The angry thread

Started by findus, March 29, 2011, 09:42:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dannyboy

@Newportnobby
For info Mick - I  transferred some money from my PayPal account on Monday and it was in my bank account yesterday. (So something is working correctly at PayPal  :thumbsup:).
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

guest311

well, unsurprisingly, in spite of several messages to the contrary, no contact from them.

latest message to them just sent ...

alan jenkins8:22 PM
20:20 according to your phone lines your offices are now closed. now 56 hours since started trying to get help from you, giving up for tonight, and will try yet again, for the fourth day, tomorrow.

now going to investigate SWMBO's pressie from yesterday, while reading a book on the Nimrod from elder daughter.

:beers:

dannyboy

There I was, fully expecting you to say everything was now sorted Alan. This is getting ridiculous and I feel angry on your behalf. However, I do think the Nimrod is a lovely airplane, unless you were referring to "a biblical figure described as a king in the land of Shinar,".  ;)
David.

guest311

no, the ex comet with a bit grafted on that replaced the 10,000 rivets in close formation that we had at Ballykelly  :)

and the pressie isn't too bad either  :beers:

exmouthcraig

@class37025 Which book was it Alan??? Fantastic plane and the MRA4 should of been protecting us for the last 10 years but a certain PM pulled the plug on that.  :no:

Newportnobby

Quote from: dannyboy on May 20, 2020, 09:14:58 PM
This is getting ridiculous and I feel angry on your behalf.

I quite agree. This is where the likes of Facebook, Twitter blah blah come in useful* as most companies hate being portrayed in a bad light.

*Yeah, I know. Me saying they come in useful. The world must be in a poor state :D

The Q

Quote from: class37025 on May 20, 2020, 09:30:23 PM
no, the ex comet with a bit grafted on that replaced the 10,000 rivets in close formation that we had at Ballykelly  :)

I remember them,  just make sure that air traffic has phoned the signal box to make sure there isn't a train on the runway.

dannyboy

You could always tell them, (well, send another message), letting them know that a certain internet forum has 7686 members and if each of those members told 10 of their friends about the customer service at PayPal, that would be an awful lot of people aware.   :hmmm:
David.

crewearpley40

I was speaking to a friendly technical chap as my phone was having a small issue. He said its circumstances we live in , working from home, children at home , schoolwork online, zoom etc. And the congestion online. I don't use PayPal but he did mention contact less card use was a minor issue with terminals taking forever. I asked him about PayPal and he confirmed surprisingly there were issues, he cancelled his and spoke with his bank.  Maybe worth going that route 

guest311

Quote from: The Q on May 20, 2020, 09:44:07 PM
Quote from: class37025 on May 20, 2020, 09:30:23 PM

I remember them,  just make sure that air traffic has phoned the signal box to make sure there isn't a train on the runway.

I well remember doing a guardoom shift one sunday morning and receiving a phone call.....

"Main Guardoom, Cpl. Jenkins, sir"

"Satco here, cpl, we've just had a train hit a sheep on the runway, better get someone down there"

:hmmm:

"Year, right, stop  :censored: about "

it only seemed a few seconds later that a mini arrived outside in cloud of smoke, the door was flung open and a voice roar ...

"WHICH ONE OF YOU IS JENKINS?"

ooooppppssssss :-[ :'(

lil chris

Re my order to Easylife, ordered on 1/5/2020 the sent me a message with a tracking number 3 days ago for Hermes. In fairness to Hermes there site said they had not received the parcel yesterday. They have sent a message, this morning they now have it so probably to be delivered tomorrow my shopping day you can't win. So 21 days since ordering pretty rubbish, I won't be ordering off them again that's for sure.
Lil Chris
My new layout  East Lancashire Railway
My old layout was Irwell Valley Railway.
Layout previous was East Lancashire Lines, changed this new one. My new layout here.
https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=57193.0

guest311

Quote from: dannyboy on May 20, 2020, 09:45:12 PM
You could always tell them, (well, send another message), letting them know that a certain internet forum has 7686 members and if each of those members told 10 of their friends about the customer service at PayPal, that would be an awful lot of people aware.   :hmmm:

what a good idea ....

alan jenkins10:02 AM
good morning, day four of this fiasco, and a member of one of the forums I post on has pointed out that they have 7,686 members, most of whom are following my posts on there about Paypal, and he added that if each one told ten other people, that is an awful lot of bad press for Paypal. hopefull, today, THIS WILL BE SORTED.

but don't hold your breath. phone lines are still not transfering to humans.

very tempted, but so far managed not, to reply to 'reason for your call' by replying 'bomb threat'  >:(

guest311

Quote from: lil chris on May 21, 2020, 10:05:08 AM
Re my order to Easylife, ordered on 1/5/2020 the sent me a message with a tracking number 3 days ago for Hermes. In fairness to Hermes there site said they had not received the parcel yesterday. They have sent a message, this morning they now have it so probably to be delivered tomorrow my shopping day you can't win. So 21 days since ordering pretty rubbish, I won't be ordering off them again that's for sure.

and soon you'll start getting their marketing calls  :smiley-laughing:

guest311

Quote from: exmouthcraig on May 20, 2020, 09:38:56 PM
@class37025 Which book was it Alan??? Fantastic plane and the MRA4 should of been protecting us for the last 10 years but a certain PM pulled the plug on that.  :no:

Nimrod Boys, by Tony Blackman with Joe Kennedy.
think I may need to get his Nimrod, rise and fall as well.

guest311

Quote from: crewearpley40 on May 20, 2020, 09:46:42 PM
I was speaking to a friendly technical chap as my phone was having a small issue. He said its circumstances we live in , working from home, children at home , schoolwork online, zoom etc. And the congestion online. I don't use PayPal but he did mention contact less card use was a minor issue with terminals taking forever. I asked him about PayPal and he confirmed surprisingly there were issues, he cancelled his and spoke with his bank.  Maybe worth going that route

unfortunately you have to sort out the 'limitation' before you can do anything. can't even get my money out to my bank account till they sort this fiasco  :veryangry:

effectively your account is locked, oh you can still have money paid in, but then can't use or withdraw it.

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations