The angry thread

Started by findus, March 29, 2011, 09:42:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob Tidbury

I wasn't angry about the comment by Bealman which I took as a joke and I wouldn't leave the Forum just because of that ,But I'm getting rather angry about the workers popping up at the end of a lot of posts they must be on a go slow as they still haven't finished taking the cupboard magnets apart  .They are even at the top here above all the smileys  is it only me or are other people getting them.
Bob

Bealman

Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Bob Tidbury

Bealman The picture is still there under your last post or am I just seeing things .
Bob

Bob Tidbury

The picture seems to be after the last post at the bottom of the page .
Two pictures also appear at the top  above the smileys when I try to put a new post on they are really annoying,
Bob

Malc

I'm not sure what pictures you are referring to, Bob? I only see the smiley pointing up on George's post, no other pictures.
The years have been good to me, it was the weekends that did the damage.

Bealman

What?

I really have no idea what you are talking about!  What pictures?  :confused2:
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Bob Wild

There are no workers in this house. Are they ad's? If so I know a good ad-blocker.

Bob Tidbury

The pictures were from Andre-Ns My little test layout  but they have now vanished without me doing any thing  so it must have been my IPad having a mental breakdown with all the use it gets I now remember I had this happen a few months ago I don't know why or how it cleared itself it just did .
O the joys of today's Technology

Agrippa

I've given up trying to figure out what all this is about.... ???

Many of the posts end up going off at a tangent and few have any relation to rail modelling,
most seem to be the same moans and groans  you get in letters to the papers.

Perhaps time to shut this section down and get back to basics............
Nothing is certain but death and taxes -Benjamin Franklin

DesertHound

Chaps chaps chaps - you're missing something. They'd had enough due to no new rolling stock purchases for quite a while and to save themselves from boredom they walked off set and over to Stewart's Lane.

Nobby spotted it here ...

http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=24958.0
Visit www.thefarishshed.com for all things Poole Farish and have the confidence to look under the bonnet of your locos!

NinOz

Quote from: DesertHound on December 03, 2014, 11:08:48 AM
Chaps chaps chaps - you're missing something. They'd had enough due to no new rolling stock purchases for quite a while and to save themselves from boredom they walked off set and over to Stewart's Lane.

I think they have all gone barking mad. ???
CFJ
To be called pompous and arrogant - hell of a come down.
I tried so hard to be snobbish and haughty.

| Carpe Jugulum |

DesertHound

Quote from: NinOz on December 03, 2014, 11:25:49 AM
CFJ

Barking is on the other side of the river to Stwart's Lane IIRC NinOz!  :smiley-laughing:
Visit www.thefarishshed.com for all things Poole Farish and have the confidence to look under the bonnet of your locos!

talisman56

Quote from: NinOz on December 03, 2014, 11:25:49 AM
Quote from: DesertHound on December 03, 2014, 11:08:48 AM

CFJ

Reminds me of the old joke about people being 'Dagenham East' - when asked what they were talking about they replied 'four stops on from Barking...'
Quando omni flunkus moritati

My layout thread - Hambleside East: http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=18364.0
My workbench thread: http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=19037

Newportnobby

Quote from: Agrippa on December 03, 2014, 10:25:03 AM
I've given up trying to figure out what all this is about.... ???

Many of the posts end up going off at a tangent and few have any relation to rail modelling,
most seem to be the same moans and groans  you get in letters to the papers.

Perhaps time to shut this section down and get back to basics............

Whilst I agree this section is nothing to do necessarily with modelling it's a great way for folks to vent their spleen (hopefully with a touch of humour thrown in ;))
If we want to stick to modelling then the General Discussion board has to go - Jokes, Happy Thread, What are you listening to.........etc and, to my mind, this would make the forum a much poorer and less entertaining place to be. Not sure I'd want to be part of that :uneasy:

Agrippa

NPN, I see your point, but much of this section is about people bumping their gums
about the NHS, petrol prices , blah blah, etc which reads like the letters page in the
Daily Mail. The recent bowel thread became tedious and ended in a petty squabble
which has transferred to another thread!

Anyways it'll soon be time for festive moans about Xmas costs, queues in shops,
latest Farish locos not released in time for Santa's visit.
Nothing is certain but death and taxes -Benjamin Franklin

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations