The angry thread

Started by findus, March 29, 2011, 09:42:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob Wild

Must move my PC away from my modelling bench. Incoming topic replies are too much distraction.

EtchedPixels

Quote from: Bealman on March 26, 2014, 10:49:37 AM
:laughabovepost: :laughabovepost: :laughabovepost:

But Mark Knofler's song "5.15 am" comes to mind.

'Duw it's hard' is another.

Max Boyce - Duw it's Hard

it and Rhondda grey are I think the two best things Max ever did, despite claiming to be a comedian firstly. But Max Boyce was a miner...

"Knowledge has no value or use for the solitary owner: to be enjoyed it must be communicated" -- Charles Pratt, 1st Earl Camden

Luke Piewalker

So 'I'll put the pipes on my 58' I thought. Painted them up, start hosing away, get to the ones either side by the buffer... oh wait.. the buffer is sort of in the way... surely it must just pop of... it seems to be coming off... oh... wait... I've physically twisted it off and broken the plastic'  :veryangry:
Fortunately it glued back on ok... with a bit of encouragement and poking I managed to get the other side in...
Then to top it all off I put it on the track on the shelf above my work station and promptly knocked it off....So I glued the grille back on the side and hopefully it's fine now...  :dunce:

Bealman

Geez.... definitely 'one of those days!'
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

scottmitchell74

:veryangry: Where did Parkend go? I liked his thread and posts...am I missing something?
Spend as little as possible on what you need so you can spend as much as possible on what you want.

Bob Wild

Quote from: scottmitchell74 on March 30, 2014, 10:04:55 PM
:veryangry: Where did Parkend go? I liked his thread and posts...am I missing something?

You and me, both. To quote the vernacular.

Sprintex

Quote from: scottmitchell74 on March 30, 2014, 10:04:55 PM
Where did Parkend go?

He left the forum for his own reasons.

Paul

Caz

Just to clarify, it would appear that he deleted most of his posts including replies to other threads, just in case anyone was wondering where they went and then asked us to lock his personal thread and delete his membership.

As a lot have said he did provide some really interesting modelling ideas and suggestions and it is a shame when someone feels they no longer want to share their skills.
Caz
layout here
Claywell, High Hackton & Bampney Intro
Hackton info
Bampney info

scottmitchell74

Huh, well, that's weird. I thought he was getting along well here. Okay, thanks for the explanation!  :NGaugersRule:
Spend as little as possible on what you need so you can spend as much as possible on what you want.

Bob Wild

There's nowt so queer as folk, as they say in Yorkshire.

Bikeracer

It seems all bad things that I've heard about Santander are true,I know my cousin had problems with them when her mum died.

I recently lost my wife in February and of course there have been various things to sort out,Barclays,LLoyds,Nottingham Building Society,and the CO-OP have all been sorted without any problems.....not Santander though.

First it took them over two weeks to even sort the building society account out and now I need them to put a few shares into my name,there aren't many and are from when my wife was in the Alliance and Leicester I think.

Anyway,Santander want £79.50 just to change the name to me and if I sell them another £50.00 on top,a total of about 30% of the value.

I'm absolutely disgusted that they want to make a profit from someones bereavement.

Allan
I'm not a complete idiot..some bits are missing.

Malc

Hi Allan, if you are the executor, do you need to have the shares transferred to you? Can't you just sell them?
The years have been good to me, it was the weekends that did the damage.

Bikeracer

No I can't do anything until they're in my name unfortunately.

Allan
I'm not a complete idiot..some bits are missing.

daveg

Sincere condolences on your loss.

Had the same aggro when my dad passed last year.

I think the family got just over 50% of the value of his small shareholding. Had similar rip-off fee experience with other share dealings so not exclusive to that bank.

Annoying and upsetting all the same.

Dave G

Newportnobby

So sorry to hear this news, Allan :(
It's tragic enough without faceless bankers (or similar) putting the boot in.
Is there an Ombudsman you can approach about this? I know it's just more hassle but you may get a result :hmmm:

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations