Unhappy Thread

Started by Caz, August 26, 2015, 10:11:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MinZaPint

If the paint needs mixing, I pop it on the washing machine or tumble dryer with a spot of blue tac, need to coordinate with the other half on that  :-*, needs to be turned on (the machine not the other half  ::))
Cogito Sumere potum alterum

steve836

Quote from: MinZaPint on August 21, 2020, 11:18:55 AM
If the paint needs mixing, I pop it on the washing machine or tumble dryer with a spot of blue tac, need to coordinate with the other half on that  :-*, needs to be turned on (the machine not the other half  ::))

Get SWMBO turned on and it would give you something to do while the paint is mixing! :angel:
KISS = Keep it simple stupid

dannyboy

I thought of a reply involving the comment above from Steve and vibrations from washing machines and then I remembered this was a family forum!  :-[
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

guest311

taking a lead from rattle cans, I add a couple of BB shot into each tin / bottle when opened, and this seems to help with mixing when the tin / bottle is shaken.

Newportnobby

Quote from: dannyboy on August 21, 2020, 12:37:10 PM
I thought of a reply involving the comment above from Steve and vibrations from washing machines and then I remembered this was a family forum!  :-[

Me too. The sheer thought of my ex and the washing machine on spin cycle..............ugh :sick2:

Papyrus

This thread has gone off in a slightly different direction to the one I envisioned...  :uneasy: :hmmm:

Cheers,

Chris

Lawrence

A worthwhile investment for me so far

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Shaken-Not-Stirred-Gel-Nails-Polish-Shaker-Lacquer-Mixer-Varnish-Bottle-Shaking/223962112755?hash=item34252ea2f3:g:2U4AAOSwMVZe-Ykr

Pop each paint in for 30s every time you go to the railway room/shed whilst you do something else, not lost a tin/bottle of paint yet

stevewalker

I have been planning to migrate everything from our home server onto a (less power hungry) replacement. I had originally planned to use a pcie version of the Dell Perc6i (the old server uses an integrated version of the same card) to run a RAID array. Second thoughts have lead me to buy a different card and cables and a pair of 6TB drives, as the Perc6i can't support disks over 2TB. All arranged, cables arrived yesterday, card due today and weekend freed up ready for it. All day the tracking info has shown delivery before 9 pm and that it was received into the depot at 1:24 am (about 3 miles away from me). It has stayed the same all day, until 10 pm when it has suddenly changed to possibly being delivered on Monday  :veryangry: All my plans thrown into chaos and I'll not be able to do it until at least next weekend due to work commitments ... and maybe not for weeks, depending what else comes up.

steve836

Quote from: stevewalker on August 21, 2020, 10:28:35 PM
I have been planning to migrate everything from our home server onto a (less power hungry) replacement. I had originally planned to use a pcie version of the Dell Perc6i (the old server uses an integrated version of the same card) to run a RAID array. Second thoughts have lead me to buy a different card and cables and a pair of 6TB drives, as the Perc6i can't support disks over 2TB. All arranged, cables arrived yesterday, card due today and weekend freed up ready for it. All day the tracking info has shown delivery before 9 pm and that it was received into the depot at 1:24 am (about 3 miles away from me). It has stayed the same all day, until 10 pm when it has suddenly changed to possibly being delivered on Monday  :veryangry: All my plans thrown into chaos and I'll not be able to do it until at least next weekend due to work commitments ... and maybe not for weeks, depending what else comes up.

Oh well! you could always do some modelling instead.
KISS = Keep it simple stupid

stevewalker

I did finally manage to get hold of it, but it put me back a day (meaning I was still up working on it at 3am) and data is still transferring now. What really got me was that they sent me an email saying that it was delayed "due to external factors", despite it being checked in at the depot, 3 miles away, at 1:24 am - and then again, the next morning at 4:59 am ?????

After much discussion - particularly about the 3-day timeframe, meaning that I would be worried about going out or to the garage or shed for up to three days, as my wife cannot get down the stairs quickly when the doorbell rings, due to health and disability problems (she injured herself trying to do so a couple of months ago), they promised to look into it and "prioritise it". I could have done without the prioritisation  and lived with a Monday delivery, if I had known that it would not arrive on Saturday or Sunday.

Malc

We ordered some boxes off Amazon, Yodel said they would be delivering Thursday. We haven't been going out much lately as I am a high risk if I get infected. On Wednesday we popped out for 30 mins to post a letter and when we got back we found the card saying they couldn't deliver as they needed a signature but would try Thursday. Thursday comes and we get a ring on the doorbell. By the time I had got my mask on and got to the door, they had left the box and departed. Why couldn't they have done that the day before?
The years have been good to me, it was the weekends that did the damage.

tutenkhamunsleeping

Quote from: Malc on August 24, 2020, 01:16:50 PM
Why couldn't they have done that the day before?

3 across: Because they're a bunch of (7 letters) ;)

Newportnobby

Quote from: tutenkhamunsleeping on August 24, 2020, 01:21:47 PM
Quote from: Malc on August 24, 2020, 01:16:50 PM
Why couldn't they have done that the day before?

3 across: Because they're a bunch of (7 letters) ;)

I must have gone wrong somewhere as I just can't get that 'W' to fit in with 5 down :hmmm:

njee20

Quote from: stevewalker on August 23, 2020, 10:54:32 PM
After much discussion - particularly about the 3-day timeframe, meaning that I would be worried about going out or to the garage or shed for up to three days, as my wife cannot get down the stairs quickly when the doorbell rings, due to health and disability problems (she injured herself trying to do so a couple of months ago), they promised to look into it and "prioritise it". I could have done without the prioritisation  and lived with a Monday delivery, if I had known that it would not arrive on Saturday or Sunday.

Sounds like a prime candidate for a remote doorbell. £20 well spent.

stevewalker

A remote repeat on the doorbell could well be useful and I have been considering one. However, it wouldn't have helped when I had to be at the shops on Saturday.

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations