Kernow Exclusive Farish Class 03 Isle of Wight NSE

Started by Woodenhead, March 19, 2022, 12:53:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr Sprue

Thanks for the heads up :thumbsup: Being an islander myself its must buy even though its not my era!  :-[

Buzzard

Doesn't have the lowered cab roof so not 100% accurate.

StufromEGDL

Hi Gang,

Well done to Kernow for wrong-footing us all and allowing us to predict a GWR Green 150.
Well played team Kernow.

Looks a great little mode, of which I have no use for.
But when has that ever stopped me??

Later,
Stu from EGVN
A selection of my pictures, real & model ARE NOW to be found at...
http://www.flickr.com/photos/swidnod/

I always find things in the last place I look. weird huh??

Skyline2uk

Sorely tempted...

But currently have my biggest ever pre-order list, and I gave into an eBay spurge last month....

Oh well, as I said elsewhere, first world problems!

Skyline2uk

Bigmac

Quote from: Mr Sprue on March 19, 2022, 01:11:31 PM
Thanks for the heads up :thumbsup: Being an islander myself its must buy even though its not my era!  :-[

you here on the IW ?
i used to be indecisive...but now i'm not so sure.

Mr Sprue

Quote from: Bigmac on March 19, 2022, 04:43:22 PM
Quote from: Mr Sprue on March 19, 2022, 01:11:31 PM

you here on the IW ?

Not any more, was born and lived in Lake and Sandown, but still visit every year as I have plenty of family who still live there. Would move back tomorrow if wasn't for family ties I have.

jpendle

Check out my layout thread.

Contemporary NW (Wigan Wallgate and North Western)

https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=39501.msg476247#msg476247

And my Automation Thread

https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=52597.msg687934#msg687934

Luke Piewalker

Izzy

All Zimo prices seem to be going up with the arrival of the new MS series sound decoders, but all the Bachmann badged Zimo's carry a price premium as well.

The price of this new version 03 plus the decoder makes the NGS Hunslet with it's included decoder look an absolute bargain doesn't it!

Roy L S

Quote from: Izzy on March 20, 2022, 07:50:39 AM
All Zimo prices seem to be going up with the arrival of the new MS series sound decoders, but all the Bachmann badged Zimo's carry a price premium as well.

The price of this new version 03 plus the decoder makes the NGS Hunslet with it's included decoder look an absolute bargain doesn't it!

It does Izzy, but a direct comparison of locos would be a bit unfair I suppose,  after all the Hunslet was exclusive to members and didn't have to make a profit for the NGS or an importer whereas the 03 or 04 need to include a margin for manufacturer, Bachmann Europe and retailers.

The price of the Bachmann chip is a bit eye watering though for sure even compared to the Zimo

Regards

Roy

Tank

I've had mine for about 6 years, by Mercig, so I'll pass on this one.   :)  Only photo I have to hand.....

Skyline2uk

First person I thought of Tank.

The second being Ian.

The third being any poor soul who had perviously asked Ian to do an 03 in toothpaste after seeing yours   >:D

Skyline2uk

Pete @ EGLM

Quote from: StufromEGDL on March 19, 2022, 01:54:47 PM
Hi Gang,

Well done to Kernow for wrong-footing us all and allowing us to predict a GWR Green 150.
Well played team Kernow.

Looks a great little mode, of which I have no use for.
But when has that ever stopped me??

Later,
Stu from EGVN
Maybe Kernow will get the hint and commission a GWR 150 or 57604...

Pete @EGLM

Please Support Us!
May Goal: £100.00
Due Date: May 31
Total Receipts: £10.67
Below Goal: £89.33
Site Currency: GBP
 11%
May Donations