The angry thread

Started by findus, March 29, 2011, 09:42:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steamie+

Quote from: Ian Bowden on March 21, 2017, 12:22:21 PM
I am waiting again for the gas meter to be changed at the theatre. This time no excuses and lies just nothing. 18 hours wasted waiting so far. The gas supplier has been helpful but doesn't know what is happening as its British Gas who are subcontracting to install the meter. The only good thing is I have been reading a lot more of this forum.

Best read on the web Ian.

British Gas say no more!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DELETED

It has taken me a little more than 2 years to get away from Halifax / Bank of Scotland for my morgage -which for varoius reasons were truly awful, my payment insurance when I was out of work was found to be useless and the Ombudsaman gave up my case after 12 months because it was such a bad company and their investigations were getting nowhere themselves.

I had the chance to change recently and went to Nationwide on good rep from the others in our office and it's been nothing but hassle for me so far.  First meeting -discussed the plan over next few years, agreed numbers etc etc.  Next meeting a few days later they've pulled that plan at no notice -all the numbers now are different and less in my favour.  Still good enough to cick-off process but they allocated a naff solicitor and surveyor I had problems with 12 months ago when I though I would have to sell through Your Move as I was out of work and down to last few pennies but they were not very good at all.  So I asked for a new solicitor this time and the new one seems pretty dire.  Naff surveyor came and went again (I hate putting new business after bad but at least it was the same guy and I expect an evaluation no less than my home report 12 months ago -they wouldn't change surveyor).

...I'm still trying to get what should have been a few days of work into place weeks later.  I thought Nationwide were OK and had a reasonable rep.  They're naff so-far, I just hope I don't have to go through it all again with someone else -it's just way too much hassle than it should be so far!!!!

I HATE this, I went with Nationwide on good reputation -but this process is a complete pain in the proverbial.

Steamie+

Sorry to hear about your situation RST, so glad i don't have a mortgage now. You must be able to get some recourse for you payment plan even if the Ombudsman give up because it was a bad company, they are government backed aren't they, write to your local MP and get him/her involved, you have nothing to lose but everything to gain. Give it a go, i know it's hard i have been there in the past when i got made redundant for the 2nd time and found it very hard to find work, i wrote to my local MP had she got things moving pretty fast.

Steamie+

jonclox

>:D iron tablets  that are 'ripping' my insides to shreds  (it seems)  :worried:
John A GOM personified
N Gauge can seriously damage your wealth.
Never force things. Just use a bigger hammer
Electronically and spelling dyslexic 
Ruleoneshire
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=17646.0
Re: Grainge & Hodder baseboards
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=29659.0

Newportnobby

Quote from: jonclox on April 07, 2017, 02:27:04 PM
>:D iron tablets  that are 'ripping' my insides to shreds  (it seems)  :worried:

I have been on Ferrous Fumarate for a month now as a blood test showed I have an iron count of 11 whereas the lowest permitted level is 20. My female relatives all told me I'd be constipated but that hasn't been the case, although I think I could do with sewing up each time 'I've been'
I bet y'all wanted to hear that, eh? :laugh3:

Skyline2uk

Quote from: newportnobby on April 07, 2017, 02:52:42 PM

I have been on Ferrous Fumarate for a month now as a blood test showed I have an iron count of 11 whereas the lowest permitted level is 20. My female relatives all told me I'd be constipated but that hasn't been the case, although I think I could do with sewing up each time 'I've been'

:o

Skyline2uk

daffy

To make a similar plea to one you often make here yourself Mick, though with one important difference:

NO photos please! :no:

Mike

Sufferin' succotash!

Steamie+

Newportnobby

Quote from: daffy on April 07, 2017, 03:46:20 PM

To make a similar plea to one you often make here yourself Mick, though with one important difference:

NO photos please! :no:

You're extremely lucky. I don't have a wide angle lens :laugh:

jonclox

My female relatives all told me I'd be constipated but that hasn't been the case, although I think I could do with sewing up each time 'I've been'
Oh great  ::)  :doh:  :thankyousign:
John A GOM personified
N Gauge can seriously damage your wealth.
Never force things. Just use a bigger hammer
Electronically and spelling dyslexic 
Ruleoneshire
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=17646.0
Re: Grainge & Hodder baseboards
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=29659.0

dannyboy

Quote from: dannyboy on March 21, 2017, 12:41:46 AM
On 3rd March I ordered an item and accessories from a retailer via ebay. The accessories arrived on 14th, but not the item. On checking the tracking information, it show that two packages were sent and confirms that one was delivered. As the 2nd package has not arrived, I put in a claim a couple of hours ago and stated in the claim that two packages were sent but only one received. An acknowledgement was received from ebay at 10.57pm. At 11.16pm, (19 minutes later), I get an email stating that the case has been closed. Reason - I am not getting a refund as the item is shown as delivered!!  :censored:. Is the system so automated that there is no one there to read what I had put in the claim, ie only 1 of 2 packages received  ???. I can appeal, but as I live in Ireland, I have to ring them - before 10pm - aaargh!  :censored:. So I have now gone direct to PayPal to submit a claim - we will see what happens next.  Ask me if I am annoyed.  :veryangry: :censored: :veryangry: :censored:

Good news at last - Paypal have finally refunded every penny.  :thumbsup:. I still have the accessories, (only cost about a fiver), and if they ask for them back, they can gladly have them. If they don't ask ........... I suppose we could call it compensation  ???  :hmmm:
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

zopadooper

Bealman

I've been having a few issues with PayPal here meself in Australia......

What happened to gannin down to a shop, eh.  ;)
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

daffy

Quote from: Bealman on April 08, 2017, 12:50:18 PM

What happened to gannin down to a shop, eh.  ;)

I still gan when I can, but ......... :(
Mike

Sufferin' succotash!

dannyboy

Quote from: zopadooper on April 08, 2017, 12:31:53 PM
or possibly theft!!

No, I am on safe ground there. Part of the definition of theft, (Theft Act 1968 Sec. 1), states "with the intention of permanently depriving the other of it". As I said, "and if they ask for them back, they can gladly have them" - and I said that on a publicly accessible forum.  :P. Notwithstanding I did not "dishonestly appropriate" them in the first place.  :)
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations