The angry thread

Started by findus, March 29, 2011, 09:42:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fatso

Well hit my first set back today I was given two already built 4x6ft baseboard which has now been taking back due the reading club wanting them they have not used them in over a year soon as they are given to me for the club few weeks down the road wham please can I have them back so now I have ask my lovely lady if I can have loan wish me luck on this one if they think I am going to be beaten they are in for a shock come hell or high water I will have baseboard by next Monday and we will be running trains.mike
Always looking on the bright side of life

Dock Shunter

Quote from: fatso on February 25, 2016, 07:49:12 PM
Well hit my first set back today I was given two already built 4x6ft baseboard which has now been taking back due the reading club wanting them they have not used them in over a year soon as they are given to me for the club few weeks down the road wham please can I have them back.

They "Gave" them to you,and a few weeks later they want them back?
Cant you "politely" tell them they are not getting them back.They gave them to you.Why should you have to give them back...?

fatso

Quote from: Dock Shunter on February 25, 2016, 09:00:37 PM
Quote from: fatso on February 25, 2016, 07:49:12 PM
Well hit my first set back today I was given two already built 4x6ft baseboard which has now been taking back due the reading club wanting them they have not used them in over a year soon as they are given to me for the club few weeks down the road wham please can I have them back.

They "Gave" them to you,and a few weeks later they want them back?
Cant you "politely" tell them they are not getting them back.They gave them to you.Why should you have to give them back...?

The boards are made to look like a story book with a page in the middle that comes off its run by the local mums who have been given bigger space to run reading club in larger  library what's done is done where's a will there's a way.mike
Always looking on the bright side of life

NinOz

Getting old sucks! >:(

20 rotary encoders arrived in the post a little over a week ago; now can't find a trace of them.  Searched every where so must conclude they may have gone in the bin.  $48 gone.

Have to reorder today and wait another week. :'(
To be called pompous and arrogant - hell of a come down.
I tried so hard to be snobbish and haughty.

| Carpe Jugulum |

daveg

Tell me about it!  :veryangry:

The originals will turn up just as their replacements arrive.  :doh:

Dave G

jonclox

>:D and other attributes I wont list here.
I lost my mojo over/about Christmas time and have done nothing much to the layout since then using the coldness in the layout room as part of the excuse. Ann has now wanted to put some tomatoe and other plants on the windowsill to 'grow on' ::) but its far to cold in there.
:idea:  my brain cell kicked in early last week and I ordered her a tubular thermostatically controlled greenhouse heater to put below the windowsill and keep the plants 'warm'
Now she cant thank me enough as its working fine and taking the chill off the room each night.
The underhanded sneaky thing is that the room is nearly warm enough for me to start modelling odds and ends in there. I can be a swine sometimes.  :-[
John A GOM personified
N Gauge can seriously damage your wealth.
Never force things. Just use a bigger hammer
Electronically and spelling dyslexic 
Ruleoneshire
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=17646.0
Re: Grainge & Hodder baseboards
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=29659.0

woodbury22uk

Quote from: NinOz on March 06, 2016, 04:55:06 AM
Getting old sucks! >:(

I know what you mean. I couldn't find my cup of coffee. Searched high and low and in my lady's chamber. Behold, the next morning, there it was in the microwave where I had reheated it because I forgot to drink it while it was hot!
Mike

Membre AFAN 0196

trkilliman

I know what you mean. I couldn't find my cup of coffee. Searched high and low and in my lady's chamber. Behold, the next morning, there it was in the microwave where I had reheated it because I forgot to drink it while it was hot!

I know exactly what you mean with the coffee Woodbury22UK...been there done that many times! 

Newportnobby

I recall with some bemusement the day my Mum made me a cup of coffee and then walked straight past me and put it in a cupboard. I wasn't angry at all but she was furious with herself.

Malc

Forgetting where you put things and having to look for them all over the house, is just nature's way of making you take exercise. It is especially beneficial if you live in a 2 story house and have stairs to negotiate. :D
The years have been good to me, it was the weekends that did the damage.

railsquid

Had the baby (well, pre-toddler now) on my lap earlier today, then he suddenly wasn't there but being held by Mrs. Squid, and I have no recollection of putting him down or handing him over.  :confused2:

Newportnobby

Squidlet obviously has the ability to 'beam' himself about the place ;D

dannyboy

Quote from: jonclox on March 06, 2016, 09:28:47 AM

The underhanded sneaky thing is that the room is nearly warm enough for me to start modelling odds and ends in there. I can be a swine sometimes.  :-[

No, no - that is called using your initiative, (and getting in SWMBO good books). Well done. :D. David.
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

Oldman

Sorting out the granddaughters' laptop - just spent the last hour looking for the administrative password and changing every thing so she now has complete control over it.
Her problem now as have removed myself from the user list.
Modelling stupid small scale using T gauge track and IDl induction track. Still have  N gauge but not the space( Japanese Trams) Excuse spelling errors please, posting on mobile phone

Newportnobby

Quote from: Oldman on March 06, 2016, 08:02:11 PM
Sorting out the granddaughters' laptop - just spent the last hour looking for the administrative password and changing every thing so she now has complete control over it.
Her problem now as have removed myself from the user list.

I'd have put that in 'The Happy Thread' :D

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations