The angry thread

Started by findus, March 29, 2011, 09:42:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

emjaybee

Quote from: Young Bulla on July 12, 2021, 06:04:05 PM
Errm, does having more overtime available than I could possibly want making breathing circuits, carbon dioxide scrubbers and ventilators count as something positive?
Over 500 cases province-wide today, a bank holiday, one where thousands are on the streets celebrating their 'culture and heritage'.
Just an observation of life here, not meant in any way to be taken personally and I wish you all the best in England when you 're-open next week.

Where are you?

If you get a minute, and it sounds like you're very busy, update your profile so we know where in the world you are.

Stay safe!
Brookline build thread:

https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=50207.msg652736#msg652736

Sometimes you bite the dog...

...sometimes the dog bites you!

----------------------------------------------------------

I can explain it to you...

...but I can't understand it for you.

Young Bulla

Six miles south of Ballymoney in Northern Ireland, been here 22 years now, In ad around the Manchester area before that.
Will sort out my profile once I have fed and watered the chickens
All the best
Stan

railsquid

Quote from: Bealman on July 12, 2021, 04:45:08 AM

Quote from: railsquid on July 12, 2021, 03:30:35 AM
Just read they're reporting 112 NSW cases today. Seems a big number for Australia...

Here in sunny Tokyo we are now on Day 1 of a six week "state of emergency" (the fourth...) timed to cover the Olympics (probably quite sensible as it pretty much squashes Covid as a spectator sport), but which also covers the school summer holidays and further restricts the range of activities which can be undertaken with a small child.

On the plus side Mrs. Railsquid has now also bagged a vaccination appointment, albeit for the start of September.

Yeah, 112 today. Just about all of them in the same area of Sydney, and most of them in entire families.  :veryangry:

Yes, you're not travelling real well in Tokyo either, by the looks of it. I'm pleased to hear that Mrs R has got a vaccination appointment.  :thumbsup:

In comparison with many other countries, this is but a gentle wavelet lapping up against the shore of Covid pestilence - remember, this is a country where the government has to issue guidelines in summer recommending people *not* to wear masks outside when it's hot - on the other hand the prefectures surrounding Tokyo (which are effectively part of the same conurbation) are merely in "extended prevention measures", not a "state of emergency", which means people are crossing into those to to get their mid-evening public drinking in, as the rules are slightly less strict there, so I'm betting the "state of emergency" will be extended to those in a week or two...

Meanwhile in less angry news, Mrs Railsquid's mother apparently got wind via the local grapevine of some cancellation slots opening up soon and cheekily phoned up and pretended to be Mrs Railsquid, so she (Mrs Railsquid) now has an appointment before the end of July  :thumbsup:

Platy767

A story in the online news about a young man who got 4 jabs. 2 AZ and 2 Pfizer. Apparently nobody refused him!
https://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/health/health-problems/coronavirus-vaccine-rollout-sydney-man-gets-full-doses-of-astrazeneca-and-pfizer/news-story/fb79c9d6f8d233309f8da221eca4bc59

I'm due for 2nd AZ in early September (12 weeks) although the health advice is varied and not ruling out a 6 or 8 week interval.

Bealman

Yeah, I'm due my second on Sept 9. I rang up yesterday and they're quite happy to put it forward a month, but unless things become bad here in Wollongong, I don't see much point in doing so.

Good result, Ian!  :thumbsup:
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Graham

Lock down number 5, all because some idiot removalists from refused to obey the rules. Thank goodness I had my 2nd shot of AZ today.

Bealman

I think you missed NSW after "from"  :(
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

emjaybee

Quote from: Graham on July 15, 2021, 09:46:30 AM
Lock down number 5, all because some idiot removalists from refused to obey the rules. Thank goodness I had my 2nd shot of AZ today.

Please forgive the question, but what's a "removalist"?
Brookline build thread:

MinZaPint

[/quote]

Well that could be me  :-[ when I take down the "Jobs to do list" that my good lady has put up in hope!  :hmmm: :D
Cogito Sumere potum alterum

Newportnobby

Quote from: emjaybee on July 15, 2021, 10:42:41 AM

Sounds like this sort of cretin...................(sorry if I'm doing any cretins a disservice)

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/covid-denier-tobe-hayden-leigh-east-surrey-hospital-friend-163118952.html?.tsrc=fp_deeplink

emjaybee

Quote from: Newportnobby on July 15, 2021, 11:45:38 AM
Quote from: emjaybee on July 15, 2021, 10:42:41 AM

Sounds like this sort of cretin...................(sorry if I'm doing any cretins a disservice)

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/covid-denier-tobe-hayden-leigh-east-surrey-hospital-friend-163118952.html?.tsrc=fp_deeplink

Hmm, shame he can't 'remove' himself from the gene pool.

:veryangry:
Brookline build thread:

Graham

Quote from: Bealman on July 15, 2021, 10:22:02 AM
So I did George, just really p***** off, thought we had gotten away with this round.

Yet_Another

Quote from: Graham on July 15, 2021, 12:51:47 PM
So I did George, just really p***** off, thought we had gotten away with this round.
But what is a removalist?
Tony

'...things are not done by those who sit down to count the cost of every thought and act.' - Sir Daniel Gooch of IKB

Nbodger

Quote from: Yet_Another on July 15, 2021, 12:57:09 PM

A removal company or their employees

emjaybee

Quote from: Nbodger on July 15, 2021, 01:24:51 PM
Quote from: Yet_Another on July 15, 2021, 12:57:09 PM

A removal company or their employees

I thought they were 'breakists'.
Brookline build thread:

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00