Damien Johnson where are you you owe a number of us models

Started by Snowwolflair, September 30, 2015, 11:08:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Snowwolflair

A sad tail of an N gauge modeler gone bad.

On the 7th March Damien Johnson (his Ebay name) offered to make ten handmade models of a Dukedog and he marketed them through Ebay.  As I recall the castings were also available through Shapeways.

He duly took my money and nine others for the loco and in my case the cost of an additional DCC decoder.  Several months and emails passed and he seemed to make progress. 

Now he has gone silent, after a point the buyers can get refunds from eBay or PayPal.

Can anyone help me identify the rogue modeler as my solicitor would like a word with him.

Here is the listing photo

[smg id=29871 type=full align=center caption="Professionally Built and painted GWR 3200 Class Dukedog 2mm or N Gauge"]

Tank

His website hasn't been updated since 2013 by the look of it.

After some detective work I have found out his home address.  Do you want it, or have you got it?

Snowwolflair

Good news it seems there may be life, and I have had a PM from another forum member who has had recent contact and believes all is well, if somewhat at a snails pace.

It would be good if that is the case as I am really looking forward to the model, but Damien if you are reading this "regular updates please"

nice to see the forum working.

Tank, can you PM me the contact information, thanks

David

ScottyStitch

Snowwolflair

Bealman

Good luck with this, buddy. If it's any consolation,  I'm currently trying to retrieve A$960 from a shonky hotel in Tasmania!

But it's good that you are airing it here on the forum. We do try to assist our members.  :thumbsup:

George
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

NeMo

Is this the same person?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/usr/twommlocomotives2010

And the same item?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Professionally-Built-and-Painted-GWR-3200-Class-Dukedog-2mm-or-N-Gauge-/371283732255

Perhaps just as well to clear up any confusion between this seller and "Damien Johnson" if they're different, or if they're the same person, let other modellers know about it.

Cheers, NeMo
(Former NGS Journal Editor)

Snowwolflair

Yes that's the model.

so why has he changed his Ebay name?

fergy1

This is the same person and model. The model looked very good on the photos and descriptions and so I too thought I would indulge. Unfortunately I have not heard any more from Damien Johnson (who uses a twomm models e-mail address) since July and I have never even seen photos of any progress being made.
I have e-mailed again today to ask for a progress update.

Kevin

Snowwolflair

I'm pleased to say I have been in contact with Damien this afternoon and he assures me all will be delivered, but it may take a bit more time.

He has had a few personal complications and was also a bit overwhelmed by the demand for the models.

anyway a good result. :NGF:

David

Tank

fergy1

joe cassidy

Well done Damien for not suing David for libel/slander  :D

Best regards,

Joe

Snowwolflair

Joe, now that clearly is liablus he took our money over £1,000 between us and then did not reply to us or tell us what was happening in my case for over four months. Catch my drift.

joe cassidy

In your original post you said :

"A sad tail of an N gauge modeler gone bad."

"Can anyone help me identify the rogue modeler as my solicitor would like a word with him."

Do you still stand by these words ?

Best regards,

Joe

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £40.23
Below Goal: £59.77
Site Currency: GBP
40% 
April Donations