No green votes from NGF at the next General Election then  :confused1:  :D

certainly not from me.

never mind culling badgers, lets cull cyclists  :bounce:

5 points each, 50 points any prize off the bottom shelf

100 points any prize off the centre shelf

150 points any prize off the top shelf

250 points ----- trolly dash round Hattons  :claphappy:

longbridge

What bugs me more than anything is the road that they ride 2 and 3 abreast on has a 4km long purpose built cycle track along side it, for some reason these toffee nosed morons wont lower themselves to use a cycle track  :veryangry: :veryangry: :veryangry: the cycle track was built to protect these idiots because the road is well known as a dangerous road for cars never mind cyclists.

I think the sad thing about this is the good old bike rider that plods along on a mountain bike or non racing type bikes have never really been any problem but its this sudden "I want to bee seen" type club cyclist that cause the problems.

I live at the end of a shopping centre that has 19 restaurants and three Coffee Shops, at the weekend you cant walk on the footpath because the bikes take up all the space, I wonder what makes these geezers tick when they plod around with their special shoes and shaved legs, not to mention the packed lunches they love to show off that is tucked down the front of their Lycra pants  :help: :help: :help:
Keep on Smiling
Dave.

EtchedPixels

I'm firmly of the opinion that cyclists should pay road tax.. but based on their fuel efficiency like everyone else  :bounce:
"Knowledge has no value or use for the solitary owner: to be enjoyed it must be communicated" -- Charles Pratt, 1st Earl Camden

1936ace

Hi all, well my angry thread of some time back finally had a well sort of good ending. After 12 months of fair trading and court attendances we got the order we were after in that the contractor has to make good the repairs and as he did not face up to court the judge awarded the cost to me so I can get someone else to do the pool surrounds done correctly. He has 14 days to come good with the money or a sheriff goes a visiting fingers crossed !
Bart

Still it makes me angry that a person can get away with faulty work and then think they are not responsible for it.

point blank

Quote from: jonclox on October 18, 2012, 08:34:45 PM
When they start paying road tax the same as car drivers do then cyclists will get some respect from me :veryangry:
How much is your road tax a year? I currently pay £475 tax for my car and £135 for my wifes car. How much extra would you like me to pay for the occasional times that i do use my bike to earn your precious respect?   :veryangry: :veryangry: :veryangry:

longbridge

Quote from: point blank on October 19, 2012, 04:15:03 AM
Quote from: jonclox on October 18, 2012, 08:34:45 PM
When they start paying road tax the same as car drivers do then cyclists will get some respect from me :veryangry:
How much is your road tax a year? I currently pay £475 tax for my car and £135 for my wifes car. How much extra would you like me to pay for the occasional times that i do use my bike to earn your precious respect?   :veryangry: :veryangry: :veryangry:

Hi there Point Blank, I think the intention of this thread from when I first weighed into it was aimed at club riders that ride in groups and in some cases take over portions of the road that are set aside for motor vehicles.

In an earlier reply I did point out that I felt sorry for the average Joe that gets on his bike for a ride around or maybe to pedal down to the shop for a loaf of bread, IMO this type of rider usually shows respect for other road users and pedestrians.

There is a vast difference to when driving on a two lane road and a group of 10- 20 or maybe 30 cyclists riding 2 and 3 abreast blocking traffic, what is even worse here in Oz is that our city encourages people to ride bikes, just about every road has a bike lane or purpose built pathway for cyclists and these club riders refuse to stay in their allocated lane or use bikeways, for some reason they think it is below them and many have a cocky attitude to motorists then moan if they nearly get sideswiped.

I really think John was talking about the club cyclists that use and sometimes take over the roads in packs, sorry but for me this type of rider with that type of attitude that wants to hog the road should pay some type of road tax so in that respect I agree with John.

There is no excuse for putting themselves and other road users or pedestrians in danger so why should club cyclists get off scot free, maybe if they had some sort of financial inclusion in their membership to clubs that could be used to educate them with the rules of the road and go towards the cost of bikeways that they would use.
Keep on Smiling
Dave.

Pengi

I've just had the call from the Microsoft Technical Department again!

I managed to get a telephone number out of them 0121 2882413 and the company name is something like ACS Manter (the voice was foreign so this may not be correct). They were reluctant to give me this information but I told them it would be useful to have contact information about a company as helpful as theirs in case I needed to use them again (this information has now been sent to Trading Standards)

They are insistent that their servers can see problems with my Windows PC. When I pointed out to them that I don't use Windows they then said that they can see Windows problems with my PC on their server and that I would not know what to look for. So I told them again that I don't use a PC or Windows or Microsoft then they rang off (I actually use an Apple Mac but didn't tell them). Within a few seconds a different foreign voice called me from a Technical department asking to speak to the lady of the house stating I had issues with my PC when I asked for the company name the line went dead.
Just one Pendolino, give it to me, a beautiful train, from Italy

longbridge

I believe this could be a hoax that did the rounds over here in Oz some time back.

People including myself got phone calls telling us that we had problems with our Windows computers, when I got my phone call I was ready for them, a foreign accent told me I had PC problems and I told him I didn't own a computer and if I did I would use something other than Windows, he argued with me for a while so I hung up.

What they do is get the Windows owner to boot their computer and follow a few simple steps to fix the problem, what they are actually doing is setting your computer up so they can get all your personal details including your online banking details.
Keep on Smiling
Dave.

scotsoft

I have heard of that call, when I get cold calls my second word is usually "off" and I hang up  >:D

cheers John.

Oldman

Currently annnoyed with Photobucket.
Just uploaded some more photos ready to put on the forum, and now cannot access them coming up error code 503
Modelling stupid small scale using T gauge track and IDl induction track. Still have  N gauge but not the space( Japanese Trams) Excuse spelling errors please, posting on mobile phone

scotsoft

Have you tried the new version of Photobucket yet?

What a disaster  :thumbsdown:

Oldman

Think that might be the problem - laptop trying to update but have not let it update yet.
Modelling stupid small scale using T gauge track and IDl induction track. Still have  N gauge but not the space( Japanese Trams) Excuse spelling errors please, posting on mobile phone

zwilnik

The Windows 'fault with your computer' phone call is a scam. They're aiming to get your credit card details by claiming you need to upgrade your virus checker etc. then they empty your bank account. It's been doing the rounds for years.

Microsoft (or any software company for that matter) don't ring you to tell you about computer faults.

kaiwhara

No Countdown I do not want you to take my basket off me at the checkout, I can't trust you lot not to charge me for two packs of meat and then "neglect" to put them in my bags, especially for me to figure out halfway through cooking dinner!

F&&&&&******%%%%%%^^^^^^^^^ Sake!  :veryangry: :headbutt: :veryangry: :veryangry2: :veryangry: :censored: :veryangry: :computerangry: :veryangry: :telloff: :veryangry:
:Class414:  :NGaugersRule: :Class37:

My Model Planning Thread:

(Click on Picture to view thread)

View my photos at my Flickr Account

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations