Will 6 pin dcc loco work on my layout?

Started by Daniel, June 13, 2016, 08:03:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daniel

I have a small layout with a simple 12v controller. I want to buy a 372-184 coronation class farnish loco. It says it's 6 pin dcc.
Will that run on my simple layout. I have a basic Bachman 12v controller.

Sprintex

It's 'DCC ready' which means it has a socket to fit a chip if you so wish. However it comes with a blanking plug installed in the socket so you can run it on DC :thumbsup:

Paul

Daniel

Thanks that helps. I also want to find some coaches for it but don't know if they will match the colour of the loco. Does anybody sell complete sets (loco and coaches) of these coronation class logos.

scruff

Don't know about sets but go to websites and search for BR maroon coaches, should be Mk1 and Stanier that you are looking for..

Cheers
Mark

Newportnobby

Alternatively see if anyone still has the Cumbrian Mountain Express train pack at a reasonable price.
Yes - the coaches are blue/grey but perfectly acceptable for steam 1965 ish onwards so you can add more blue/grey or maroon as you desire

David Asquith

I like this thread so far.  Questions asked.  Questions answered with no politics or anyone being too opinionated.

Dave

dannyboy

I recently purchased the Cumbrian Mountain Express, with chip fitted - a lovely looking engine and the blue/grey coaches look well behind the engine.
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations