Dapol stand at Alexandra Palace

Started by jamespetts, March 24, 2019, 11:44:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jamespetts

I had a brief but informative conversation with the nice chap on the Dapol stand at Alexandra Palace this afternoon. He confirmed that the class 50s had been held up by a number of matters and are expected late spring/early summer. The class 50s on the stand were the same display models as before, but with some small alterations (e.g. the number being put at the correct end of the Dutch liveried version).  He also said that the mk. III sleepers are expected sometime in the summer.

I asked him whether there was any chance of an N gauge class 117 - he said "watch this space" and noted that the decisions as to which N gauge products to produce next would be made quite soon. I told him (correctly) that, if an N gauge 117 were produced, I should buy three (in blue/grey and NSE liveries). He confirmed that he had made a mental note of this.

If anyone else is after an N gauge 117, I suggest politely making it clear that there is a demand for this product on the Dapol forum in the next week or two. A class 117 to the standard of the 121 would be an excellent thing in N gauge.
Peertube > Youtube

Chetcombe

A 117 would be a very nice addition and I would bag a couple of blue ones. After that all I need is a Class 120...
Mike

See my layout here Chetcombe
Videos of Chetcombe on YouTube

Shiney Sheff

So long as a three car in BR green, with speed whiskers is produced, then I'm in.  :D

Bob

Portpatrick

"Sadly" a 117 would not fit my aspirations or needs, though to the standards of the 121 and 122 would I agree look magnificent.  Now a 120 or even a 126, ideally in Ayrshire version, would be another matter - in green.  I guess the 120 would have the more appeal  as they were not confined to Scotland!  However very unlikely so my converted and motorised Minitrix coaches will continue to fulfil the role.

njee20

So that's 3 people who want a 117, requesting 4 different variants!  ;D

Who'd be a manufacturer eh!?

mark100

I would be happy if someone did a Class 127, but would settle for a Class 117

:D
You cant get better than a Betta Fish

njee20

Whilst I would buy neither a 127 or a 117! :D

Ditape

I could make a case for a 117 or two for Plymbridge.
Diane Tape

Karhedron

I would definitely buy a WR DMU. A 118 would probably be my unit of choice but a 117 would definitely be "close enough". I have posted on Dapol's digest to this effect.
Quote from: ScottyStitch on September 29, 2015, 11:28:46 AM
Well, that's just not good enough. Some fount of all knowledge you are!  :no:  ;)

Newportnobby

Quote from: Karhedron on March 26, 2019, 09:04:35 AM
I would definitely buy a WR DMU. A 118 would probably be my unit of choice but a 117 would definitely be "close enough". I have posted on Dapol's digest to this effect.

I searched Digest for your post, Matt @Karhedron , but couldn't find it. Could you let us know where it is so we can back you up?

Karhedron

Quote from: Newportnobby on March 26, 2019, 10:04:19 AM
Quote from: Karhedron on March 26, 2019, 09:04:35 AM

I searched Digest for your post, Matt @Karhedron , but couldn't find it. Could you let us know where it is so we can back you up?

Sure, no problem. The discussion is cunningly disguised as being about future applications of their DMU chassis. ;)

https://digest.dapol.co.uk/forum/n-gauge-models/class-121-122/1048-making-the-most-of-the-63-dmu-chassis/page2
Well, that's just not good enough. Some fount of all knowledge you are!  :no:  ;)

Newportnobby

Thanks, Matt. I hadn't looked back that far :doh:
I think Dapol's estimation of £250 for a 3 car unit is a bit OTT, although with the usual discount it will be down to about £213. Farish currently show their 3 car DMUs at rrp of £230.
I guess by the time the any decision is made and if anything happens prices will have risen to that height, though.

Karhedron

I agree that £250 does seem a bit steep for what is essentially a loco and 2 coaches. However it is a useful prototype and the repeated runs of Farish's 101s and 108s show there is a market for 1st generation DMUs. I would definitely buy one, although at £250, it would probably be just the one.

bluedepot

who makes the 117 in oo?

i would buy one in n gauge anway so long as it was a decent model

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £82.34
Below Goal: £17.66
Site Currency: GBP
82% 
March Donations