The angry thread

Started by findus, March 29, 2011, 09:42:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

daffy

I know just what you mean David, but some of the SUV's* commonly coming at me lately look like this :

(internet pic)

* Seriously 'Uge Vehicles

I tend to give way.  ;) Happily the drivers of these monsters are most considerate, which can't be said for a lot of the tractor/trailer cowboys that daily hurtle about the local lanes - usually accompanied by a screeching slide of tyres on damp roads! :veryangry:

Mike

Sufferin' succotash!

dannyboy

David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

Zogbert Splod

I was recently driving on the motorway.  Probably doing around 60mph.  I was passed by a small car, a Fiesta I think.  He was doing a lot more than I was.  There was a car battery sitting on his roof.  No roof rack or anything like that, just sitting there...
"When in trouble, when in doubt, run (trains) in circles..." etc.
There, doesn't that feel better? 
Lovely!

Planning thread:
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=25873.0

My website: Zog Trains

Run what thou wilt shall be the whole of the law
I may appear to be listening to you, but inside my head, I'm playing with my trains.

dannyboy

I bet he got a shock when he got home.
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

daveg

Perhaps he'd made a volt bolt for it.  ;D

Dave G

daffy

It would be handy if the one under the bonnet packed up as it's Ever Ready.
Mike

Sufferin' succotash!

Zogbert Splod

:confusedsign: Poo!  I think I posted that story in the (poor) jokes thread!  :no:  :sorrysign:
"When in trouble, when in doubt, run (trains) in circles..." etc.
There, doesn't that feel better? 
Lovely!

Planning thread:
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=25873.0

My website: Zog Trains

Run what thou wilt shall be the whole of the law
I may appear to be listening to you, but inside my head, I'm playing with my trains.

cudders

Never sell your unwanted items to a model railway shop.

Today I took about £800 worth of stuff and the offer was £140. I almost laughed then then said max would be £200.

I appreciate they have to make a profit but greed makes me mad  :censored:

Cudders
Hoping to make a start on the layout before Xmas!!

daffy

Sadly this is the case with practically every commodity. The shops have margins and profits to make but in my experience offers are often ridiculously low. They do of course have to cover the risks involved in purchasing stock of which they have no prior knowledge or experience of how good it is, and their offer will always be assessed against what they can buy stock for in the first place from their usual suppliers, which of course is well below what we, the punters, pay for it.

I have made it a rule never to sell to a shop, but to market privately. A hassle, but I'm left with more money and my pride.
Mike

Sufferin' succotash!

themadhippy

QuoteToday I took about £800 worth of stuff and the offer was £140. I almost laughed then then said max would be £200.
Buy for a 1/4 sell for a 1/3 of  the new price,as taught to me many moons ago.
freedom of speech is but a  fallacy.it dosnt exist here

austinbob

Quote from: themadhippy on October 04, 2017, 10:19:38 PM
QuoteToday I took about £800 worth of stuff and the offer was £140. I almost laughed then then said max would be £200.
If you're talking about some of the larger retailers then its buy for a 1/4 and sell for 1 and a bit... Check out the rails ebay shop. Some of the prices are higher than new!!!
I'm in the wrong business??
:beers:
Size matters - especially if you don't have a lot of space - and N gauge is the answer!

Bob Austin

Skyline2uk

Quote from: austinbob on October 05, 2017, 08:35:35 AM
Quote from: themadhippy on October 04, 2017, 10:19:38 PM
If you're talking about some of the larger retailers then its buy for a 1/4 and sell for 1 and a bit... Check out the rails ebay shop. Some of the prices are higher than new!!!
I'm in the wrong business??
:beers:

Said retailers other favourite game at the moment is constantly re-listing eBay items. I don't know if it's to avoid fees (new rules?) but I am getting e-Mail notifications for my set-up subject watch list for the same item over and over again, sometimes 2 or 3 times a week.

Skyline2uk

Newportnobby

Sorry to be so grave, folks, but it's worth informing your nearest and dearest of this in the event you shuttle off this mortal coil. OK, you personally are not going to be concerned, but any instruction you can give will help your loved ones/relatives get the optimum price. If a forum friend can be persuaded to help them out so much the better. All and any proceeds of my model railway items will be going to Help 4 Heroes so I'd like to think I'd get more than the shops would offer (should I worry about snipers now?) :uneasy:

RailGooner

Just arrived at work where there is always refurbishment going on in some part or other of the building. Spotted a comms cabinet in a skip outside the main entrance. The cabinet is virtually pristine. A similar new one would cost around £400. I'm currently working in temporary accommodation while my regular workspace is refurbished. Part of that refurbishment is to fit a comms cabinet where we previously didn't have one. Haven't had a pay rise in 5 years and no wonder with such profligate (mis)management. :veryangry: :veryangry: :veryangry: :veryangry: :veryangry:

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations