Shunters Truck from Osbornes

Started by zwilnik, December 07, 2011, 03:32:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RST

I was going to mention the TMC one but from what I can tell the TMC one just looks like a conflat with (albeit) very neatly applied paint.  Not worth the extra money IMO though undoubtedly there's a small market for them.

daveg

I got one from TMC because quite frankly I didn't know better, even after making my usual 'check' by looking it up on wiki.  :dunce:

Dave G

ParkeNd

I looked at this thread because the OO gauge GWR shunting wagon looks like a good wagon to have. But the Osborns model looks squashed and featureless by comparison. More like an accurate model of what someone might lash up in the early stages of rescuing an old bit of abandoned railway line. SVR early founder members filmed themselves drifting downhill on such a vehicle.

MKP

Quote from: ParkeNd on January 10, 2014, 10:17:10 AM
squashed and featureless by comparison.

could be the angle of the picture

PLD

Quote from: RST on January 10, 2014, 02:18:32 AM
I was going to mention the TMC one but from what I can tell the TMC one just looks like a conflat
Which is EXACTLY what it is - which is good because that's just what many of the prototype runner trucks were! As I said yesterday a different type of wagon to the shunters truck from a different era for a different purpose... :hmmm:

Quote from: PLD on January 09, 2014, 11:16:48 PM
Strictly speaking those are BR 1960s-80s era 'runner' wagons as used in various locations with 03 and 04 loco because they were getting lost by track circuits due to their short wheelbase (and are simply conflats exactly as per the prototype) whereas the 'shunters truck' as per the Osbornes model is a GWR 1910s-40s vehicle intended for the shunter to ride on and carry his equipment.

EtchedPixels

Quote from: PLD on January 10, 2014, 06:05:39 PM
Quote from: RST on January 10, 2014, 02:18:32 AM
I was going to mention the TMC one but from what I can tell the TMC one just looks like a conflat
Which is EXACTLY what it is - which is good because that's just what many of the prototype runner trucks were!

Not quite the right conflat though - but if you care then N Brass do a conversion kit.
"Knowledge has no value or use for the solitary owner: to be enjoyed it must be communicated" -- Charles Pratt, 1st Earl Camden

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations