Tomix Track Cleaning Car...

Started by dude2112, January 10, 2014, 07:53:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dude2112

Hi all, apologies if this has been covered on here before but can I ask if these items are useable on our electrical supply as am only finding them available from the U.S.A and Japan....
Never Assume Anything......It makes An Ass out of U and Me.....

bluedepot

I have one, think it came from a shop in Germany, and it works fine here in the UK.  I'm happy with it.

Cheers,

Tim

brbluewill

just got one from japan and all is good :thumbsup: see thread in ebay section
Where our songs are challenged we shall sing them all the louder!!!!!

MKP

These are fine on UK power. Just make sure you have a loco strong enough to pull it and if you use the vacuum make sure your ballast is stuck down or you might find it in the cleaner

EtchedPixels

Quote from: dude2112 on January 10, 2014, 07:53:10 PM
Hi all, apologies if this has been covered on here before but can I ask if these items are useable on our electrical supply as am only finding them available from the U.S.A and Japan....

In general all N gauge models use the same 12v DC supply arrangement. The exception I know of being some of the Japanese 'micro' sized chassis and tiny trams that are 4.5v.  All the Kato and Tomix is 12v.

The only thing therefore that usually matters is controllers as they have a mains supply connection, and wireless devices (different certifications, channels)

"Knowledge has no value or use for the solitary owner: to be enjoyed it must be communicated" -- Charles Pratt, 1st Earl Camden

dude2112

;) Thanks for the answers guys, can you lot tell me if yours are DC or DCC ?
I am going straight for DCC control as with my '00' layout it cost me a fortune too switch too DCC in the end.....
Never Assume Anything......It makes An Ass out of U and Me.....

brbluewill

Where our songs are challenged we shall sing them all the louder!!!!!

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations