C-Rail Intermodal to produce FTA/FSA container wagons

Started by woodbury22uk, September 28, 2019, 08:51:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

njee20

Yes my understanding is certainly that they're only FL, as said, FSA outer with FTA inners in permanent sets. They were introduced to replace the older FFA/FGA. I think triples are much rarer these days, they added extra inners to make the quad-sets (having been double or triple originally) and pairs of FSAs.

Looking forward to these!

red_death

IIRC they are owned by FL so I'm 99.9% sure that they aren't used by anyone else (or certainly not regularly).

Great news as they are one of the missing links for the last 20 years or so.

Cheers Mike

njee20

Minor tangent, but all of this has led to me poring over videos of different container flows to see various compositions. I never even realised there was an FEA-C used by GBRf, which is totally different to the FEA-B (and other 'spine' variants). Too many wagons!

acko22

Hi all,

Well I did some asking and @arran I can confirm that the FTA/FSA wagons are all owned and operated by FL, but as is the joys of the railways have been seen behind DB (EWS) locos but that has been when FL have had to hire in locos previously to cover when they had traction shortages but that some time ago!

Gareth
Mechanical issues can be solved with a hammer and electrical problems can be solved with a screw driver. Beyond that it's verbal abuse which makes trains work!!

Busybee

Nice post lady delivered my first order yesterday of these wagons anyone got there's. 

njee20

I assume you meant the KTA/KQA pocket wagon, rather than the FSA/FTAs? The pocket wagons do look good, I'm sure these will too.

Graham

will have to keep an eye on the post now, hopefully will arrive soon.

njee20

Graham

that will teach me to read properly, I meant the KTA's.

Of course we cant even place an order for the FSA's yet.

cheers
Graham

woodbury22uk

The KTA/KQA has its own topic to save confusion.

https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=36448.new#new
Mike

Membre AFAN 0196

Vonzack

Ah, more attention to detail required, apologies for the cross posting, thought I was in the other thread with the references to KTAs  :confused1:

Skyline2uk

Hi all

Just to add another point on these (cos I am excited for them but only if....); I have noticed Arran has caveated the original livery (Black) will only happen if there is enough orders.

I am really after pre-privatisation stuff, so hope there are more people like me after the black sets.

Skyline2uk 

Arran

Quote from: Skyline2uk on February 06, 2020, 08:16:32 PM
Hi all

Just to add another point on these (cos I am excited for them but only if....); I have noticed Arran has caveated the original livery (Black) will only happen if there is enough orders.

I am really after pre-privatisation stuff, so hope there are more people like me after the black sets.

Skyline2uk

HI All

I will have to talk it through with the factory what the min quantity's will be for liveries and numbers, the Black ones ran into the privatized era for a good while looking at pics i have .

Regards Arran

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations