Show your Latest GB Loco and Rolling Stock Purchase.

Started by longbridge, June 30, 2012, 09:05:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gc4946

Courtesy of N'porium/Luke Piewalker:

Minitrix LNER Flying Scotsman.
I've always liked the loco in the condition as preserved until the 80s without smoke deflectors, but the Minitrix version has been difficult and expensive to get hold of.

I already own a set of matching teak carriages from Minitrix and Dapol, chosen to represent the types which are now preserved.
What a sight it would be once the real loco's back in service hauling a preserved rake of teak carriages!

"I believe in positive, timely solutions, not vague, future promises"

Oldun

Quote from: Bealman on April 21, 2014, 04:21:19 AM
I'm assuming that's a Poole model, Roger? I have one - it was one of the better 'old Farish' models.  :thumbsup:

Yes it is a 'Poole' model :thumbsup: Funny thing is, the other one is also a
'Poole' model but, the quality is not the same. Main 'quality failure' is the
front and rear buffers - boy are they a bit thin/flimsy looking.

Roger
Never take Life too serious, we are never going to make it out alive

Chocolate comes from cocoa which is a tree ... that makes it a plant which means ... chocolate is Salad !!!

Bealman

How right you are. Mine is minus two buffers. No idea where they went!
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

dwgwr

:hellosign:
After a couple of years out of the hobby (even at 19!) I've started collecting new rolling stock to add to my existing collection. Sorry no photo's as the camera is broken but here is a list of what i've bought rolling stock wise in the last few months including my most recent purchase:
Locos-
GF Ivatt 2-6-0 no. 46440 in BR Lined Black (Arrived Yesterday but yet to run in)
GF Jinty 0-6-0 no. 47394 in BR Black (An absolute beauty  :D )
GF Class 25 no. D7638

Coaches-
3x Osbourne Ltd Edition Dapol Collett Coaches in GWR Chocolate & Cream (Third, Composite, Brake)
4x Dapol LNER Teak Coaches (First Buffet Third Brake)
GF LMS 50ft Crimson Cream Brake
Second Hand original GF Poole Pullman Brake and Dinning Car

Wagons
Dapol GWR Siphon G Milk Wagon
4 Dapol 6 Wheel Milk Tankers !!!!!!
2 Peco United Dairies Milk Tankers
7 GF 1960's Mineral Wagons
2x Peco Mineral Wagons
GF LNER Oxide Brakevan
GF Maroon GUV Second Hand
2x GF Plywood Fruit Vans
Dapol GWR Fruit Van
Peco Fyffe's Bananas Fruit Van
Peco 7 Plank NE Coal Wagon
GF GWR 8 Ton Cattle Wagon
Peco GWR Box Van
GF GWR Liveried Conflat

This may sound a lot but to be fair i'm selling off some of my elder items such as my pacific locomotives in order to purchase more suitable locomotives for the future layout (when i find time to start it!!) :doh:

Luke Piewalker

A few eBay captures from the past week or two, and some bounty from the Thistle Modelmakers show in Portobello this morning.

A Mk1 GUV in Intercity, and the Mk 4 FO to complete my collection

Some railfreight wagons

A pair of Railfreight HEAs (which may be destined for a future as barrier wagons

And a Farish HST. Sold as a non runner and I haven't investigated it internals yet.
Current plan is to convert the trailer to DVT spec to go with my 89.

Oh, and I got a Marion Zeller rolling road too  :D

stevieboy

Saw these had sold out at Bachmann so had to go big to complete me rake:

8 x BAA's making 25 in total

jivebunny

One for my "Rule 1" days here, in the form of a full prototype-length NOL Eurostar set. I used to have one (two, actually!) and always regretted selling them. I've ordered a spare dummy powercar from a chap in Italy, which I intend to modify to take a Tomix Scharfenburg coupler. I then just need to build myself a pair of barrier wagons from some mk1 frames, and find a reason to drag the whole lot through Chester with a pair of 37s ("Rule 1" being the most likely reason).

And a book on the British rail network from 1901 to 2000, just for good measure  :D

joe cassidy

Quote from: Oldun on April 25, 2014, 06:37:27 PM
Quote from: Bealman on April 21, 2014, 04:21:19 AM
I'm assuming that's a Poole model, Roger? I have one - it was one of the better 'old Farish' models.  :thumbsup:

Yes it is a 'Poole' model :thumbsup: Funny thing is, the other one is also a
'Poole' model but, the quality is not the same. Main 'quality failure' is the
front and rear buffers - boy are they a bit thin/flimsy looking.

I replaced mine with etched brass buffers from the N Gauge Society Shop. You just pull out the originals and replace with the brass ones - it's a push fit.

You then need to paint the buffer housings red to match the buffer beam but it's worth it because the loco looks twice as good afterwards.

Best regards,

Joe

Luke Piewalker

Quote from: jivebunny on April 26, 2014, 09:58:09 PM
One for my "Rule 1" days here, in the form of a full prototype-length NOL Eurostar set. I used to have one (two, actually!) and always regretted selling them. I've ordered a spare dummy powercar from a chap in Italy, which I intend to modify to take a Tomix Scharfenburg coupler. I then just need to build myself a pair of barrier wagons from some mk1 frames, and find a reason to drag the whole lot through Chester with a pair of 37s ("Rule 1" being the most likely reason).

And a book on the British rail network from 1901 to 2000, just for good measure  :D

Wow....  :drool:

joe cassidy

I'm sure you prefer your home-made LMS streamlined Duchess !

Best regards,

Joe

Skyline2uk

QuoteOne for my "Rule 1" days here, in the form of a full prototype-length NOL Eurostar set. I used to have one (two, actually!) and always regretted selling them. I've ordered a spare dummy powercar from a chap in Italy, which I intend to modify to take a Tomix Scharfenburg coupler. I then just need to build myself a pair of barrier wagons from some mk1 frames, and find a reason to drag the whole lot through Chester with a pair of 37s ("Rule 1" being the most likely reason).

A fine choice Jive B, I have just retrieved mine from long term storage:

http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=1724.msg215937#msg215937

And I am still impressed with it (even after 18 or so years).

Ref your idea of dragging a set, I have always wanted to model that. I don't have a dummy Eurostar loco but I do have one of these....

Its a Poole Era 37 that somebody had a half decent crack at turning into an EPS 37. I found it a few years back at a Toyfair. Its a decent runner and at £40.00 not bad value.

Do keep us posted on the barrier wagon project  :thumbsup:

Skyline2uk

jivebunny

That certainly is a half-decent crack at one. Any idea how the "polo rings" were done? I'm looking at sourcing a pair of RfD or Transrail 37s at some point to give them the same treatment, although they'd need a fair bit of modification on the front ends. The really tricky part will be setting up a third barrier wagon with a moving Kato "clothes peg" coupler to attach to the central trailers, for when I want to haul a half-set around  :D (too much Rule 1?)

Skyline2uk

Believe the "Polo Mints" are an Etch or similar, possibly from TPM (stand to be corrected)...

The only source I know for sure who has them is CJM (used on the class 92), but I can't speak for them if they can be bought separately....

Quote:D (too much Rule 1?)

No such thing by friend  :D

Skyline2uk

Skyline2uk

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations