N Gauge Streamlined GWR Railcar Kickstarter project with DJ Models

Started by Karhedron, August 26, 2014, 03:50:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

trkilliman

It's not something I would personally want but I'm sure there will be many people who will jump at the chance. I do really hope this is a success, as on the back of this more models could be announced. Wishing you the best of luck guys.

daveg

Got through and pledge made.

Wishing the project every success.  :thumbsup:

Dave G

Karhedron

Quote from: Ben A on August 26, 2014, 05:25:16 PM
Hey Matthew,

Good luck with this - seems like Kickstarter is becoming the way to go!

Hi Ben,

Yes, I certainly hope so. It remains to be seen if the British modellers are ready to embrace commission production but I am hopeful. The combination of an iconic prototype and a (fairly) reasonable price will help it to fly.

If this project succeeds, it could herald a new model (no pun intended) of manufacturing and open the door to many other possibilities.
Quote from: ScottyStitch on September 29, 2015, 11:28:46 AM
Well, that's just not good enough. Some fount of all knowledge you are!  :no:  ;)

trkilliman

If this project succeeds, it could herald a new model (no pun intended) of manufacturing and open the door to many other possibilities.

Matthew you have put it better than me..totally my feelings.

Adam1701D

Hi Matthew,

I really wish you good luck with this and look forward to seeing the project succeed. There must be a lot of GWR fans who would jump at the chance to have one of these iconic railcars on their layout.

When I update my links page, I'll include a plug on the ERG Website.
Best Regards,
Adam Warr
Peterborough, UK

Zakalwe

it's utterly out of region, era and type of railway i'm building but it's a gorgeous model so signing up.....

now to work out how to squeeze in a heritage railway / or consider a railtour for this :)
"I just think people overvalue argument because they like to hear themselves talk."

Karhedron

Quote from: Zakalwe on August 26, 2014, 09:49:52 PM
now to work out how to squeeze in a heritage railway / or consider a railtour for this :)

Well, No4 is preserved. It has not been out of the museum for a while but it probably could do a Railtour with the appropriate mechanical work. No need to stretch Rule #1 too far. ;)
Quote from: ScottyStitch on September 29, 2015, 11:28:46 AM
Well, that's just not good enough. Some fount of all knowledge you are!  :no:  ;)

ScottyStitch

Really pleased to see this project breaking cover, I think this should sell rather well. Wishing you all the best mate!

Now, anyone out there interested in running a similar project for an NBL 21/29? :laugh:  I'd take at least 4!!

Tank

alibuchan

I really wish that i could support this, as I would really really like one.

But due to my main period of modelling being 2000 WCML. My current, pretty much non-existant, budget is tied up in the penodlino project.

Hope that it goes well for you and im hoping that it does go well and a second run is done when I have some more money available.

Alistair

Ollie3440

Pledge made! Whilst one is not desperately needed for Sheaf, one would make a welcome addition :) Plus its GWR, it'd be rude not to get one :P

Cheers,

Ollie

:NGaugersRule:
Hi I'm Ollie, and I'm a addicted to buying MK1s......

My Previous Exhibition Layout - The Sheaf Valley Railway
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=24.0

My Current Exhibition Layout - Wenlock
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=23228.0

cycletrak9

I wish you well with the project - I am sure it will be a great success.

Unfortunately [as far as I can establish]  the railcars allocated to the Wye Valley branch all had the later Swindon built bodies. The usual  workhorse was W30W and I'll keep an eye on the second hand offerings - I might be able to pick up a GWR or Green version if I can't find an early BR.

Delfin

Quote from: cycletrak9 on August 29, 2014, 08:35:38 PM
Unfortunately [as far as I can establish]  the railcars allocated to the Wye Valley branch all had the later Swindon built bodies. The usual  workhorse was W30W and I'll keep an eye on the second hand offerings - I might be able to pick up a GWR or Green version if I can't find an early BR.

Hi Cycletrak9, get yourself one of these (W2W) and I will swap for a Farish Swindon built railcar.  It's sat on the layout in GWR livery.   ;)

Yours, wishfully thinking, Delfin

p.s. I have already pledged for one and will be reserving the GWR shirtbutton livery.  :)

cycletrak9

MinZaPint

Well I'm in and have my fingers crossed, should be a superb model  :thumbsup:
Cogito Sumere potum alterum

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations