Lesson 1 - Tidy Things Up !!

Started by port perran, December 27, 2013, 07:33:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

port perran

So..........had about 10 wagons/carriages etc for Christmas.
Busy, getting them out of their boxes etc which (of course) I then left scattered on the floor. Tripped over trying to avoid the boxes (carrying a glass of red wine). Missed the boxes but red wine went all over the curtains and carpet(a full glass - large - never even had a sip) !!! It's surprising how far it travels.
Missed the railway and electrics though.
Bit of a mess everywhere else !!
I'll get round to fixing it drekkly me 'ansome.

Jack

No worries then Martin, you missed the railway stuff.  :laugh: Sounds like you might be going shopping for curtains and carpet or were they red in the first place?  :laugh:
Today's Experts were yesterday's Beginners :)

port perran

Cream carpet !!   Swabbed and washed. Waiting to see what it looks like when dry.
Blue/White striped curtains - in washing machine as I type.
I could have understood it if I'd drunk a glass or two but it was the first one of the day !!

ozzie Bill.

Should have been drinking beer or white wine at that time of day! Much less obvious  :D. Bill.

Newportnobby

Hope your soft furnishings have survived the deluge :o
Some say if you spill red wine to put some white wine on it to counteract the red, while others say to put some salt on the red wine to soak it up and then vacuum up the salt.
Haven't tried either, though, generally because my gob is too big to miss ;D

petercharlesfagg

If anyone else has the misfortune to suffer the same?

COPIOUS amounts of clean water.

Easier to dry or clean VERY dilute Red wine!

Each can do but little, BUT if each did that little, ALL would be done!

Life is like a new sewer pipe, what you get out of it depends on what you put into it!

A day without laughter is a day wasted!

Luke Piewalker

I shall tell you my tale of Yuletide disaster when I am back at my proper computer and can give it the flowery build up it deserves...  :dunce:

port perran

Curtains are now fine and carpet (which is quite old anyway) is passable. Shall be VERY careful in future.

MinZaPint

Quote from: port perran on December 27, 2013, 07:46:50 PM
I could have understood it if I'd drunk a glass or two but it was the first one of the day !!

Lesson to be learned, never undertake important tasks when sober!  :beers:  :D
Cogito Sumere potum alterum

Chris in Prague

Quote from: port perran on December 27, 2013, 07:33:35 PM
So..........had about 10 wagons/carriages etc for Christmas.
Busy, getting them out of their boxes etc which (of course) I then left scattered on the floor. Tripped over trying to avoid the boxes (carrying a glass of red wine). Missed the boxes but red wine went all over the curtains and carpet(a full glass - large - never even had a sip) !!! It's surprising how far it travels.
Missed the railway and electrics though.
Bit of a mess everywhere else !!

At least the models were undamaged! What rolling stock did you get?

petercharlesfagg

Just an addendum for others who imbibe the Red wine.

Spills are best tackled immediately with common salt.

My wife told me to tell you!

Peter.

Life is like a new sewer pipe, what you get out of it depends on what you put into it!

Agrippa

Most of these mishaps appear to be booze related ! On Boxing Day I was having a few bottles of Spitfire when the phone rang, I got up to answer it and tripped over the dog at my feet (looking after the beast for a relative). Caught the bit above my knee on a large
plastic storage box I should have put away. ******  sore ! Brought tears to my eyes,
not so much the pain as losing 1/2 glass of beer.

Nothing is certain but death and taxes -Benjamin Franklin

petercharlesfagg

Quote from: Agrippa on January 03, 2014, 07:06:00 PM
Most of these mishaps appear to be booze related ! On Boxing Day I was having a few bottles of Spitfire when the phone rang, I got up to answer it and tripped over the dog at my feet (looking after the beast for a relative). Caught the bit above my knee on a large
plastic storage box I should have put away. ******  sore ! Brought tears to my eyes,
not so much the pain as losing 1/2 glass of beer.

Terrible waste of Spitfire.

Erm how's the knee?

Agrippa

Knee still giving me gyp, at least the beer on the carpet is like a sort of shampoo,
moral of the story - PUT THINGS AWAY!
Nothing is certain but death and taxes -Benjamin Franklin

port perran

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations