Visit

Started by Bob Tidbury, November 11, 2019, 09:40:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob Tidbury

:thankyousign: To DarrwestLU6 for picking Crewearpley40 up and bringing him over for a running session on my layout ,It didn't workout quite how I planned ,
I was going to let Darren and Chris work the main lines while I operated the branch BUT the cameras were not working and you need all three so you can see where the train has got to .After checking the plugs and wires I was about to give up when `Chris noticed a power supply transformer was not pushed in tight ,he pushed it into the socket and low and behold the monitor lit  up and the branch was up and running .
I felt so silly ,next time I have a problem I will start at the power supply .
Bob Tidbury

crewearpley40

No worries bob. That is what friends are there for. To fix power issues, potential derailments, fix wiring, couplings  and do jobs we need or may need help with. The beauty of being a forum member

snitchthebudgie

We've all done it, Bob.  I think the technical term is an 'air gap'.....

Bob Tidbury

Well at least Darren can now  haul stock  with his Black Five after I fitted a new coupling for him .So he went away happy .
Bob Tidbury

crewearpley40

Until next time bob. Maybe a proper running session and marking off plugs sockets branch line connections. Thanks for having us and good to see you. Always good to share skills ideas over a bit of cake

The Q

Having driven a 400 mile round trip and stayed overnight to fix an equipment . To find out, when I got there, someone in the team of electronic engineers had leant on the red panic button on the wall. You have nothing to to think you are silly about..

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations