Kernow Exclusive - Adams Class O2 0-4-4T Loco

Started by CarriageShed, December 16, 2013, 09:50:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CarriageShed

Has anyone noticed that Kernow Model Rail Centre are producing an Adams Class O2 0-4-4T in the 'other' gauge? They have CAD photos on their Facebook page here:

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Kernow-Model-Rail-Centre/207521425956079

Apparently, if we can find 6,000 N Gauge modellers who'd buy one, they'll do an N version as well. So hands up if you want one. I'm No 1, so I need to see another 5,999 hands.  :D

Dorsetmike

Cheers MIKE
[smg id=6583]

How many roads must a man walk down ... ... ... ... ... before he knows he's lost!

Adam1701D

They have also comissioned LSWR Gate Stock as well, Mike.

DJM Models have taken over the 4mm work from Dapol, so who knows...?
Best Regards,
Adam Warr
Peterborough, UK

Dorsetmike

Quote from: captainelectra on December 16, 2013, 10:33:29 AM
They have also comissioned LSWR Gate Stock as well, Mike.

That was all further west than me,so not worried about that, got enough else on me plate!
Cheers MIKE
[smg id=6583]

How many roads must a man walk down ... ... ... ... ... before he knows he's lost!

CarriageShed

I'd be happy to squeeze in a set of gated stock, even if it's slightly non-prototypical. I could always claim that they got rerouted temporarily.

As it is, I think we've got our work cut out finding 5,998 more people who'd like the loco.

Tank

Quote from: Pete33 on December 16, 2013, 09:50:25 AM
Apparently, if we can find 6,000 N Gauge modellers who'd buy one, they'll do an N version as well.

Wow! :worried:  That's a VERY high number.  Impossible I'd say. :(

Michael Hendle

:hellosign:

I think you would be hard pressed to even get a 1000 people interested,5000 is way out of reach,mind you if they did make a N Gauge  version I would definitely get one  and the gated stock to go with it

Mike  :A1Tornado:

CarriageShed

Quote from: Michael Hendle on December 16, 2013, 03:23:22 PM
:hellosign:

I think you would be hard pressed to even get a 1000 people interested,5000 is way out of reach,mind you if they did make a N Gauge  version I would definitely get one  and the gated stock to go with it

Mike  :A1Tornado:

It really is a high number, but I guess we'll never know if we don't try. If anyone is also on one of the other (obviously lesser ;) ) forums, perhaps you could spread the word. If we can get everyone who's interested to post on Kernow's Facebook page then it might impress them enough to commission the loco with much less than the required number, knowing that they might be able to make up the rest of the sales though normal publicity.

Along with Mike, Mike, and me, that's at least three or four locos so far...

MinZaPint

Add me to the list  :thumbsup: would have liked the Beattie Well tank as well!
Cogito Sumere potum alterum

Woolleysh33p

CarriageShed

Go and post them a comment or two. The more voices the better. We'll show them some N-Power!

:thumbsup:

Karhedron

Comment duly added. I am mainly a GWR man at heart but I have soft spot for the southern too. I model the south west so it is not too much of a stretch to make room for the odd SR train sharing wesern rails.
Quote from: ScottyStitch on September 29, 2015, 11:28:46 AM
Well, that's just not good enough. Some fount of all knowledge you are!  :no:  ;)

Ollie3440

I wouldn't say no to a model of the preserved example :)

Ollie

:NGaugersRule:
Hi I'm Ollie, and I'm a addicted to buying MK1s......

My Previous Exhibition Layout - The Sheaf Valley Railway
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=24.0

My Current Exhibition Layout - Wenlock
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=23228.0

CarriageShed

I think we might still be a small army short of the target. There's probably still time to spread the word, though.

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations