The angry thread

Started by findus, March 29, 2011, 09:42:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

scotsoft

I understand that predicament very well, every time I went to a birthday party for my Godson I was always laid low by one thing or another  :'(

The only consolation, so was everyone else  :doh:

cheers John.

GeeBee

Me to, my grandson kindly donated chicken pox result temperature of 104 for three days and no real recollection of the holiday we were on at the time. His parents now check before bringing him anywhere near me ho hum
:o

Newportnobby

Quote from: GeeBee on July 28, 2014, 04:32:15 PM
His parents now check before bringing him anywhere near me ho hum

I don't even know where me ho hum is, let alone let anyone near it ???
Me Ho Hum - well, I'll be a Chinaman :doh:

I'll get me coat :sorrysign:

GeeBee

Quote from: newportnobby on July 28, 2014, 04:35:41 PM
Quote from: GeeBee on July 28, 2014, 04:32:15 PM
His parents now check before bringing him anywhere near me ho hum

I don't even know where me ho hum is, let alone let anyone near it ???
Me Ho Hum - well, I'll be a Chinaman :doh:

I'll get me coat :sorrysign:

Mick, Hi it's just outside Folkestone or it was then
:claphappy:  :P

guest311

Quote from: class37025 on July 24, 2014, 02:31:38 PM
just had a phone call from Forest Gardens to tell me that they are now delivering the sheds next Thursday  :veryangry:

no real apology, and by her attitude not bothered about the disruption caused by their incompetance

"I can sympathise with your frustration but there's nothing we can do"

which I translated as - couldn't give a f damn about the inconvenience we've caused.

still waiting to hear from Shedstore, who were going to get back to me this morning ::)

update :

needless to say no call from Shedstore Friday, so phoned them Monday - "oh, don't know who told you that, someone from Forest Gardens will ring you when they've delivered the sheds"  - Thursday afternoon and a truck arrives, and actually delivered the right sheds  :thumbsup:

nothing from Forest Gardens so rang them this morning - "oh, yes I can see there were some note put on the original delivery, but it wasn't passed to anyone. I'll pass it on and someone will phone you "

anyone want to guess how long that will take ?

Newportnobby

I guess you won't be holding your breath awaiting that call :no:

Bob Wild

Angry three times:

1. Some brain-dead blockhead reversed into my car while I was sitting in it in a layby.
2. Soldering the frame for my Beamish colliery. Put down the micro-blowlamp while I wiped the joint. Funny smell and found it was pointing straight at the trigger of my electric drill. Hit it with a big hammer though and it seems OK.
3. Big rusty split appeared in my not very old lawnmower body. Caused the grass box to fall off. Dealer said it wasn't worth repairing. So it looks as if it's out with the pop-rivet gun and a piece of cover sheet.

Grrrr .....

Newportnobby

Oh dear, Bob.
I can only suggest you take the micro blowlamp to the aforesaid brain dead blockhead and then finish him/her off with the big hammer >:D

Malc

Car shot across my bows at a traffic light controlled junction. She said she didn't see me. I hit her in the side. Ended up getting a tow to a garage for extensive repairs. First new car I've had, just 1900 miles on the clock.
The years have been good to me, it was the weekends that did the damage.

Bob Wild

Quote from: newportnobby on August 07, 2014, 09:55:38 AM
finish him/her off with the big hammer >:D

I tried not to be politically incorrect - but it wasn't a bloke. No comment.

But on the bright side - there were already some scratches on the bumper from when I ran over and demolished the dog's cage. So I've had that repaired for free!

Newportnobby

Quote from: Malc on August 07, 2014, 01:32:36 PM
Car shot across my bows at a traffic light controlled junction. She said she didn't see me.

???
Had she gone across on red, Malc?

Malc

Quote from: newportnobby on August 07, 2014, 03:50:59 PM
Car shot across my bows at a traffic light controlled junction. She said she didn't see me.

???
Afraid so, but there were no witnesses, so I expect it will be knock for knock. I didn't have anywhere I could go, so just anchored up and steered as far away as I could. Police were passing and stopped to control the traffic, checked we were legal etc, but didn't see the accident.

Newportnobby

Quote from: Malc on August 07, 2014, 04:19:11 PM
Quote from: newportnobby on August 07, 2014, 03:50:59 PM

???
Afraid so, but there were no witnesses, so I expect it will be knock for knock. I didn't have anywhere I could go, so just anchored up and steered as far away as I could. Police were passing and stopped to control the traffic, checked we were legal etc, but didn't see the accident.

Very sorry to hear that and hope the damage is not too costly. Have you got protected no claims?

Malc

Thanks for that Mick, yes I have protected no claims, but the basic premium is bound to go up. In addition I had to spend 20 mins giving all the details, inside leg measurement etc on a premium rate line. 14p/min.

Bob Tidbury

Glad to see you came out OK at the end of the day the car can be fixed , as usual the cops don't want to know even though it must have been obvious who was in the wrong ,hope your back on the road soon
Bob

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations