Poole Farish rare items - are there any?

Started by belstone, July 27, 2015, 11:58:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jason B

Yes it all' very authentic with all the documents .
Thanks it was nice item that I had to have .
Cheers  :beers:

Dr Al

Quote from: Jason B on May 05, 2017, 04:44:10 PM

Yes it all' very authentic with all the documents .
Thanks it was nice item that I had to have .
Cheers  :beers:

That's legit - finding one boxed and with guarantee is rarer still as there are of course some unboxed ones about.

A good clue to legitimacy is size of the cabside numbers - most of the decal suppliers (like Fox) offer cabside numbers that are slightly smaller than this (and those on 47378) so it's a good indicator. Yours looks identical to the 5 or so of these I've owned over the years (now superceded by the Bachfar new tool version!).

Cheers,
Alan
Quote from: Roy L S
If Dr Al is online he may be able to provide a more comprehensive answer.

"We have also arranged things so that almost no one understands science and technology. This is a prescription for disaster. We might get away with it for a while, but sooner or later this combustible mixture of ignorance and power is going to blow up in our faces."Dr. Carl Sagan

Jason B

Thank you
Yes I was fortunate to get it with all its original documents and condition
I have 142 and 139 I should really find a nice green example to complete the set

DesertHound

Enjoy owning it Jason - you've got a nice model there!  :thumbsup:
Visit www.thefarishshed.com for all things Poole Farish and have the confidence to look under the bonnet of your locos!

Mr Sprue

Not everybody's cup of tea but I have a bit of a fetish for these........Golden Arrow Spam Cans !  :-[

Dr Al

Quote from: Mr Sprue on May 05, 2017, 08:28:40 PM
Not everybody's cup of tea but I have a bit of a fetish for these........Golden Arrow Spam Cans !  :-[

Those were very very early, and pretty rare (now we know why....  :laughabovepost: ). Even rarer in running condition with the original plastic chassis and Arnold can motor. The one with all silver wheels (inc tender/bogie) looks to have had a chassis change at some point for a later open frame motor chassis, as these only had the plastic chassis, with plastic bogie/tender wheels originally.

Cheers,
Alan

Quote from: Roy L S
If Dr Al is online he may be able to provide a more comprehensive answer.

"We have also arranged things so that almost no one understands science and technology. This is a prescription for disaster. We might get away with it for a while, but sooner or later this combustible mixture of ignorance and power is going to blow up in our faces."Dr. Carl Sagan

Mr Sprue

Well done Alan I wondered if some would spot my mod, the wheels took a bit of patience to paint, properly that is!

However there is one amongst my collection that is in original running order and has only one locating tab missing on its chassis plate, it actually runs pretty smooth as well ....now that is rare!  :)

DesertHound

Visit www.thefarishshed.com for all things Poole Farish and have the confidence to look under the bonnet of your locos!

oreamnos

I apologize for dredging up an old thread but since it hasn't been mentioned earlier, there was also a late production of the the Poole Class 40 with the factory blackened wheels.  I purchased one second hand from Hatton's "pre-owned" sales for £52 (less VAT it was £43.33) on 10 February, 2016.  I saved the loco to my Hatton's wishlist, so still have access to the link with pictures:

https://www.hattons.co.uk/176260/graham_farish_8116_ln01_class_40_40015_aquitania_in_br_blue_pre_owned_like_new/stockdetail.aspx

None of the gears have split (yet) so all the wheels are original and still match each other!

Matt

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £30.23
Below Goal: £69.77
Site Currency: GBP
30% 
April Donations