Taylor Plastic Models

Started by 37214, May 11, 2020, 08:53:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Back in the early 1990's, there wasn't that much choice of "modern" diesel locos commercially available which meant having to buy kits and modify commercial chassis to fit.

I bought one of these TPM Precision Models Class 60's and was given another by a friend who abandoned N-gauge to go into O-gauge. These required a modified Farish 52/55 chassis which were usually sourced secondhand from toy fairs for around £25. Neither of these models has been completed but they may see the light of day eventually. However, I now see that Farish/Bachmann now produce a RTR 60 so maybe I won't bother resurrecting these.

Does TPM still exist? All I could find on a Google search was from 2013 where Bernard Taylor announced that he was relocating and stopping trading for a short time, what happened next?

njee20

That was basically it, he never started again after a house move, I believe brought on by the destruction of some of the tooling. Some bits have found their way into others' ranges, notably the N Gauge Society have recently picked up some of the wagon kits. Someone on eBay was selling 442 conversion bits for a while, but that's dried up.

The Farish 60 is a great model though, with a revised DCC sound version due soon.

Mr Sprue

@37214

There are I think a few of us on the forum who speak with Bernard quite frequently, he moved from Forest Gate East London to Wales. He has now taken a step back but is still involved with a few people shall we say on a part time basis, helping and advising them on N gauge projects.

Thanks for the replies, I bought a fair bit of TPM stuff; inlays for coaches and detailing bits.

Pleased to hear that Bernard is ok.

Bob Tidbury

B H Enterprises are bringing out Bernie's range under the Xtpm brand .
BUT the problem is Ray gets a box from Bernie and untill he opens it he never knows whats inside and then there are only small amounts of the items .
Ray would like to get the whole range back in stock but that wont happen overnight as I said he has to rely on whatever Bernie sends him .
There will never be enough stock to put a list out and so the only way is to ring Ray on 01923 672809 and he will tell you if want you want is available .
I cant remember which item it was but there were some on the stand on the Saturday morning at T I N G S last year but by mid day most of it had gone so its literaly first come first served .At the moment I dont think its possible for you to order a particular item if Ray hasnt  got any in stock as HE CANT ORDER A PARTICULAR THING FROM Bernie .
Bob Tidbury

Please Support Us!
May Goal: £100.00
Due Date: May 31
Total Receipts: £10.67
Below Goal: £89.33
Site Currency: GBP
 11%
May Donations