Unhappy Thread

Started by Caz, August 26, 2015, 10:11:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

talisman56

Quote from: The Q on July 26, 2018, 02:02:54 PM
oooH, How can I get one of those without SWMBO finding out the price?

You'll have a bit of trouble trying to smuggle it by her, as well...
Quando omni flunkus moritati

My layout thread - Hambleside East: http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=18364.0
My workbench thread: http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=19037

Papyrus

RIP Irish Champion Gaesten Amazin' Marky del Grancanna
aka 'Marco' or Markie'
22nd June 2002 - 22nd August 2018

Marco has finally rolled into the terminus.

It was our privilege and pleasure to share the second half of his life with him. He was a lovely, gentle soul who made lots of friends in the 8 years he was with us, and we have his great-grand-daughter and his great-great-grand-daughter to soften the loss.

His health had been rickety for 18 months and at least 3 times we thought his hour had come (new readers, start on the Happy Thread, page 254, post#3805) but this time there was no doubt. Despite this, he was happy and active right up to the weekend - this was his last visit to the beach just a week ago:

We shall miss him, of course, but he had a good long life and we have no regrets.

Chris

Train Waiting

Very sorry to hear of your loss, Chris.  Marco was a beautiful dog.

With all best wishes.

John
Please visit us at www.poppingham.com

'Why does the Disney Castle work so well?  Because it borrows from reality without ever slipping into it.'

(Acknowledgement: John Goodall Esq, Architectural Editor, 'Country Life'.)

The Table-Top Railway is an attempt to create, in British 'N' gauge,  a 'semi-scenic' railway in the old-fashioned style, reminiscent of the layouts of the 1930s to the 1950s.

For the made-up background to the railway and list of characters, please see here: https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=38281.msg607991#msg607991

dannyboy

Sorry to hear about Marco Chris. Not easy when you lose a family friend as I well know, but at least you had 8 good years with him.
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

Mito

It is always sad to loose a four legged friend but you have happy memories of him and two of his offspring to remember him by.
You know you're getting older when your mind makes commitments your body can't meet.
https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=24101.0 Off on a journey

daveg

Sorry to read your news of Marco. He did an excellent job though, didn't he?

Plenty of good memories and a couple young relatives to keep you on your toes.

Dave G

Philip.

So sorry to read about Marco, he looks handsome in the photos

Delboy

As a fellow dog lover I am very sorry to hear about Marco
You have plenty great memories of his time with you to help you through this sad period
Dennis
She who must be obeyed says I am spending too much time on this forum. I love her dearly but what does she know?

Newportnobby

A huge loss :(
My smashing cat is starting to show his age now and I'll be in bits when he goes.

daveg

Always so very hard when we lose a loved pet, whatever he or she may be.

After reaching the hardest decision to say goodbye, for more than 30 years I have had the vet come to the house. I couldn't possibly put an old friend under stress and take them away from their home.

It also lets me howl me eyes out in private.

Please can we change the subject now?  :(

Dave G

The Q

To change the subject. They BQ are stopping the 10% discount for all but gardening on the old Gits card. yes I know there is a thread about it, but it doesn't make me any happier..

tutenkhamunsleeping

So sad to hear Marco is now chasing cars in doggie heaven :(

Thanks to the wonders of the interweb, however, he'll be living on in the memories of quite a few of us.

Webbo

Chris, ditto on what Steve has just posted.

I know how it feels to lose canine friends - still dearly miss my Kyla and Jess.

Webbo

daffy

I will be celebrating having a birthday tomorrow.
My grand-daughter is coming to stay with us for five days next week.
At the end of next week we are staying with old friends for a few days.
In September we are going on holiday to Cornwall.

So why am I writing all this in the unhappy thread? :(

Well, last night, after almost 20 years of perfect service and without prior warning the crown on my right hand maxillary incisor (the big one at the front) gave up the ghost! :'(

Now I am left with a hole in my smile just as all these 'public' events are coming up. I visited my dentist this morning and learnt that it could not simply be stuck back on, so I have three choices:
1. A root canal treatment prior to a new crown being fitted on a post insert;
2. An addition to my partial upper plate;
3. Root extraction and an implant.

The bad news is my dentist has no bookings available until 4th September :o , and neither have any other dentists, private or otherwise, I have so far contacted.

Ah well, looks like I'll just have to keep my mouth closed - which my wife says might be a good thing. I have no idea what she means. :D

I wonder if I put the old crown under my pillow tonight whether or not the Tooth Fairy (or her half-sister  ;) ) will leave me anything other than a gappy smile come the morning?
Mike

Sufferin' succotash!

Bealman

All I can say is, chin up, mate.

My daughter went to a twenty first back in the day.

She slipped on the kitchen floor smashed her front tooth, but still turned up.
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £82.34
Below Goal: £17.66
Site Currency: GBP
82% 
March Donations