Graham Farish New Product Announcement - 2018 Full List

Started by guest2, January 07, 2018, 11:40:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GrahamB

My credit card just breathed a sigh of relief. Nothing for me to see here.
Tonbridge MRC Member.
My Southwark Bridge thread can be found at https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=38683.0
My Southwark Bridge website can be found at https://southwarkbridge.wixsite.com/ngauge

tutenkhamunsleeping

Quote from: Carmont on January 07, 2018, 01:36:03 PM
Indeed, I should have clarified in the way that Bob G has. The 101 hasn't been available for a long time as a three-car (I have one, 371-512, but paid a price reflective of it's rarity).

How things change. I have a reasonable fleet of 3 car 101s from when Hattons were knocking them out at "Multiple Units Don't Sell" prices, much as the 350s can be had now. 8)

Personally, I don't think you can have too many :thumbsup:

G_N_E_R

I'm surprised there is no dynamic lines 158, maybe a central trains, arriva and GWR one will come next year. Besides a RR 158 my money will be going to another Dapol HST this year if they ever release those! The DCC Sound fitted trainset is interesting, it might do very well but at £800 its really only a Christmas present for the former modeler from the rather wealthy family. I'd have thought at around half the price a sound jinty or 08 with a couple of coaches/wagons would be a better way to approach a DCC sound starter set but we shall see!

Roy L S

Quote from: G_N_E_R on January 07, 2018, 01:56:13 PM
I'm surprised there is no dynamic lines 158, maybe a central trains, arriva and GWR one will come next year. Besides a RR 158 my money will be going to another Dapol HST this year if they ever release those! The DCC Sound fitted trainset is interesting, it might do very well but at £800 its really only a Christmas present for the former modeler from the rather wealthy family. I'd have thought at around half the price a sound jinty or 08 with a couple of coaches/wagons would be a better way to approach a DCC sound starter set but we shall see!

Can you point me to the price list, I may be being a bit dim but I can't find it.

Thanks

Roy

ASFC

Quote from: Roy L S on January 07, 2018, 02:08:24 PM
Quote from: G_N_E_R on January 07, 2018, 01:56:13 PM

Can you point me to the price list, I may be being a bit dim but I can't find it.

Thanks

Roy

The sound fitted trainset is in 00, as Hattons list it for £800 it would suggest the RRP is slightly more.

jpendle

Cl158, good choice, but where are all the modern liveries?
Mr Warr, you're on point !!!

Again no new Cl150 liveries!!!

Cl350 in TPE is a must have for me.

Regards,

John P
Check out my layout thread.

Contemporary NW (Wigan Wallgate and North Western)

https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=39501.msg476247#msg476247

And my Automation Thread

https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=52597.msg687934#msg687934

Intercity

Already seeing that I will be doing overtime this year, class 31s and long range 47s will be keeping the postman busy, no retooled electric locomotives, the class 90 really needs doing, but apparently they don't sell (that why the shelves are full of 87s and 90s still.........sarcasm)

davidinyork

Scotrail livery seems a strange choice for one of the wo 158s - this was the livery they did most recently on the old tooling. There are a number of liveries (e.g. the current Arriva Wales, the new Northern livery) which haven't been done at all yet so would seem more obvious choices.

Portpatrick

I already have a fleet of 158s in 3 varied Scottish liveries for Allanbrae, not to mention 2 versions each of a 170 and 156.  The Barbie 158 is a Vinyl - albeit not one of Adam's.  So  sadly No call for any of this.  But where are the Thompson coaches already promised?

Meanwhile for my various multi period Scottish scenes, I have a Clayton on order from DJM and a 320 in Saltire from Revolution, hoping they garner enough support.

njee20

Quote from: nobby on January 07, 2018, 11:59:40 AM
Interested in the 350 in TPE livery which one though ? early or later

It's the new grey livery I understand. £230 though. Could have 3 LM ones and some vinyls!

nobby

hi njee20

thanks for that,  make sense but at £230 i better start saving or i just do like you say ,might even get the swt one when its in the bargain bin.

ChrisWV10

I hope the 158 & 170 are going to be DCC ready. Are the existing proposed 31s & 170s still going ahead or do these announcements replace the non appearance of last years announced models I wonder  :hmmm:

Glad I snaffled an original BP. 180 quid well spent  :thumbsup:

800 quid for a train Set?!  :o  I could easily be swayed more towards continental models. Minitrix and Fleischmann offerings are looking very attractive right now, or even convert to HO  :help: yes Märklin and Trix are expensive but they exude quality.

Think I need to lie down...

portland-docks

Quote from: ChrisWV10 on January 07, 2018, 04:23:56 PM
I hope the 158 & 170 are going to be DCC ready. Are the existing proposed 31s & 170s still going ahead or do these announcements replace the non appearance of last years announced models I wonder  :hmmm:

i imagine with them being new tooling, they will be dcc ready with next8 decoder sockets in.

how easy they are to fit sound in is another question!
Visit my heritage Railway "moorside Valley Railway"

http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=9280.0

see first post for exhibition dates

davidinyork

Quote from: ChrisWV10 on January 07, 2018, 04:23:56 PM

The 158s are a new tooling, so sure to be DCC ready - probably Next18 with a speaker included as that seems to be the way Bachmannis going.

The 170s look to be a re-run of the existing model, so probably not DCC ready. Apart from the shunters (03/04/08/14), this must be one of the last pre-DCC designs still in use.

No doubt all will be revealed with Bachman update their website. There have clearly been changes of plan with models announced previously but not released yet, e.g. the modified 31s are shown on the website as 6-pin, but the re-run of the original-style 31s are described as having a Next-18 chassis developed for the revised one, so clearly the website is wrong to still show 6-pin.

It remains to be seen whether they are updating the electronics of any of the others, such as the class 57s, Deltics, and the previously announced 47s.

Cazadoom

Well I am happy with the announcement,

One of the 3 missing gaps in my colas fleet filled!  Just needs the 70 and  Dapol to do the 67 pair now!

Also the Virgin 47, GWR 57

Really looking forward to the Scotrail 158

Cheers

Callum

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £77.34
Below Goal: £22.66
Site Currency: GBP
77% 
March Donations