Mk1 Cream and green coaches

Started by austinbob, December 09, 2014, 05:11:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

austinbob

Did any manufacturer make RTR Mk1 coaches in cream and green?

Size matters - especially if you don't have a lot of space - and N gauge is the answer!

Bob Austin

BobB

Don't remember seeing any. I thought the green a cream were specials for rail tours ?

carderrail

Mk1s in Cream/Green have not been produced RTR.

Outside of the usual BR Blue/Grey, BR Maroon, SR Green, BR Crimson/Cream and WR Chocolate/Cream only a few BR Intercity and Regional Railways versions have been produced. Bachmann/Farish have produced some departmental/network rail liveries.

Electra Railway Graphics produce overlays to make the the West Highland Line Green/Cream coach sets.

Hope this helps?

Tony

Byegad

:sorrysign: for resurrecting an old thread but I'm thinking of repainting some coaches to the LNER Green and Cream excursion stock colours. I did think about repainting the lower half of Dapol Carmine and Cream Gresley coaches, but there's the upper stripe in Carmine which would need to be matched to the Cream. :worried: Which I think may be too much for my rather limited skills.

So if I'm willing to have a go at converting any currently available stock can anyone suggest a starting point, at this stage any British outline coaching stock from any region/company is acceptable. For instance if repainting a GWR coach would give me the correct looking livery I'll do it.

Bealman

I think your idea is really cool.

The fact that it involves old farish stock (I assume) makes it better.
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Newportnobby

Quote from: carderrail on December 09, 2014, 06:18:46 PM

Electra Railway Graphics produce overlays to make the the West Highland Line Green/Cream coach sets.

Hope this helps?

Tony

See near the bottom of this web page...............
http://www.electrarailwaygraphics.co.uk/Mk1.htm

Byegad

:thankyousign:

Great NewportNobby. Just the job!

koyli55002

If using the Electra overlays, best bet would be to use the Farish clear bodies rather than the older ones with window strips inserted.
They SHOULD be easily available on "that" auction site.
If not, I may have some going cheap - when I get back from South Atlantic in a few weeks, that is !
All the best with your project

mojo

I too need some of the clear plastic bodies for conversions.
What should we look out for, China or Poole produced and which models or part numbers?
Maurice C.

koyli55002

Afraid I don't have the answers regarding model numbers readily to hand.
I'll be back in UK in a couple of weeks and may be able to help then - in the meantime BR Lines may have the info you need.
Basically, from my recollection, if a Mark 1 Farish has an interior detail, then it's the older version with a window insert.
If no interior detail then it should be the clear sided version ......
I'd also recommend using the Mk. 1 underfarme kits (still available from Etched Pixels IIRC) for best results.

Steven B

Original Poole Mk1:
Silver "Pizza cutter" wheels.
Removable window strip. On Blue, Green or Maroon coaches the window strip will be a a slightly different colour to the rest of the body. On two colour liveries (blue/grey, Crimson & Cream or BR(W) Chocolate & cream) you may see a slight gap between the window strip and the main body side.
Interiors fitted to RMB, SK and BCK. No interior fitted to BG or GUV. No other Mk1 types were made but conversions possible using the TPM kits
No printing to under-frame/solebar.
4 digit catalogue number.

Later Poole Mk1:
Silver "Pizza cutter" wheels.
Solid body shell.
Interiors fitted to RMB, SK, FK and BCK. No interior fitted to BG or GUV (No other types made?) Conversions only easily possible with etched or vinyl sides.
No printing to under-frame/solebar.
You can usually make out a molding pip in the centre of the window strip.
4 digit catalogue number.

Early Bach-Far Mk1 (Chinese production)
Blackened wheels with finer profile flanges.
Solid body shell.
Interiors fitted to RMB, SK and BCK. No interiors fitted to FK, BG, GUV, RU, RFO, BSK etc
Some printing to under-frame/solebar.
6 digit catalogue number.

Blue Ribbon Mk1:
Window panes are separate fitting - usually can see a slight prismatic effect at the edges of the window. Upgraded under frame & roof. Price usually over £20. 6 digit catalogue number.

Happy modelling.

Steven B.

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £35.23
Below Goal: £64.77
Site Currency: GBP
35% 
April Donations