what are people doing on their layout right now

Started by B1 61126, August 16, 2011, 07:59:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

exmouthcraig

Populating a rake of 40 cattle wagons with some quality 'Made in China' cattle.

Clinically insane???   :confused1:   :worried:  :o  :hmmm:

Bealman

Quote from: ntpntpntp on August 01, 2019, 12:38:52 AM

Taken a week's holiday to get some time in on the layout  :D  It's time to build the control panel for my loco depot modules, so today I've marked out and drilled out the panel to take the traverser and turntable controls and point switches  (section switches still on order).  Lined out the diagram this evening with pinstripe tape, stuff I've used since the 90s for this job (and indeed this tape probably dates from then!)

Looks suspiciously like a Fleischmann turntable!?
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

ntpntpntp

Quote from: Bealman on August 04, 2019, 10:19:32 AM
Quote from: ntpntpntp on August 01, 2019, 12:38:52 AM

Taken a week's holiday to get some time in on the layout  :D  It's time to build the control panel for my loco depot modules, so today I've marked out and drilled out the panel to take the traverser and turntable controls and point switches  (section switches still on order).  Lined out the diagram this evening with pinstripe tape, stuff I've used since the 90s for this job (and indeed this tape probably dates from then!)

Looks suspiciously like a Fleischmann turntable!?
Yes, it is indeed. Excellent bit of kit.  The traverser is the old Brawa unit from the 80s/90s.

Point wiring all done and working, so today I continue with section switch wiring....

Nick.   2021 celebrating the 25th anniversary of "Königshafen" exhibition layout!
https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=50050.0

Bealman

Cool. I'm a DC dinosaur but I'm comfortable with it.

I actually understand and enjoy the wiring!  :worried: ;) :beers:
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

chrism

Today I am mostly alternating between;

1) testing Torver - OK, playing on Torver ;)
2) sorting track plans for the Club's planned models of the Lakeside Branch in Cumbria now that I've found a source of half decent copies of suitable maps.
3) getting more of the signals on Coniston flapping down and up in response to me moving a switch. Three done now, each with a switched track section to prevent SPADs, and five more to do - which will be more tricky since they are co-located on only two posts with only a train's clearance width between the two posts.
4) going out to the garden to pick things - especially the runner beans which, having now started producing, seem to produce even more as soon as I stop picking, or even looking at, them.

exmouthcraig

After the success of fitting 300 cows into my cattle wagons they are now ready to run to market.

Today's stress free day brings the renumbering of 3 M7 tanks, 7 N class Woolworths and 4 MN Pacifics.

I cant think what will possibly go wrong  :hmmm:

talisman56

Quote from: exmouthcraig on August 06, 2019, 11:35:09 AM
After the success of fitting 300 cows into my cattle wagons they are now ready to run to market.

Today's stress free day brings the renumbering of 3 M7 tanks, 7 N class Woolworths and 4 MN Pacifics.

I cant think what will possibly go wrong  :hmmm:

Different numbers on t'other side? :)
Quando omni flunkus moritati

My layout thread - Hambleside East: http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=18364.0
My workbench thread: http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=19037

exmouthcraig

3x M7 Renumbered and headcode discs, 1 got real coal
1x Pannier Tank Renumbered and headcode discs, real coal added
5x N class Moguls Renumbered and headcode discs, 2 got weathered and loco crew, 1 got real coal and fire irons.

Let's see what a spare few hours today can get done

crewearpley40

Very realistic and will look good in your fleet

exmouthcraig

Thanks Chris, most Merchant Navies have been sorted but 2 of the 9 to finish. 1 WC/BoB to rename and number then all 10 are sorted,  3 more Moguls to do, 3 kit builds to start, 4 class 4MTT to renumber, 2 Q1 to do, 5 class 2 Ivatts and after @Newportnobby  brought it to my attention a long time ago 2 Schools will be appearing! So a few days of work to get done but then the loco fleet should be ready to hit the shed!! 

crewearpley40

Plenty to do then? For me reconstructing reorganising after previous board damaged during by contractor during work at home, new trestle. Then rebuild. Rewire. Locos should look when completed craig

chrism

Quote from: exmouthcraig on August 07, 2019, 07:02:32 AM
Thanks Chris, most Merchant Navies have been sorted but 2 of the 9 to finish. 1 WC/BoB to rename and number then all 10 are sorted,  3 more Moguls to do, 3 kit builds to start, 4 class 4MTT to renumber, 2 Q1 to do, 5 class 2 Ivatts and after @Newportnobby  brought it to my attention a long time ago 2 Schools will be appearing! So a few days of work to get done but then the loco fleet should be ready to hit the shed!!

That's going to be some shed  :thumbsup:

Me? I'm trying to work out if I can get cranked actuating rods for three signals on a single 3-doll post down through the baseboard, moving the arms satisfactorily and fanned out sufficiently underneath to be able to squeeze the solenoids in under there. It's gonna be a tight fit.

crewearpley40

G6od luck with those cranked actuating rods for those signal dolls chris

chrism

Quote from: crewearpley40 on August 07, 2019, 08:00:56 AM
G6od luck with those cranked actuating rods for those signal dolls chris

Thanks, I think I'll need it  ;)

To "tune" my eyes into fiddly, I decided to finally assemble and paint a couple of 1930s Reliant 3-wheeler pick-ups that I bought a while ago. I think in future I'll pay the extra and buy things like that ready painted  :hmmm:

exmouthcraig

Quote from: chrism on August 07, 2019, 07:56:09 AM
Quote from: exmouthcraig on August 07, 2019, 07:02:32 AM

That's going to be some shed  :thumbsup:

Me? I'm trying to work out if I can get cranked actuating rods for three signals on a single 3-doll post down through the baseboard, moving the arms satisfactorily and fanned out sufficiently underneath to be able to squeeze the solenoids in under there. It's gonna be a tight fit.

Your a cleverer man then me Sir  :thumbsup:

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £77.34
Below Goal: £22.66
Site Currency: GBP
77% 
March Donations