So........What did you get ?

Started by port perran, December 25, 2013, 04:01:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CarriageShed

Quote from: Gooner1953 on December 26, 2013, 01:43:26 PM
My wife also got me Mike King's Illustrated History of Southern Pull-Push Stock which is the companion volume to his excellent Illustrated History of Southern Coaches.

Definitely jealous. :envy:

Jerry Howlett

Quote from: whiteswan on December 26, 2013, 08:49:09 AM
Nothing  :'(  :'(  :'(  Was banking on at least one of my pre-orders being available and sent before Christmas.
Likewise..
You must have the same postman as we do. No wonder he hasn't delivered anything since the 19th.
Some days its just not worth gnawing through the straps.

ajc

I received a Graham Farish 372-627 Ivatt Class 2MT 2-6-0 6404 LMS Black together with a 374-885 LMS Full Brake Crimson Lake for LMS / SR layout and a Kato Pocket Line 10-502-2 Mini Convex Blue Freight Train for my Kato Unitram layout. I also received the book 'Unusual Railway Pubs, Refreshment Rooms and Ale Trains by Bob Barton, 81 locations to visit most of them licensed with real ales including the following visited already Bridgnorth, Crianlarich, Horsted Keynes, Kidderminster, Porthmadog, Stalybridge and Wainfleet just another 74 to go!

scotsoft

Quote from: ajc on December 26, 2013, 03:29:40 PM
a Kato Pocket Line 10-502-2 Mini Convex Blue Freight Train for my Kato Unitram layout.

I would be interested in your opinion of this small loco as I have been considering it as a future purchase  :hmmm:

cheers John.

Cooper

I got a Farish long wheelbase Railfreight Van and Graham Hedges book on N Gauge Modelling as well as a few other Railway books. However, Callum my son was lucky enough to get 2x Class 20's, 8x SPAs and an HAA  ;) (along with some 16mm wagon kits also). Think we did alright all told!  :D Not had chance to take a picture yet though...

Sprintex

No trains here, not surprising as I don't actually need any :D

However, got an excellent 8-DVD box set:-

... an HST DVD  :heart2:

... and this handy little pocket-book

which despite obviously knowing the one on the front cover ;) will be most useful. I'm not afraid to admit that away from the ECML I know very little about locos, and even less about Multiple Units, so should be a good read :)

Away from trains other notable presents included this DVD:-

... awesome machine, been on it when it was in service, and look forward to seeing behind-the-scenes workings and the cockpit 8) Finally, being a fan of fine Scotch Malt, I got this:-

Aberlour A'bunadh Batch 45 - matured in Oloroso Sherry butts and bottled at cask strength of 60.2%. As you can see it's already been "sampled" - very rich, smooth and err, strong! *hic* :confused1:

Paul

port perran

Now you're talking.
Single malts are another passion of mine !
I'll get round to fixing it drekkly me 'ansome.

Croxy

A Warship class Druid......

GF Shaka Salt plank wagon, GF OAA BR Railfreight Open Plank Wagon, GF 20 Ton Brake Van and a couple of Metcalfe kits.....

:beers:
If you like it run it......

pape_timmo

Dapol Class 156 in Central Trains livery, ales, railway DVD box set, notebook to keep in the car....

Happy boy.  :)

Cheers, Timmo
There's the right way, the wrong way, and the Railway...

My YouTube channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxeUUCqEw_rWo229kmnizFQ

willintas

Quote from: ozzie Bill. on December 25, 2013, 07:31:31 PM
Courtesy of Bart (1936 Ace) I got 4 green carriages, a Jinty and a GWR pannier, which my wife duly gave me on The Day. Also got 3 sets of signals, form a company in Tasmania called Hand made - 2 dwarf for the yards and 1 home and away. Also got 2 books on country lines and stations in Victoria so overall a very happy lad.
Hope you all have a terrific Christmas and that the awful weather improves for you. Cheers, Bill.
I have seen some of their products-look pretty good indeed.

Pengi

A Harder and Steenbeck infinity airbrush with 0.2 and 0.4 mm needles. Complete surprise  :goggleeyes: - thought is was going to be a necklace from the size and shape of the parcel.
Just one Pendolino, give it to me, a beautiful train, from Italy

davieb

Quote from: Pengi on December 27, 2013, 07:47:45 AM
A Harder and Steenbeck infinity airbrush with 0.2 and 0.4 mm needles. Complete surprise  :goggleeyes: - thought is was going to be a necklace from the size and shape of the parcel.

:envy: :envy:

Could you please let me know how you get on with it  :thumbsup:
Maybe you could do a  mini-review of it  :hmmm:
No rush though

dave  :thumbsup:

ParkeNd

I wonder if that alien in the Argos advert was pleased when he unwrapped the present he was wishing "let it be a laptop, let it be a laptop" ?

Shaun Harvey

I got a cl 01dmu in blue and grey. Yeh. Just got to chip it now!

grumbeast

We'll I did very very well, the missus got me Western Legionairre!  And between her and my six yr old I got two maroon collets and two grafar maroon mk1 s!

I'm very happy, although I've been too sick with a lousy flu since Monday to enjoy or try them out..

Graham

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations