The angry thread

Started by findus, March 29, 2011, 09:42:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Snowwolflair

Quote from: dannyboy on March 20, 2023, 01:59:30 PM
Quote from: Newportnobby on March 20, 2023, 01:22:54 PM

What a farce

I think you are being rather polite there!

It is in the name, FIA =F**K U* In Action.

thebrighton

And the same stewards deploying the safety car as their GPS said Stroll's car had stopped on track. All they had to do was look at a TV screen or out of the window to see he'd parked his car off the circuit where the marshals park cars that have dropped out.
As to why it then took them so many laps to call the safety car in as there was zero obstruction only they know.
You could claim the stewards are just trying to liven up yet another boring race  ;)

Newportnobby

I have nothing to back this up as I didn't record the race, just watched it but I am 99.9% sure Aston Martin told Stroll "Stop the car. Stop the car on the track" He couldn't have got the car off the track, anyway, as there was a damned big truck or something parked there.

Snowwolflair

He had done a U turn into an exit that was blocked by a truck.

But he was out of the danger line. Another car would have had to smash through a barrier to be able to hit him.

dannyboy

Stroll did get his car away from the racing line and just about behind the barrier, but one of the Channel 4 commentators did remark that he could go no further because of the truck. As I saw it, there was no real need for a full Safety Car. - a yellow flag for that sector would have sufficed I thought.  :hmmm:
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

Dorsetmike

Of the 5 forums I was using this time last year this is the only one that has not had some upheaval, the photo forum was closed by its owners, the members have started a new one, the music forum changed hosts, the new format was dire, many of us departed, another Railway one has had it's old software finally crumble and has just migrated to a new host and software, may take a bit of getting used to, finally RMweb refuses me access because I use an ad blocker.
Cheers MIKE
[smg id=6583]

How many roads must a man walk down ... ... ... ... ... before he knows he's lost!

dannyboy

Quote from: Dorsetmike on March 30, 2023, 05:31:47 PM
this is the only one that has not had some upheaval,

Well you've just put the mockers on this forum then! If anything does go wrong in the near future, I think a certain @Tank might be having words!  :)
David.

Tank

Of the 5 forums I was using this time last year this is the only one that has not had some upheaval...

I'm glad to hear that, by default, we're now the favourite!   :D

Hopefully when we upgrade, it won't cause people to leave.

emjaybee

Quote from: Tank on March 31, 2023, 09:55:34 AM
Of the 5 forums I was using this time last year this is the only one that has not had some upheaval...

I'm glad to hear that, by default, we're now the favourite!   :D

Hopefully when we upgrade, it won't cause people to leave.

Upgrade, Upgrade?

I've only just fathomed out how this incarnation works!

:*(
Brookline build thread:

https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=50207.msg652736#msg652736

Sometimes you bite the dog...

...sometimes the dog bites you!

----------------------------------------------------------

I can explain it to you...

...but I can't understand it for you.

Newportnobby

I'll not say too much in case there are some who haven't seen the F1 race from Oz but, and it's only my opinion, the FIA have show once again they are so scared of making the wrong decision they..................................make the wrong decision.
I sometimes wonder about the FIM but the F1 lot really take the biscuit at times ::)

dannyboy

Quote from: Newportnobby on April 02, 2023, 08:48:45 PM
the FIA have show once again they are so scared of making the wrong decision they..................................make the wrong decision.

And not just the one!  :goggleeyes:
David.

Malc

I'll not say too much in case there are some who haven't seen the F1 race from Oz but, and it's only my opinion, the FIA have show once again they are so scared of making the wrong decision they..................................make the wrong decision.
I sometimes wonder about the FIM but the F1 lot really take the biscuit at times ::)
I suspect the decisions are made by a committee, hence the indecision.
The years have been good to me, it was the weekends that did the damage.

zwilnik

Quote from: Malc on April 02, 2023, 11:22:32 PM
I suspect the decisions are made by a committee, hence the indecision.
It's also a problem of the rules trying to cover absolutely everything, so the rulebook is stupidly thick, yet doesn't cover the issue that F1 can throw up very unusual scenarios that end up not necessarily being covered.
It's why having a *good* race director is important and why Charlie Whiting is so sorely missed.
That last standing restart was silly. When there's only going to be a 2 lap sprint, the old racing adage of "You can't win a race on the first corner" gets reversed. They had 16 drivers all knowing they could win the race (or at least a lot more points) on the first corner.

Browning 9mm

I'm glad I stopped watching F1 when it was just a repeat of the previous procession around the track.

by the sound of the comments on here, I'd be on a diet of Latte pods and Jaffa cakes by now if I hadn't. :-[

still think they should start with the cars on one side of the track, and the drivers on the other, at least they would get some exercise running to their cars  :-\

Browning 9mm

Quote from: Browning 9mm on March 05, 2023, 10:59:25 AM
Quote from: PaulCheffus on March 04, 2023, 05:48:54 PM
Quote from: Browning 9mm on March 04, 2023, 08:43:36 AM
Quote from: tunneroner61 on March 03, 2023, 11:39:09 PM
My stamps came back in 3 weeks.

Why is barcoding the new stamps a scam?

think of all the thousands of people with one or two stamps left that they cannot now use, although paid fore, and which are not worth going to the trouble of getting the form and sending them back. nice little earner for RM

Hi

Why as the old stamps as are still valid until July.

Cheers

Paul

according to RM

Non-barcoded stamps will remain valid to use until February 2023, but anyone who cannot use them by then can swap them for the equivalent value of barcoded stamps.

the saga continues  :veryangry:

I have been told four times by RM so colled customer services that they are dealing with this, and I will receive my stamps shortly.
ha  :censored: ha

then today, the ultimate insult.
included in my post, a leaflet from RM advising I need to send back or use any non-barcoded stamps  :headbutt: :headbutt:

ok, I'm supposed to restrain my inner self and be calm, but no chance.

call number 5 to RM, and the usual 30 mins of  :poop: music and messages about how I can cancel my complaint before their investigation is complete if it is resolved.

resolved ?   :veryangry: :veryangry: :veryangry:

any way. tongue bitten, it's not the poor advisers problem I've been being sodded about by RM for 9 months.....

helpful guy says i'm not the first he's had with this problem, checked my previous history of calls, and says he will speak to the exchange dept and I will receive a call within the next 24 hours to resolve this.

breath not holding will I be  :*(

I had asked to speak to a customer service manager, but apparently RM Customer service managers do not speak to customers  :veryangry: :veryangry: :veryangry:

wonder what they spend their over paid working life doing.
glass x 1  bottle of scottish finest water x 1 calming down hopefully.

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations