The angry thread

Started by findus, March 29, 2011, 09:42:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lil chris

This is scandolous, the vaccination process this time is chaotic, I am taking my 85 year old father in law on Thursday there better not be a queue because he is worse than me and won't queue.
On another topic, I am selling my piano on e bay, advertised has collect only. Some idiot has bid and had the winning bid and he expects it to be delivered. He is a complete idiot because he asked me if I could deliver after bidding and I told him the add was for collect only and he bid again. I have managed to cancel his bids but it has probably cost me some bids.
Lil Chris
My new layout  East Lancashire Railway
My old layout was Irwell Valley Railway.
Layout previous was East Lancashire Lines, changed this new one. My new layout here.
https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=57193.0

guest311

back where I belong  :D :-[

sunday our eldest grandson had a call from one of his mates to say that he'd tested positive for covid.

as our gransdon had stayed at ours saturday night, SWMBO and I took lateral flow tests monday, which were both negative, and our daughter had to take heself and three sons for a PCR test.

she and the younger two were negative, but the eldest was positive.
so today she's getting called by so called track and trace ............

she of course said we'd been in contact, so this afternoon we had the call as well........ for SWMBO, who was not well at the time.

'this call is being recorded' etc and then a pile of questions, including SWMBO's 'ethnicity'.

I had already explained we'd done tests and were negative, but of course they need to tick all their boxes to get their bonuses.

but at that question I saw red, I know, so out of character for me  :P

'why do you need to know that ?'
'we do'
'well, I consider that question to be borderline racist. do you treat different ethnicities in different ways ?'
'err, no. you can decline to answer'
'declined'

it sort of went down hill after that, but just as I was calming down, my daughter phoned and in the conversation she mentioned that when T&T were on the phone to her, they wanted all the grandson's details, and also 'how do they consider themselves'

pardon

male / female / other gender

eldest - male
middle - male
youngest - dinosaur

I can't accept that

well he's three years old and says he's a dinosaur. make of that what you want.

in the background sounds of ' grrrrrr me dinosaur grrrr'

is it me, or is all this  :poop: just political correctness gone mad  :hmmm:

now waiting for the call from them for me, as the numnuts who called before could not manage to deal with both our details in one call.

biscuits, jaffa cakes, cushion [the naughty step is bare wood], thermos check, good to go  >:D

Skyline2uk

:laughabovepost:

What a strange coincidence...Mini Skyline is so convinced he is a "Raptor" that whenever he is told to be a bit quieter he "sneaks" about like said two-legged bitey beast....

Skyline2uk

Newportnobby

[gmod]Oh no :telloff: You don't get sent there so easily :no: Besides, we're starting to think you enjoy it too much.[/gmod]

emjaybee

Quote from: Newportnobby on November 09, 2021, 03:52:15 PM
Oh no  :telloff: You don't get sent there so easily  :no: Besides, we're starting to think you enjoy it too much.

Well, it is a little like a social club now. We all have our 'spots' and standing orders for brew and biscuits.
Brookline build thread:

https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=50207.msg652736#msg652736

Sometimes you bite the dog...

...sometimes the dog bites you!

----------------------------------------------------------

I can explain it to you...

...but I can't understand it for you.

thebrighton

No wonder the take up rate of the Covid booster jab isn't as high as they'd like. Just had my notification that I can get mine so onto the NHS website I go. 4 weeks time and on one specific day and over 20 miles away. Exactly the same for my parents who are in their 80's with no means of transport other than buses and you can't get to Flimwell from Eastbourne by bus.

guest311

Quote from: emjaybee on November 09, 2021, 03:58:33 PM
Quote from: Newportnobby on November 09, 2021, 03:52:15 PM
Oh no  :telloff: You don't get sent there so easily  :no: Besides, we're starting to think you enjoy it too much.

Well, it is a little like a social club now. We all have our 'spots' and standing orders for brew and biscuits.

perhaps we should form a committee  [wheel tappers and shunters reference for those of tender years  :-[ ]

guest311

Quote from: thebrighton on November 09, 2021, 04:22:25 PM
No wonder the take up rate of the Covid booster jab isn't as high as they'd like. Just had my notification that I can get mine so onto the NHS website I go. 4 weeks time and on one specific day and over 20 miles away. Exactly the same for my parents who are in their 80's with no means of transport other than buses and you can't get to Flimwell from Eastbourne by bus.

basically the 'system' is broke.

SWMBO and I both got our text messages to book, 'just click on this link' - unfortunately Boris hasn't sent us 'smart' phones yet so had to go on line.

simple yes ? all I need is to find two appointments next to one another, book one for SWMBO then log off as her, log on as me and book the other  :thumbsup:

no chance  >:(

we were offered two options...

Claire Hall Haywards Heath - appointments available
or
Claire Hall Haywards Heath - no appointments available  :hmmm:

decided to try the 'appointments available' version, but unable, even in the future, to find two appointments next to one another.

with our first and second jabs these were organised by our surgery, and we could book as a 'double', but the surgery not involved in boosters as it's apparently been outsourced to some company.

any way, booked SWMBO her appointment, then logged out and logged in as me with the intention of finding something near the time so we could at least just make one journey.....

her appt 14:50, suddenly one available at 15:00  >:(

several of our friends have found the same thing. why can't they just list all appts on one list  :veryangry:

oh, and don't think of trying to phone them to see if you can do a double appointment, NO CONTACT NUMBER OR E-MAIL  :censored: on the site.

you could not belive this in a tv series.

guest311

what I find much more worrying is the report on the news this evening that, in spite of massive shortages of nurses in one report, the next has Javid saying that if staff don't get jabbed they will have to find another job.

hang on, rewind a year or so, and massive reporting of how thousands of NHS staff were getting priority for jabs, now it's a case of 'oh they didn't' and the standard manager's response of 'FI-FO'.

we've already seen this with care workers, now it's nurses ?

and yet still there seems to be a large percentage of 'health professionals' who don't want it ?

including, on the news, an interview with a nurse or theatre tech who wouldn't have the jab, even though he had had covid already ???

whayt does that tell the ordinary man in the street about the jab / booster.

if so called health professionals won't have it why should they ?

and as for 'we have 1,000s of nurses vacencies we can't fill, so we're going to effectively sack a pile of the ones we have ??

soon all the NHS will have is administrators  :hmmm: :hmmm:

ahh

light bulb moment, perhaps that is the plan.
NHS could be so efficient if we didn't have any nurses / doctors / patients, just pen pushers  >:D

lil chris

I know were you are coming from with this Covid lark, a friend who lives Little Lever near Bolton, was told he had to go to St Helens for a booster. I managed to find out there is a Chemist in Breightmet Bolton next to the health centre where he had his second jab, so he is going there tomorrow. A friend of mine went and there was a massive queue after they said you can just turn up. I booked the wife last night there was a 1000 people in front of me on the online queue, must admit it went down pretty fast so she can have her's on the 30th November.
Don't know who has organised this it's chaotic this time round, and like somebody said the doctors surgery's don't want to know. Anybody who does not have internet access has no chance.
Lil Chris
Layout previous was East Lancashire Lines, changed this new one. My new layout here.

gc4946

This time the Covid booster jabs are handled differently.
I had both my earlier jabs in a repurposed conference centre next to Leeds United's ground on Sunday afternoons.
Now my appointment is nearer to me geographically, in a doctor's surgery, but not my regular one.
However none of the venues nearest to me offered any weekend sessions online, so had to arrange mine on a weekday, fortunately I'm working from home that day.
Surely they could have been arranged in the same way the flu jabs were organised this year, I had mine in my local surgery on a Saturday morning and was out quickly afterwards.
"I believe in positive, timely solutions, not vague, future promises"

Newportnobby

Had an e mail this morning inviting me to make my booster appointment. However, it states twice in that mail I cannot book it until 6 months after my second jab.
Are they not aware this week that period was reduced to 5 months?? ::)

guest311

seems not.
during both of my conversations with T&T yesterday, see earlier posts, I explained the both SWMBO and I had had both jabs and had out boosters booked for tomorrow.

the response ?
'was your last jab more than 6 months ago'

tongue bitten then
'I refer you to my staement that our boosters are booked tomorrow !'

they just read the script, which no one has updated, and do not seem to listen to what you say.

while risking being accused of being racist, but as they started it with asking for our 'ethnicity' I woulkd comment that both calls seem to be made from Mumbai, so perhaps outsourced like so many jobs.

lil chris

Mick, @Newportnobby they have changed the booking to 5 months because by the time you are on 182 days you end up waiting three weeks for the jab. You still can not have the booster jab till 182 days after second jab, but you can book earlier. The wife had her second vaccine on the 1st June, I have now booked her for the 30th of November(183days).Chris
Lil Chris

Newportnobby

@lil chris Thanks Chris. Bit of a bummer as I have to take my sister tomorrow pm for hers. For the sake of 2 days till my 6 months is up I wonder whether they'll stick me as a walk in :hmmm:

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations