The angry thread

Started by findus, March 29, 2011, 09:42:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tank

All the best to your wife, and to you as well.

steve836

Just been to the local newsagent/post office and went to look at the mags. Railway Modeler has put the mag. in a plastic bag. I stopped buying another model mag when they did it. I am on a pension so always browse first to see if there is anything worth forking out for or whether to wait another month. Looks like R.M. have just lost another customer!
KISS = Keep it simple stupid

Malc

FYI Steve, this months Railway Modeller features Banbury as the layout of the month, the Ridgacre Branch and also Burghead Harbour as a retrospective, all in N. Plus some 009 stuff.
The years have been good to me, it was the weekends that did the damage.

Griffo

Quote from: steve836 on October 08, 2014, 11:16:41 AM
I am on a pension so always browse first to see if there is anything worth forking out for or whether to wait another month. Looks like R.M. have just lost another customer!

Hi Steve

If it helps, mremag.com usually has a review of the monthly magazines with an overview of the contents. For this months Railway Modeller see

http://www.mremag.com/news/article/railway-modeller--october-2014/19361

Any help?

Steve

mr bachmann

Quote from: steve836 on October 08, 2014, 11:16:41 AM
Just been to the local newsagent/post office and went to look at the mags. Railway Modeler has put the mag. in a plastic bag. I stopped buying another model mag when they did it. I am on a pension so always browse first to see if there is anything worth forking out for or whether to wait another month. Looks like R.M. have just lost another customer!

hang in mate , I think the plastic bags usually mean there's a free gift , I think its a booklet , any way pop down to Redcar Smiff's those concerned are known to 'rip'( :veryangry:) open the packaging  :censored: 

alan

DesertHound

I frequent a certain bookshop (and one I very much liked too) that started doing that with books ... now that was daft!
Visit www.thefarishshed.com for all things Poole Farish and have the confidence to look under the bonnet of your locos!

steve836

They probably see people browsing and think they would read the whole thing rather than buy it. As if one could or would! A person needs to browse mags. and books to see if its worth shelling out hard earned cash. Hopefully someone from the model press will see this and have second thoughts. I doubt your bookshop owner will though.I agree with mr bachmann that there is normally a freeby in when R.M. bags their mag. but this does not appear to be the case this month.

Bry

Light bulbs. Bl***y light bulbs. Have you tried buying a blimin' light bulb lately? Gone are the days when you just had to choose 40watt, 60watt or 100watt. Oh no, it ain't that simple anymore. You have to choose pearl or clear, round or candle or curly, energy saving, led or halogen. Large bayonet, small bayonet, large screw or small screw. And the price?!! Don't get me started on the price.......... >:(

MikeDunn

Why, what's the price ?  >:D >:D >:D

Ozymandias

Quote from: Bry on October 09, 2014, 11:02:46 AM
Light bulbs. Bl***y light bulbs. Have you tried buying a blimin' light bulb lately? Gone are the days when you just had to choose 40watt, 60watt or 100watt. Oh no, it ain't that simple anymore. You have to choose pearl or clear, round or candle or curly, energy saving, led or halogen. Large bayonet, small bayonet, large screw or small screw. And the price?!! Don't get me started on the price.......... >:(

I feel your pain, Bry. I had to buy a replacement bulb for the dining room last weekend - looking at the vast array on offer in Homebase (other DIY stores are available) I felt like I needed a team of Sherpas, a G&T and a lie-down before I even started looking.... ;)
"Look on my works, Ye Mighty, and despair!"

Bry

steve836

Ozymandias

"Look on my works, Ye Mighty, and despair!"

steve836

Do you know you can't get 100watt bulbs any more. The E.U. have decreed it thus! So that's one choice less.

Bry

Quote from: steve836 on October 09, 2014, 11:32:02 AM
Do you know you can't get 100watt bulbs any more. The E.U. have decreed it thus! So that's one choice less.

Bl*#*y EU........ :veryangry:

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations