Unhappy Thread

Started by Caz, August 26, 2015, 10:11:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

austinbob

Yes, a sad day indeed. Very sorry to hear of your loss.
:sorrysign:
Size matters - especially if you don't have a lot of space - and N gauge is the answer!

Bob Austin

N-Gauge-US

Quote from: escafeld on March 29, 2017, 06:14:37 PM

Thank you. She had a very full and mainly happy life right to the end. The last couple of years she had been in and out of hospital but that didn't seem to slow her down. I guess that the expectation is she was always going to come out again. On the positive side she didn't suffer when the end came.

I think dealing with my 77 year old mother is going to be the hard part as they were more like sisters than mother and daughter

Very sorry for your loss, escafeld. Longevity can be a blessing or a curse, and I'm glad that she lived happily until the end. So many people spend their final years in pain or sorrow; that she did not should be a real comfort, in time. I feel for your mother too, as it sounds like she lost a best friend and a mother. Maybe take this time of grief as an opportunity to grow closer to her and, in doing so, help her heal by filling the void your grandmother has left. Again, my deepest sympathies,

Philip
Check out Avondale - My heritage railway themed layout :)

http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=29371.0

Jimbo

So sorry Escafeld, thoughts and best wishes at this troubling time.
'Keep it country!'

'Head in the clouds, feet in the mud!'

Newportnobby

I'm very sorry to hear of your loss :(
Take great care of your Mum. Mine is 83 and has had a couple of severe operations in the last 12 years but still manages to shame me with her energy (although her driving is getting a little shaky ;))

Steamie+

Sorry to hear about your lose.  :(

Mito

A sad day, yes, but remember the happy times you all had with her. And plenty of hugs for your mum and lots of support.
You know you're getting older when your mind makes commitments your body can't meet.
https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=24101.0 Off on a journey

dannyboy

Sorry to hear of your loss Escafeld. But, as others have said, remember the good things and look after your Mum.
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

Newportnobby

@austinbob
The good news is the Farish 8F 372-154 ordered from Time Tunnel Models (North Berwick) arrived via DPD exactly as they said it would.
The bad news is it was dead as a dodo. Nada, zilch, rien etc :'(
They are mailing me a returns postage label and back it will go. Needless to say, for such a venerable beast they have no replacement :'( :'(

austinbob

Quote from: newportnobby on April 03, 2017, 03:53:34 PM
@austinbob
The good news is the Farish 8F 372-154 ordered from Time Tunnel Models (North Berwick) arrived via DPD exactly as they said it would.
They are mailing me a returns postage label and back it will go. Needless to say, for such a venerable beast they have no replacement :'( :'(
I believe Alton model centre have another one in stock. If you like I can check it out and get it for you. Price is £103 and something. If it works ok I can post it to you and you can send me a cheque for loco plus postage.
Just let me know.
:beers:
Size matters - especially if you don't have a lot of space - and N gauge is the answer!

Bob Austin

jonclox

Quote from: escafeld on March 29, 2017, 05:27:40 PM
Its a sad day as my 94 year old grandmother passed away this morning
:sorrysign: and I do mean that  :(
John A GOM personified
N Gauge can seriously damage your wealth.
Never force things. Just use a bigger hammer
Electronically and spelling dyslexic 
Ruleoneshire
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=17646.0
Re: Grainge & Hodder baseboards
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=29659.0

austinbob

Quote from: escafeld on April 03, 2017, 05:44:17 PM
Quote from: newportnobby on April 03, 2017, 03:53:34 PM
@austinbob

Stockton Modeller are showing it as in stock £94.99

http://www.stocktonmodeller.co.uk/372154-class-8f-48750.ir?cName=railways-graham-farish-locomotives-steam
The advantage of Alton model centre is that I can personally go and check the loco before buying it for Mick.
He's already had one cheap loco go belly up.

Bob Austin

Newportnobby

Many thanks, Bob, and thanks also to Escafeld for searching that one out.
Truth be told I'd prefer a late crest one so if anyone knows the whereabouts of a 372-151.................

austinbob

Quote from: newportnobby on April 03, 2017, 08:15:24 PM
Truth be told I'd prefer a late crest one so if anyone knows the whereabouts of a 372-151.................
I'll keep me eyes open for that one Mick.

Bob Austin

steve836

Or you could wait for the new "improved" version.
KISS = Keep it simple stupid

austinbob

Quote from: steve836 on April 04, 2017, 03:03:03 PM

Or you could wait for the new "improved" version.
And which decade has that been promised for?   :no:

Bob Austin

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £82.34
Below Goal: £17.66
Site Currency: GBP
82% 
March Donations