltenham Model Centre have also been there as a trade stand and they didn't have several 'Buy x (qty) for £y' offers...
Quando omni flunkus moritati

My layout thread - Hambleside East: http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=18364.0
My workbench thread: http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=19037

GeeBee

Hi, been to the Bristol Model Railway show and found these 2 FGW sleeper coaches to go with my FGW class 57
:claphappy:  :claphappy:

Newportnobby

Thanks to DavieB's huge kindness in driving out of his way to give me a lift to the Bolton Toy & Train Fair today, I managed to pick up a brand new Farish weathered J39 for £70.
It looks and runs a treat, although the weathering could be better.

I also contemplated a prototype Deltic for £76 but decided against it. Now I wish I had gone for it as the cheapest I can now find is one stripped from a set at £81 + postage :doh:
Hattons and Rails don't even list it now - why didn't I get one when they were going cheap :smackedface:

davieb

Hi Mick  :wave:

It was no problem to give you a lift to the toyfair today  :thumbsup:

I passed on the chance to purchase the above J39 as I was split between a couple of other loco's that I fancied  :-\

Then I found this J39  :)

I don't even think that it had been fully run-in (it is now  :D )
And at a bargain price of £45  it was too good to pass up  :angel:

the only other item I bought was a Farish suburban Brake

There was a great selection of bargains to be had at the toyfair today  :thumbsup:
There was an unusual amount of Union Mills locos for a change  ::)

:beers:

dave  :thumbsup:

Oldun

Quote from: Oldun on April 20, 2014, 10:12:28 PM
Just picked up another 2-6-4 loco.
[smg id=11822]
That's two I've got now, and both with different numbers  :claphappy:
80064 and 80032.

Just picked up a third one. Now have number 80036 as well.
That now completes the 'fleet'  :thumbsup:

Total cost £122.69 including postage  :)

Roger
Never take Life too serious, we are never going to make it out alive

Chocolate comes from cocoa which is a tree ... that makes it a plant which means ... chocolate is Salad !!!

talisman56

Quote from: newportnobby on May 04, 2014, 01:20:27 AM
Nice buys :thumbsup:
The detail on that Sealion looks superb :goggleeyes:

Yes, surprising the detail the DSLR picks up which you don't notice as it is hidden because you are looking down on the model...

My layout thread - Hambleside East: http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=18364.0

gc4946

My Tornado, Bulleid SO in Southern Region green and Dapol Mk3 Virgin carriage were all bought from Rails from the proceeds of disposal of OO stock. I'm now waiting patiently for Dapol to produce a Virgin TGS so I can complete a 2+5 Challenger HST set.

[smg id=12159]

One nice touch is the Bulleid SO which is numbered S1482S, which survives on the Bluebell, the prototype was rescued from Scotland having ended its final years in service there.

The crimson/cream BCK was bought from the Worth Valley's shop at Haworth. It's the nearest representation available in RTR (except for incorrect bogies, which should be the Commonwealth type) to the A1 Steam Locomotive Trust's Tornado's support coach so I can run a short contemporary formation
http://www.a1steam.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=582&Itemid=233

The purchase of Tornado means I own a duplicate Farish A1 as backup and also I like its blue livery, it would look great with a combination of carriages in teak and crimson/cream liveries, as happened just after nationalisation.
"I believe in positive, timely solutions, not vague, future promises"

talisman56

Quote from: gc4946 on May 05, 2014, 09:26:51 PM

The crimson/cream BCK was bought from the Worth Valley's shop at Haworth. It's the nearest representation available in RTR (except for incorrect bogies, which should be the Commonwealth type) to the A1 Steam Locomotive Trust's Tornado's support coach so I can run a short contemporary formation...

You could swap the bogies/chassis from a BR(SR) green BCK (sku 374-083), which does have Commonwealth bogies... see the 2nd picture in my post 'reply #1654' above.

60156 Great Central

A trip to the SVR on Saturday saw a dreadful accident in which these 3 locos lept off the shelf at me and forced me at box-point to hand over pennies for them - well that's my story and I am sticking to it when my girlfriend asks  ::) (which is unfair on her as she has openly announced that as long as its my money she doesn't mind  >:D    )

First up for my Inglenook shunting layout Fenstow and a future project:

Dapol 57XX 5764

Secondly for the same later project:

Graham Farish Black 5 45110

and finally for that later project again

Graham Farish 8F to be renumbered as 48773 with late crest and Crewe cab stripe (hopefully not too hard to do)

Oldun

And another for the 'engine depot'

[smg id=12163]

[smg id=12164]

Don't think I can afford the full complement of 26 locos just yet though  :(

Roger
Never take Life too serious, we are never going to make it out alive

Chocolate comes from cocoa which is a tree ... that makes it a plant which means ... chocolate is Salad !!!

1936ace

Arriving at work today were my two turntable motor units from locomotech. Tested with a battery they were very quite and ran nice and slow. Will post a pic when I get home from work
Bart

Newportnobby

I procrastinated too long as to whether I should get one of these and so missed out on some very good prices. By the time I came to seek one they were getting scarce at a decent price, but thanks to a tip off from Scotsoft, I present to you the latest arrival on Kimbolted........

[smg id=12172]

[smg id=12173]

Thanks, John :thumbsup:

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations