The angry thread

Started by findus, March 29, 2011, 09:42:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EtchedPixels

Quote from: newportnobby on August 14, 2013, 09:15:28 PM
I really don't think I should touch anything else today

You could walk around town touching all the flash cars  :hmmm:
"Knowledge has no value or use for the solitary owner: to be enjoyed it must be communicated" -- Charles Pratt, 1st Earl Camden

davieb

Hi Mick  :wave:

If you turn the loco upside down and look at the rear of the bogies you will see a clip  :hmmm:
release the clip and the side-frames will come away

Best to do it in a large plastic bag as the coupling springs tend to vanish  :o
Well at least mine did  :doh:  :-[

dave  :thumbsup:

Newportnobby

Cheers Dave,
Usual comment though - where the heck do I get a 5'10" plastic bag ???
I tried CSI but they said to go away - well, that's the polite version ;)

EtchedPixels

It's like man-size tissues - never seen a 6' one
"Knowledge has no value or use for the solitary owner: to be enjoyed it must be communicated" -- Charles Pratt, 1st Earl Camden

scotsoft

Quote from: newportnobby on August 15, 2013, 04:14:27 PM
Usual comment though - where the heck do I get a 5'10" plastic bag ???

Try an undertakers  :angel:

jonclox

:veryangry: Just realised that the 2 woodland scenic inclines that I bought some while back are not going to fit the space and slope I intended them for :veryangry:
John A GOM personified
N Gauge can seriously damage your wealth.
Never force things. Just use a bigger hammer
Electronically and spelling dyslexic 
Ruleoneshire
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=17646.0
Re: Grainge & Hodder baseboards
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=29659.0

MikeDunn

SWMBO & I went to a model rail exhibition today ... instead of being charged the normal rate, we were given the discount rate for OAPs   :jawdropping:

I've got 20 bloody years to go !!!  :veryangry:  :veryangry2: :censored:

scotsoft

Quote from: MikeDunn on August 17, 2013, 04:15:41 PM
SWMBO & I went to a model rail exhibition today ... instead of being charged the normal rate, we were given the discount rate for OAPs   :jawdropping:

I've got 20 bloody years to go !!!  :veryangry:  :veryangry2: :censored:

:laughabovepost:  :laughabovepost:  :laughabovepost:  :laughabovepost:  :laughabovepost:

Newportnobby

My Mum told me today one of her friends had said to her "You haven't changed in the last 20 years" and that really chuffed Mum until I pointed out her friend could possibly have been saying that when Mum was 60 she looked 20 years older.
That's when the fight started............. :laugh:

scotsoft

Quote from: newportnobby on August 17, 2013, 04:58:30 PM
My Mum told me today one of her friends had said to her "You haven't changed in the last 20 years" and that really chuffed Mum until I pointed out her friend could possibly have been saying that when Mum was 60 she looked 20 years older.

I can just see your mum writing a note to herself:

Monday 19th August
Contact solicitor to amend will  >:D

Newportnobby

Quote from: scotsoft on August 17, 2013, 05:10:56 PM
Quote from: newportnobby on August 17, 2013, 04:58:30 PM

I can just see your mum writing a note to herself:

Monday 19th August
Contact solicitor to amend will  >:D

Too late, John.
I already have Power of Attorney ;) >:D :P

Sprintex

I've been sat here in four lanes of stationary traffic on the M25 for nearly an hour now, obviously a very serious accident ahead as the emergency vehicle count keeps going up and up :worried:

Now comes the rant - why do people feel compelled to get out of their cars in these situations and wander about the motorway, especially on the hard shoulder where every so often a fast moving emergency vehicle comes hurtling along? :veryangry: Looking at the scene here anyone would think it was a picnic area rather than a major road! The mentality of some people is really beyond me at times :doh:

Paul

scotsoft

It always annoys me when they slow down to look at an accident, sick people  :thumbsdown:

daveg

Some police forces were trying out foldable screens to hide the accident scene and prevent the ghoulish 'rubber necking' that some folk have to do.

In this part of Kent, the M25 is always in trouble; the Clacketts Lane area somehow attracts prangs like moths to a flame. My record is 4 hours from Sevenoaks to Watford. Deep joy.

Stay safe, Paul!

Dave G

Newportnobby

Upshot of my little scrape was that B & Q had CCTV but only of the entrance/exits and reminded me there were notices in the car park "Own risk etc"
The woman's partner did phone me and asked if I was in the car at the time - No
Were there any witnesses - No
So it could have been anyone, to which I stated she was the only car with corresponding scratches.
He said he had looked at her car and, apart from normal wear and tear, there was nothing to suggest she had hit something. He then proceeded to harangue me for causing worry to his partner. Upshot - very rude words sent down the telephone line, and my car will be in the garage next week at a cost to me of £120. Just what I needed before TINGS :veryangry2: :censored:

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations