'Tis better to...

Started by emjaybee, December 14, 2019, 05:35:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

emjaybee

Someone once said,

"Its better to give than receive."

They obviously weren't an N gauger with a Shapeways account!

Four MR wagons, an LMS six wheel milk van (now I know we will eventually get more chassis), a Sentinel, a 40T LMS armour plate wagon and a 55T LMS armour plate wagon.

Happy Christmas to me (and everyone else, of course!)
Brookline build thread:

https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=50207.msg652736#msg652736

Sometimes you bite the dog...

...sometimes the dog bites you!

----------------------------------------------------------

I can explain it to you...

...but I can't understand it for you.

RailGooner

Am I reading those bogies right - a regular Rapido at one end and a NEM socket at t'other end? If yes, neat idea that.

emjaybee

Quote from: RailGooner on December 14, 2019, 06:40:20 PM
Am I reading those bogies right - a regular Rapido at one end and a NEM socket at t'other end? If yes, neat idea that.

Hark at ol' eagle eyes.

Yes indeed, printed with a working Rapido at one end and an NEM pocket the other. The Rapido works, but needs a little fettling to 'drop' of its own accord. The designer suggests leaving the pocket intact until you have the printex one working satisfactorily. Then you've got a backup if you snap it. I may go NEM anyway to get a lift more distance between wagons.

I got the whole lot for under £100, including delivered, as Shapeways had a 10% off event. It's all 'finest' print as well. This lot's going in the kit box for a later date. It was a pre-emptive purchase bearing in mind the political situation.
Brookline build thread:

https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=50207.msg652736#msg652736

Sometimes you bite the dog...

...sometimes the dog bites you!

----------------------------------------------------------

I can explain it to you...

...but I can't understand it for you.

njee20

That is a neat idea. Printing NEM sockets is a bugger! I must have done at least 50 variations! The biggest problem is the variation in manufacturers' couplings; you either get sloppy Farish ones, or pockets that crack when you stick a Dapol coupling in!

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £40.23
Below Goal: £59.77
Site Currency: GBP
40% 
April Donations