The angry thread

Started by findus, March 29, 2011, 09:42:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bealman

In retrospect, my Maccas open on Christmas Day post is probably a little hypocritical, as the Bealman clan go out for Christmas lunch every year, not MacDonalds, though.

I just got a surprise as it's the first year it's happened.
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

railsquid

Quote from: Bealman on December 09, 2016, 05:22:37 AM
In retrospect, my Maccas open on Christmas Day post is probably a little hypocritical, as the Bealman clan go out for Christmas lunch every year, not MacDonalds, though.

New venue for you to try then? :P McTurkeyBurger anyone?

Back on topic, I would like to vent my anger at the small phalanx of neatly-dressed pensioners on pushbikes who decided to formation-cycle through a crowded crossing here in Tokyo, ignoring the lights and any pedestrians in their path. Utter bumblewombles.

Snowwolflair

Quote from: railsquid on December 09, 2016, 12:05:58 PM

Back on topic, I would like to vent my anger at the small phalanx of neatly-dressed pensioners on pushbikes who decided to formation-cycle through a crowded crossing here in Tokyo, ignoring the lights and any pedestrians in their path. Utter bumblewombles.

Japanese rule breakers  :goggleeyes:  The world is going to hell. :D

daffy

Quote from: Snowwolflair on December 09, 2016, 12:09:39 PMThe wold is going to hell. :D

Which one? We've got lots of wolds up here in Lincolnshire, and I need to avoid the big hole left when it's gone. :hmmm:
Mike

Sufferin' succotash!

Newportnobby

The woods have gone!? :o
Have you been chopping them down to make coffee stirrers which you use to make all sorts of model stuff? :telloff:

railsquid

Quote from: Snowwolflair on December 09, 2016, 12:09:39 PM

Indeed, as many as three times this year I've found small items of litter in our street. But I suspect people of a certain age and temperament behave however they want the world over...

Bealman

dannyboy

Quote from: Bealman on December 09, 2016, 09:43:29 PM

Local bus stop  >:(

Your locals are obviously better behaved than the locals are back home in Yorkshire - the glass in your bus stop is still intact  :o. Should not complain though, the nearest bus stop to me is 5 miles away - and that is used once a week, yes, I said week !  :unimpressed:
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

austinbob

Very depressing... Shame the so and so's can't be caught and made to clean it up. Afraid many of our bus stops and streets look just the same.
>:(
Size matters - especially if you don't have a lot of space - and N gauge is the answer!

Bob Austin

railsquid

Quote from: railsquid on December 09, 2016, 04:39:00 PM
Quote from: Snowwolflair on December 09, 2016, 12:09:39 PM

Indeed, as many as three times this year I've found small items of litter in our street. But I suspect people of a certain age and temperament behave however they want the world over...
So, I was at the local zoo today with the Squidlet (2nd birthday in sight) watching the penguins (Squidlet loves penguins) when a well-dressed snooty-looking young woman and her well-dressed young son (7or 8 I guessed) pushed in, and the son blatantly ignored a clearly-marked "entrance forbidden" sign in Japanese to get a better look at the penguins. Cue Squidlet pulling in that direction, which I put a swift stop to; at his "but that boy is there, why can't I?" expression I remarked loudly (in Japanese) "well obviously those people are illiterate".

Bealman

The continuing saga of an Australian bus stop......

Last Wednesday my favourite stop was inhabited by a nice pair of shoes

Thursday they were still there......

But were now joined by a gaggle of shopping trolleys!!

At least the bus is always on time....  :worried:

Mito

You know you're getting older when your mind makes commitments your body can't meet.
https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=24101.0 Off on a journey

Bealman

dannyboy

You Asda laugh really.   Sorry  :-X

I had better say "Sorry" again - I don't suppose 'Asda', (supermarket),  have got down under - heck, they ain't even got into Ireland yet! Well, they have a presence in Northern Ireland.
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

Bealman

Thanks for that, David - I was wondering what it meant!!  :thumbsup: :beers:

George

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations