Graham Farish New Product Announcement - 2018 Full List

Started by guest2, January 07, 2018, 11:40:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cazadoom

Can we change the name of this thread to "lets all Moan about prices and what they have and haven't done"

just sat and read the whole thread again,

If it wasn't for company's like Farish, Dapol, Revolution, union mills and the likes we wouldn't have anything!

I know not everyone can afford it, yes prices are rising but its happening to everything! Take the humble Freddo for example! it was 10p not that long ago! 

scottishlocos

All

I am the only one disappointed there is no class 37 re-livery or sound version i am wondering why and surely one of the model shops will be doing a LTD Edition in 2018

In addition collectors club i think is 37099 Colas in OO will this see the shrink ray

Also anybody know why the have the chassis but still no OTA wagon that's no new modern wagons for 2 years if Farish don't do it nobody will as unlikely Revolution or DJM or Dapol will touch it as Farish already have the tooling for chassis and could torpedo any other model

Dave

davidinyork

Plus two more 37s in sets - 370-048 and 370-375, both large logo blue.

njee20

And no, no one knows why they've not produced certain items. You'd have to ask one of a select number of people at Bachmann why that is.

@cazadoom I think this is a really interesting thread, negligible moaning and some really interesting debate. Great contribution though!

Newportnobby

I don't have the know-how to split a thread but have asked someone in the know to try, although it's going to be difficult to sort it out. The pricing aspects are way off the original topic and needs its own thread but such a subject is being conducted in a polite manner so thank you all for that (I was starting to get twitchy at one point)

njee20

Just leave it. Trying to split it will just leave 2 confusing threads missing context. Please, just leave as is. The relevant info is still in the OP for anyone who stumbles on it.

emjaybee

Quote from: njee20 on January 09, 2018, 11:18:50 PM
Just leave it. Trying to split it will just leave 2 confusing threads missing context. Please, just leave as is. The relevant info is still in the OP for anyone who stumbles on it.

+1

It'll run out of steam soon (no pun intended).
Brookline build thread:

https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=50207.msg652736#msg652736

Sometimes you bite the dog...

...sometimes the dog bites you!

----------------------------------------------------------

I can explain it to you...

...but I can't understand it for you.

Ben A

Quote from: scottishlocos on January 09, 2018, 08:58:41 PM
Also anybody know why the have the chassis but still no OTA wagon that's no new modern wagons for 2 years if Farish don't do it nobody will as unlikely Revolution or DJM or Dapol will touch it as Farish already have the tooling for chassis and could torpedo any other model

Dave

Hi Dave,

I am not privy to the inner discussions at Bachmann, but given that there are no newly tooled wagons this year, and only the TEA as a newly tooled item in last year's catalogue, it does appear that a strategic decision has been taken to focus away from wagons.

I suspect this is both to concentrate their resources on high margin items like locos, and also because increasing labour costs have left many wagons - such as the Pressflos and Seacows - impossible to produce at a price Bachmann feel the market will bear.

Cheers

Ben A.

railsquid

Quote from: njee20 on January 09, 2018, 04:27:41 PM
Agreed - hence my parallel with the Dapol 86. People were paying >£150 for Swallow models whilst other liveries were going for £50 - you could have repainted one and 'saved' money. Weird.
That's assuming you have the time, the skills and the tools to perform such a repaint.

emjaybee

Quote from: railsquid on January 10, 2018, 12:47:26 AM
Agreed - hence my parallel with the Dapol 86. People were paying >£150 for Swallow models whilst other liveries were going for £50 - you could have repainted one and 'saved' money. Weird.
That's assuming you have the time, the skills and the tools to perform such a repaint.

That's what I've been doing with Jubilee's. Buy them for £55 - £65 on FleaBay, get them repainted in desired livery.
Brookline build thread:

https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=50207.msg652736#msg652736

Sometimes you bite the dog...

...sometimes the dog bites you!

----------------------------------------------------------

I can explain it to you...

...but I can't understand it for you.

njee20

I meant paying someone else.

railsquid

Quote from: njee20 on January 10, 2018, 05:59:58 AM

I meant paying someone else.

Ah OK, never occurred to me that might be an option, is it really doable for less than £100?

trkilliman

Ben A commented about wagons may have become expensive to produce at a price they can sell enough of them at, or words to that effect.

This could well be the case, and is why I feel that the NGS could/should aim to capitalise on the situation with their value for money society members kits. Bulk purchases of them are surely popular when you want a rake of similar wagons. It doesn't take the purchase of many members kits to easily re-coup your membership fee.

There will of course always be those who can pay whatever manufacturers ask, but with the current economic situation I imagine increasingly more will have decided not to buy, or buy less.

So yes Ben, Farish/Bachmann have likely looked at their sales figures and pulled back from wagons for a while.

WesternKing

Absolutely nothing at all to interest me for another whole year! The class 31's were only re-tooled 3 years ago so why the need to do them again so soon when the class 25/3 hasn't been re-tooled for 30 years? And if they are re-tooling the class 31's why aren't they doing a disc headcode (skinhead) version? I was also hoping for a disc headcode class 40 in BR blue but no sign of that either or a class 24/1, so easy to produce as only the front ends need some altering, a new DMU would have been nice too, it's 10 years since they produced the class 108 Derby & 7 years since they re-tooled the class 101 Metro-Cammell's, how about a class 105 Craven's? No point in e-mailing Bachmann as they wont answer questions on new product suggestions so we wait & wait & wait until we die! :-/

davidinyork

Quote from: WesternKing on January 10, 2018, 09:06:22 AM
Absolutely nothing at all to interest me for another whole year! The class 31's were only re-tooled 3 years ago so why the need to do them again so soon when the class 25/3 hasn't been re-tooled for 30 years? And if they are re-tooling the class 31's why aren't they doing a disc headcode (skinhead) version?
Becaue they aren't actually re-tooling them, clearly! They are simply modifying the design to take Next-18 and a speaker. Dapol have said they are going to do the same with their models over time.

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations