The Great Model Railway Challenge - Series 2

Started by ScottishModeller, November 05, 2018, 07:45:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ScottishModeller

Quote from: Only Me on November 06, 2018, 09:32:26 PM
There is an n gaue camera in proper hd available its built by a proper company and it is in a bogey wagon with a big lens on the front.

@Ben A had a review sample a couple of years ago, not to be confused with the rubbish available on ebay..
Hi Only Me,

Thanks - that is exactly why I asked the question - I will look further and see what else I find.

I will also ask Ben if he has one and if it can be borrowed!

Thanks
Thanks
Phil Holman

ScottishModeller

Quote from: Bealman on November 05, 2018, 11:55:58 PM
Count me in if Channel 5 pays me airline ticket  ;D ;)
OK - did ask.....

The answer is no. But if you get to the UK then they would cover the expenses of getting to the venue as a team member and pay accomodation.....
Thanks
Phil Holman

ScottishModeller

Quote from: Michael Shillabeer on November 06, 2018, 08:53:34 AM
Hello

I emailed them on Friday after the show asked for applications for series 2.

I'd be happy to join an NGF team :)

I'm happy working in any scale - currently building O Gauge rolling stock...

Cheers
Michael
Hi Michael,

I made a succesful pre-emptive strike.....

Once things get firmed up - then we can see what/who is possible.

Knowing your modelling I'd be delighted if you were to take part!
Thanks
Phil Holman

Bealman

Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

ScottishModeller

Quote from: Bealman on November 06, 2018, 09:40:44 PM
Thanks for trying!  :beers:
It costs nothing to ask...

They were interested in the fact that someone might come from so far away to take part.

But not so interested when I said it would need the airfare covered!
Thanks
Phil Holman

Lawrence

If there were to be an n gauge forum team, I wish someone luck trying to choose the members  :o
Having said that, the team would require an enigmatic captain who has excellent wide ranging modelling skills, someone who is at the foundation of the forum, I think there is only one candidate, step forward @Tank

Now all he needs is a top track layer/wirer, an electronics/animation genius, a scenic guru and someone to make the tea/general modeller.

All kitted out in forum tea shirts with Going Large on the back as the team actually builds a OO layout and whips the big boys.

Tank

Crikey Lawrence, I don't think I'm that good!   ;D  I appreciate the praise though.  :thumbsup:  I think my model making days are over, thanks to the time I spend on this forum!!! :o :D

honestjudge

Hi All,   I was in a dialogue with Daniella (part of the production crew) before this series was made, and she was told that our club were an N gauge club and thats all we were interested in building with. She went back and checked with her boss who gave us the all clear to apply. It seemed that they were willing to consider it back then, maybe if they didn't get enough oo entries?
My club members backed out dramatically when it looked like we could possibly get selected  :worried: so it became history.

But a forum team would be a great idea.... :hmmm:

jacowin80

Quote from: Lawrence on November 07, 2018, 07:08:00 PM
If there were to be an n gauge forum team, I wish someone luck trying to choose the members  :o
Having said that, the team would require an enigmatic captain who has excellent wide ranging modelling skills, someone who is at the foundation of the forum, I think there is only one candidate, step forward @Tank

Now all he needs is a top track layer/wirer, an electronics/animation genius, a scenic guru and someone to make the tea/general modeller.

All kitted out in forum tea shirts with Going Large on the back as the team actually builds a OO layout and whips the big boys.

I would be up for the role of 'Tea Maker' or happy to make up numbers, would all depend on when the event would be held etc but would be happy to help if needed.  I'm not an expert but would do what I was told and keen to learn from some of the pros on this here forum!

themadhippy

QuoteNow all he needs is a top track wirer, electronics/animation genius
sounds like a job for @Newportnobby  :D
freedom of speech is but a  fallacy.it dosnt exist here

weave

Hi all,

Sounds like a fantastic idea. I won't volunteer myself as am pretty crap and very slow.

Also, I'd be suggesting DC Kato Unitrack with a teetotal expert airbrusher so we could have all the track down and wired by 11 am on day 1 and leave him/her to make it look prettier while the rest us have a boozy lunch  :)  :no:.

Seriously, hope this goes ahead, it would be great to see.

Cheers weave  :beers:

Buffin

Would they let you have the same size baseboard as the 00 lot?

Bealman

Actually, if they do an N gauge programme, Kato track would be an excellent idea for tracklayng in a hurry!
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

ScottishModeller

Hi all,

Thanks for the interest shown - so far!

To answer a couple of questions...

It's a bit early to say much as the actual rules for Series 2 are still under discussion

There will not be a separate GMRC competition for N Gauge layouts

The rules for the N Gauge entry will be the same as for all other entries.

I've had to submit a proposal to the same casting email address as everyone else - no preferential treatment.

I had to decide on a name for the entry - 'The N'gineers' was the name I preffered to use.

Nothing much else I can say until a few things happen.

1 - The Rules are fixed and circulated and the themes decided

2 - The Venue and Dates are announced

3 - The proposed entry is confirned as participating.

So - time to dream. thinks of a few things to incorporate on a potential layout entry.

Thanks
Thanks
Phil Holman

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £77.34
Below Goal: £22.66
Site Currency: GBP
77% 
March Donations