Nelevation price list released

Started by Nelevation, October 01, 2015, 06:16:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

StormyOutlook

Glad to be able to submit my order, if only I had a bigger house!

georgehgv

Quote from: Caz on October 03, 2015, 09:38:09 AM
This thread is to do with the Nelevator, the off topic Imperial vs Metric posts have been removed and are now in their own thread at http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=29852.msg336551#msg336551.

Thanks Caz. :thankyousign:
Another house move despite "never again" has given me a second floor layout so Geominster Mainline & Heritage Line will be modified and enlarged with siding storage.

My Facebook Diary is Geominster if anyone wants to view it please ask, it is a private group requiring acceptance, thanks.

This then is my third version modified which has been improved from previous efforts and lessons learned.

Geominster was my first project which has now been dismantled. Having learnt so much from  previous Geominster projects this is the latest one.

Latest Youtube video is here.

https://youtu.be/x50gYil5tAs

http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=30850.0

simong

Gutted, just spent all day thinking about getting a Nelevation only to realise tonight that half of the height is below the baseboard which will not work my railway room - back to the old fashion fiddle yard. :(

Zogbert Splod

Quote from: simong on October 03, 2015, 10:04:03 PM
Gutted, just spent all day thinking about getting a Nelevation only to realise tonight that half of the height is below the baseboard which will not work my railway room - back to the old fashion fiddle yard. :(
Almost all the height is down there if you are working off the top track set...  And the same above when you are working off the bottom set.....  All plus any of the frame and mechanism that needs to be added.....
"When in trouble, when in doubt, run (trains) in circles..." etc.
There, doesn't that feel better? 
Lovely!

Planning thread:
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=25873.0

My website: Zog Trains

Run what thou wilt shall be the whole of the law
I may appear to be listening to you, but inside my head, I'm playing with my trains.

Nelevation

Quote from: simong on October 03, 2015, 10:04:03 PM

Yes, sorry about this. The system does need 500mm below and above the baseboard level to gain access to top and bottom tracks.

Nelevation

Quote from: D1042 Western Princess on October 01, 2015, 08:15:09 AM
A very impressive, and imaginative, bit of kit Allen. Sadly I don't think of much use to me as my layout is built on top of bookcases and thus I have very little room below track level (about 3" for scenic purposes) but I wish you every success.
Given the cost of pointwork, especially for a 20 road conventional fiddle yard on a continuous run, and the space that takes up, this device of yours seems quite reasonable for price.
However, I would question your advertising, if I may.
The expression "full length trains" - how long is a train? Until the mid 1980s a 'full length' express passenger train in the UK was anything up to 14 coaches (typically about 12/13) and a BG on the end. Given a suitable locomotive, in diesel days a Class 45, 47, 52 or 55 or for steam a Britannia, Castle, A4, Duchess or West Country for examples and your scale 'full length train' could easily be 7'6" long, perhaps a bit more. Goods trains of the era tend to be even longer. Even today enthusiast specials of 12/13 coaches are not unknown.
I've only seen the pictures here but it doesn't look long enough to hold a 'full length train' to me, 8 or 9 coaches (plus loco) at best.
It's a great, space saving idea and I hope it is successful, but do question this aspect of it.
Just how long a train, in feet or inches (or coach lengths) please, will it actually hold?
Best wishes,
Greg.

Hi Greg. I kicked myself when I read this. On all our show handouts and posters I changed the wording a while back to read "realistic length trains" as I agree with you. A full length train is a silly description. I hadn't noticed I'm still using "full length" on our homepage. I'll change it. It can store up to 200 full length, single car, rail buses though! Tee hee. As long as the total weight is less than 12kg. Oops, sorry 26 an a arf pounds . Cheers Allen

MalcolmInN

Quote from: Nelevation on October 04, 2015, 08:52:29 AM
Yes, sorry about this. The system does need 500mm below and above the baseboard level to gain access to top and bottom tracks.
:thumbsup:
Unless we distinguish between the baseboard and THE Baseboard  :) >

If it's little baseboard sat upon a 500mm hill atop THE Baseboard ? fed by a very long incline or a helix ? the bottom 500mm  would unfortunately then be hidden inside the hill, but hey, cant have everything. Or of course the whole thing could be in the non-scenic fiddle area.
Thus the whole lot would be 0 to 1m above The Main Baseboard.
QED.

Now I'll retire to a darkened corner and have a panic attack over the thought of 200 railbuses  :laugh:
:laughabovepost:
Quote from: Nelevation on October 04, 2015, 09:06:55 AM
up to 200 full length, single car, rail buses though! Tee hee. As long as the total weight is less than 12kg. Oops, sorry 26 an a arf pounds .

G_N_E_R

Now I'll retire to a darkened corner and have a panic attack over the thought of 200 railbuses  :laugh:
:laughabovepost:
Quote from: Nelevation on October 04, 2015, 09:06:55 AM
up to 200 full length, single car, rail buses though! Tee hee. As long as the total weight is less than 12kg. Oops, sorry 26 an a arf pounds .
[/quote]

Took the words right out of my mouth!

MalcolmInN

Quote from: MalcolmAL on October 04, 2015, 12:36:28 PMfed by a very long incline or a helix ?
Afterthought :
or by a miniNelevation ! that takes just one train and moves it betwixt the 0 and 500mm levels.
QED2 !
I'll be round to collect my consultancy later  ;D
and 'scuse me quoting myself :)

Duh, thanks  But seriously - what am I missing - why can the exit level not be near the bottom ( for a 'stand above' elevator) or near the top ( for a 'hang below' one) ? - to Only Me.

MalcolmInN

Quote from: Only Me on October 04, 2015, 01:41:42 PM
Ah malc, if only you were sober .. ;)
He he!
Ummmm :) I've not (yet !) touched a drop :)
Ah that's the problem, I need a drink  :smiley-laughing:
Edit
Ok thanks I have struck out the silly bit !
I'll now go and chastise myself :) (in a darkened corner ! )

MalcolmInN

So, after unscrambling my brain cell,, I realise my error arose from being still wrapped up in the paternoster variation !
( when is the Mk2 paternoster variation to be released ? lol !)

But the mini elevator could (I think !!?) all be (mostly, apart from maybe a leaver or a pully) above baseboard cos that only needs to lift one track from 0 to 500mm ??
( or two of them side by side if close to the Nelevatior itself )

Nelevation

Ah malc, if only you were sober drunk .. ;)

Picture if you will ten levels each with a train in... For the level at the bottom to reach the top exit you would like, the other nine levels above would have to go somewhere first... Eg above the level you want to exit at the top!! Thus it wouldnt work, i dont understand the physicals but if you had a lid on the top above the exit you would crush the nine levels above before your bottom train could depart... Would become pretty expensive and possibly single use :D

He he!

You guys have beaten me. Mines a Wee glass of Rioja please. Lights off. Goodnight.

Nelevation

Quote from: Nelevation on October 04, 2015, 05:29:38 PM

Picture if you will ten levels each with a train in... For the level at the bottom to reach the top exit you would like, the other nine levels above would have to go somewhere first... Eg above the level you want to exit at the top!! Thus it wouldnt work, i dont understand the physicals but if you had a lid on the top above the exit you would crush the nine levels above before your bottom train could depart... Would become pretty expensive and possibly single use :D

He he!

You guys have beaten me. Mines a Wee glass of Rioja please. Lights off. Goodnight.

I've just had a really great idea chaps. If you bought loads and loads of track and loads of points and laid them out in parallel lanes on one plane. It would solve all problems and probably save the world from certain oblivion. Pass the wine!

Newportnobby

Quote from: Nelevation on October 04, 2015, 05:52:39 PM
Quote from: Nelevation on October 04, 2015, 05:29:38 PM

He he!

I've just had a really great idea chaps. If you bought loads and loads of track and loads of points and laid them out in parallel lanes on one plane. It would solve all problems and probably save the world from certain oblivion. Pass the wine!

With the amount of wine being consumed such an idea would have to be christened a Piddle Yard :laugh:

Mirrlees

Tim Hitch
NGS Display Stand Manager

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations